Ancient Indian History GK Quiz, Ancient Indian History GK Questions and Answers
The aspirants preparing for competitive exams like IAS, State PSC, SSC, etc. should have a stronghold on Indian History subject. In Indian history subject, the section which is considered to be most difficult is Ancient Indian History. The best way to prepare for this section is to go through as many Indian Ancient History questions and answers as possible. To help aspirants in their exam preparation, we are providing the best Indian Ancient History GK questions along with the answers.
We are constantly updating this post by adding more Indian History General Knowledge Questions. So, we request you to bookmark this page and visit regularly. Please feel free to use the comment section below if you too have to some good Indian history questions or any suggestion for us.
Ancient Indian History GK Quiz
1) Who was the ruler of the kingdom between the rivers Jhelum and Chenab?
(A) Alexander the Great
(B) Darius III
(C) King Porus
(D) Chandragupta Maurya
Answer: C (King Porus)
2) Which of the following statement is wrong?
(A) Bhoja was the founder of Pritihara Empire.
(B) Dharmpala was the founder of Pala dynasty.
(C) Vikramashila University was founded by Dharmpala
(D) Krishna III was the last Rashtrakuta king.
Answer: B (Dharmpala was the founder of Pala dynasty)
3) Which empire lasted the longest among the following?
(A) The Pratiharas
(B) The Pala
(C) The Rashtrakutas
(D) The Senas
Answer: B (The Pala)
4) Who was the main male God worshipped by Indus people?
(A) Lord Vishnu
Ans: A (Lord Vishnu)
5) What led to the end of Indus Valley Civilization?
(A) Invasion of Aryans
(B) Recurrent Floods
(D) All of the above
Answer: D (All of the above)
6) Which among the following is a place in Larkana district of Sind province in Pakistan?
Ans: D (Mohenjo Daro)
7) Where were the hymns of Rigveda composed?
(D) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: A (Punjab)
8) Who among the following was worshipped during Early Vedic Civilization?
(D) All the above
Answer: A (Varuna)
9) Who was the first Indian ruler who had territory outside India?
(B) Chandragupta Maurya
Answer: C (Kanishka)
10) Upnishads are books on:
(A) Social life
Answer: B (Philosophy)