Ashton Kutcher is an American actor and former model well-known for his role in the sitcom “That ’70s Show”. He is an active entrepreneur with investments in numerous startups and is also a major philanthropist. Enrolled initially at the University of Iowa to pursue biochemical engineering, Kutcher dropped out to become a model and decided later that he wants to become an actor. He has now successfully established himself as a leading man in the industry and has even earned a handsome net worth of around $200 million. Find more information on Ashton Kutcher’s net worth in 2023 and other interesting details about the actor from this article below.
Ashton Kutcher Net Worth in 2023
|Net worth (2023)||$200 million (est.)|
Ashton Kutcher’s Personal Biography
Ashton Kutcher was born on February 7, 1978, in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, to Diane and Larry M. Kutcher. His father was a factory worker while his mother worked at Procter & Gamble. He has an older sister and a fraternal twin brother who had a heart transplant while very young. When Kutcher was 13, he thought of committing suicide to save his brother with a heart transplant.
Kutcher was dating a fashion design student Ashley Ellerin in 2001 who was murdered. Kutcher stated that he was picking her up for a date but she didn’t answer her phone and was subsequently found dead. The actor next dated popular actress Brittany Murphy in 2002 but the relationship was short-lived. Murphy too died in 2009 after suffering from pneumonia and cardiac arrest.
In 2003, Kutcher met actress Demi Moore and they got married in 2005. Moore is a well-known actress known for movies like “Blame It on Rio”, “St. Elmo’s Fire”, “Ghost”, and others. The couple got separated in 2011 and divorced in 2012. Right after his divorce, Kutcher started dating his former co-star and close friend Mila Kunis. They got married in 2015 and have two children together. Kunis too is a famous actress who has worked in hit movies such as “Max Payne”, “The Book of Eli”, “Ted”, “Friends with Benefits”, etc.
|Full name||Christopher Ashton Kutcher|
|Profession||Actor, producer, entrepreneur, model|
|Years active||1998 – present|
|Age||Born on February 7, 1978|
|Place of birth||Cedar Rapids, Iowa, US|
|Education||University of Iowa|
|Spouse||Mila Kunis (2015 – present) Demi Moore (2005 – 2013)|
|Parents||Diane Kutcher (mother) Larry M. Kutcher (father)|
Initial Struggle and Modeling Career
Although he is a multi-millionaire now, Kutcher had a tough start to his life and he worked in a cereal department to earn tuition money. Sometimes, he even sold his blood plasma to support himself financially. While still in university, Kutcher was approached by a model scout and entered in a modeling competition. He got first place in the competition and went to New York to pursue his modeling career. He later moved to Los Angeles to start an acting career.
Check Richest Actresses in the World
Professional Acting Career
Kutcher’s first acting role came with the television series “That “70s Show” where he also met his future wife Mila Kunis. He was later cast in lead roles in movies like “Dude, Where’s My Car?”, “Just Married”, and “Guess Who”. Ashton landed his breakthrough role in the movie “The Butterfly Effect” which despite receiving negative reviews from the critics went on to became a box office hit. His second major success came when he replaced Charlie Sheen in the comedy series “Two and a Half Men”. In 2015, Ashton appeared as a guest Shark on “Shark Tank” and starred in the Netflix series “The Ranch” from 2016 to 2020. He recently starred in the comedy thriller “Vengeance” in 2022.
Career as a Producer
In 2003, Kutcher produced and starred in the series “MTV’s Punk’d”. Apart from this, he is an executive producer of the game show “Opportunity Knocks” and the reality television shows “Adventures in Hollyhood”, “Beauty and the Geek”, and “The Real Wedding Crashers”. Kutcher has also produced and starred in the action comedy film, “Killers”. His production company is named Katalyst Films which he found with producer Jason Goldberg. As an extended branch of Katalyst Films, Ashton has also created another production company called Katalyst Media.
Check Scarlett Johansson Net worth
As an entrepreneur, Kutcher has invested in six startups as of August 2017. He is also the co-founder of the venture capital firm A-Grade Investments. He was announced as a product engineer for Lenovo in 2013 and was also a part of the management team for a tech start-up Ooma. Kutcher has investments in a Japanese-themed restaurant Geisha House and an Italian restaurant Dolce. He has also invested a 50% stake in the Veldskoen shoes business in 2019.
In 2014, Kutcher launched A Plus, a digital-media company dedicated to feel-good human-interest news stories. In 2016, Chicken Soup for the Soul acquired a majority stake in A Plus, and in 2019, Kutcher sold his remaining stake in A Plus to them.
Kutcher is the co-founder of an international human rights organization Thorn: Digital Defenders of Children with his ex-wife Demi Moore. Known earlier as the DNA Foundation, the organization addresses the problem of sexual exploitation of children and child pornography.
Kutcher has also started a gofundme page with his wife Mila Kunis to help two online companies, Airbnb and Flexport, to help refugees fleeing from Ukraine amidst the Ukraine-Russia ongoing war.
Top 10 Movies of Ashton Kutcher
- The Butterfly Effect (2004)
- The Guardian (I) (2006)
- A Lot Like Love (2005)
- What Happens in Vegas (2008)
- Jobs (2013)
- Guess Who (2005)
- Valentine’s Day (I) (2010)
- Just Married (2003)
- Killers (2010)
- My Boss’s Daughter (2003)
Awards & Accolades Won
Hollywood Film Award
- 2006 Ensemble of the Year for Bobby
Teen Choice Awards
- 2003 Choice TV: Reality Hunk for Punk’d
- 2003 Choice TV: Reality/Variety Host for Punk’d
- 2003 Choice TV Actor: Comedy for That ’70s Show
- 2004 Choice TV: Personality
- 2004 Choice TV: Male Reality/Variety Star for Punk’d
- 2004 Choice TV Actor: Comedy for That ’70s Show
- 2005 Choice TV Male Personality for Punk’d
- 2005 Choice TV Actor: Comedy for That ’70s Show
- 2005 Choice Movie Actor: Comedy for A Lot Like Love
- 2006 Choice TV: Personality for Punk’d
- 2008 Choice Movie Actor: Romantic Comedy for What Happens in Vegas
- 2010 Choice Movie Actor: Romantic Comedy for Valentine’s Day
- 2013 Ultimate Choice
- 2013 Choice Movie Actor: Comedy for Killers
- 2011 Choice Movie Actor: Romantic Comedy for No Strings Attached
People’s Choice Awards
- 2010 Favorite Web Celeb
Interesting Facts about Ashton Kutcher
- Ashton worked as a floor sweeper while he was in college.
- Two of the toes on Kutcher’s left foot are webbed.
- His brother Michael is suffering from cerebral palsy.
- Kutcher used to wrestle in high school but had to quit after an injury.
- In 2016, he became the first person to reach 1 million followers on Twitter.
- He was ranked at number 17 in TV Guide’s list of “TV’s 25 Greatest Teen Idols”.
- In 2002, he was listed in Teen People Magazine’s “25 Hottest Stars Under 25”.
- Ashton ranked number 3 on VH1’s “100 Hottest Hotties”.
- He is a major fan of the NFL team Chicago Bears.
- His company Katalyst was named in the list of Top 50 Most Inspiring Innovators and Top 10 Most Innovative Companies.
Check List of Richest Actors in the World
Ashton Kutcher on Social Media
Frequently Asked Questions
$200 million (approx.)
No. Kunis has a net worth of around $65 million only.
Moore is about 15 years older than Ashton Kutcher.