The state of Georgia has implemented a Cash Assistance Program. It provides eligible residents with financial assistance for basic needs including housing, utilities, and food. Recently, Governor Brian P. Kemp announced that the Department of Human Services received a fund of $1 billion for this program. Those who are eligible will get up to $350 as assistance.
To avail of the benefits, you must activate your cash card number through cashassistance.gateway.ga.gov. The activation process is simple and straightforward. After completing it, cardholders will be able to access their benefits and begin using them immediately. In this guide, we’ll take you through the process of activating your Cash Assistance Card and getting the benefits you need to support yourself and your family.
Cash Assistance Program Overview
|Name of the program||Cash Assistance Program|
|Managed by||Department of Human Services, Division of Family & Children Services|
|Beneficiaries||Georgia Gateway users enrolled in Medicaid, PeachCare for Kids, SNAP, and/or TANF.|
|Scheme Announced by||Governor Brian P. Kemp|
|Launch Date||September 20th|
|Amount spent so far||$1,061,773,300|
|Number of beneficiaries so far||3,033,638|
|The amount received by beneficiaries so far||$779,482,654|
Eligibility for Cash Assistance program prepaid card
If you meet any of the following criteria then you are eligible to receive your Cash Assistance Program Card.
- Those who have been enrolled and actively receiving Medicaid, PeachCare for Kids®, SNAP, and/or TANF benefits on July 31, 2022, are eligible.
- Georgia’s children in foster care and children whose parents receive adoption assistance are eligible for the program. However, these children must be enrolled and actively receiving Medicaid benefits on July 31, 2022. Such children will get their funds in February through regular payment methods.
Verify your eligibility
Those who aren’t sure whether they are eligible for this program may confirm their eligibility by following the steps listed below.
- Firstly, you should visit the official website i.e. gateway.ga.gov.
- In the next step, you must navigate to the “Check My Benefits – Case Selection” section.
- Now, a new page will display on your screen. This page will show if you or any other member of your family is eligible or not.
Receiving Cash Assistance Prepaid Card
In case you are eligible then there is no need to apply anywhere to receive these cards. If you have opted to receive email only or email and U.S. mail communications in Gateway (gateway.ga.gov), you will receive your virtual prepaid card by email from [email protected].
On the other hand, those who have opted to receive U.S. mail-only communications will get a physical prepaid card. You should note that each eligible member of the family will get his/ her own card.
Gateway Login Georgia
- You may access your access cash assistance gateway through www.cashassistance.gateway.ga.gov/sign-in.
- In case you don’t remember your user ID or Password then you can click “Forgot user ID/ password” to reset your credentials.
- If you know your login credentials and still can’t sign in then the gateway might be experiencing a high volume of traffic. We recommend you try again after a few minutes.
Allowed Use of Cash Assistance Cards
The cash assistance card can be used anywhere Mastercard debit cards are accepted in the U.S. However, it cannot be used to transfer card balances to Apple Cash, Cash App, or Zelle. Additionally, attempts to purchase money orders or convert a card balance to cash are not allowed.
It is important to note that the card balance cannot be used for any impermissible transactions including gaming, lottery, gambling, adult entertainment, alcohol, tobacco, vaping, or firearm purchase. A few merchants may not allow virtual card payments. However, cardholders may be able to Buy Online and Pick-up In-Store as per availability.
Activate Georgia Cash Assistance Card
Activating your Georgia Cash Assistance Card is the first step to getting the benefits you are eligible for.
- To start the proceedings, you need to log into the Georgia Gateway website.
- Once you are on the homepage, you will see a button labelled “Activate My Card”.
- Click on this button to begin the activation process.
- You will be asked to provide your client ID and date of birth to verify your identity.
- After verifying your identity, you will be prompted to create a PIN for your card.
- This PIN will be used to access your account and make transactions with your card.
- Make sure you choose a PIN that is easy for you to remember but hard for others to guess. Once you have created your PIN, you are ready to start using your card.
Payment Email Deleted
If you have accidentally deleted the payment email then you should look for the same in your account’s junk folder or deleted email folder. The steps for the same depends on the email service you are using like Gmail, Yahoo Mail, etc. Those who are unable to locate the deleted email should call 1-833-907-0683 immediately.
Official Contact Details and Social Media Channels
|Email Address||[email protected]|
Frequently Asked Questions
If your Georgia Cash Assistance Card is lost/ stolen, you should contact the DFCS immediately to report it and request a replacement card.
Yes, you can use your assistance card to make purchases online at participating retailers.
The state of Georgia
It works as a financial assistance for your basis needs.
You may also call on 1-833-907-0683.