After finishing kindergarten (KG), students start to solve some basic math problems in class 1st. The CBSE class 1 Mathematics syllabus 2024-25 comprises of topics based on basic mathematics problems on numbers, addition, subtraction, etc. Both students and teachers should know the syllabus before the starting of an academic session. Teachers can distribute various chapters in the syllabus for the half-yearly or mid-term exam. Questions will be asked from the complete syllabus in the final exam. In this article, you find the latest CBSE Class 1 syllabus 2024 for Mathematics along with all its details.
CBSE 1st Class Mathematics Syllabus 2024-25
The complete CBSE Class 1st Syllabus of Mathematics subject is divided into many chapters and topics. A student should be well-versed with all these topics to secure good marks in the annual exam. The list of all the chapters along with their topics is as follows.
Chapter 1: – 1 Shapes and Space
- Introduction to shapes & Space
- Inside – Outside
- Bigger – Smaller
- Shapes around us
- On-Under Above-Below
- Rolling – Sliding
- Shapes of same sizes
- Review of Shapes and Space
- Sorting according to shapes
Chapter 2: – Numbers from one to nine
- Learn about numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Chapter 3: – Addition
- Counting objects and writing in numbers.
- Addition using pictures
- Addition with carry forward
- Counting numbers from different groups
Chapter 4: – Subtraction
- Introduction to basic subtraction problems.
- Subtraction with/ without borrowing.
- Review of Subtraction
Chapter 5: – Number from Ten to Twenty
- Learn about numbers 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
Chapter 6: – Time
- Morning, evening, afternoon, Day & night
- Reading the clock (Analog and Digital)
- Sequencing activities according to the occurrence
- Understanding which activity takes longer
Chapter 7: – Measurement
- Height: Tall/Short
- Weight: Heavy/Light
- Size: Thin/Thick
Chapter 8: – Numbers form Twenty one to Fifty
- Learning and writing numbers from Twenty one to fifty.
Chapter 9: – Data Handling
- Recognizing and counting shapes
- Grouping names with same number of letters
- Counting letters in a name
Chapter 10: – Patterns
- Studying and understanding patterns
- Learning about sequences
- Understanding what should come next
Chapter 11: – Numbers
- Largest and smallest
- Ascending and descending order
- Understanding number values one, tens, & hundred.
Chapter 12: – Money
- Introduction to money
- Coins/ Notes currently in use in India
- Usage of coins
- Simple addition questions based on money
Chapter 13: – How Many
- Simple problems on counting, addition and subtraction.