India is celebrating the Central Excise Day 2024 on Saturday, February 24. We celebrate Central Excise Day because Central Excise and Salt act was enacted on February 24, 1944.
The Central Board of Excise and Custom (CBEC) commemorates Central Excise Day on February 24 every year, which is observed all across the nation by the Central Board of Excise and Customs. The Salt Act, which had been passed on February 24, 1944 is also commemorated. The Central Excise Day celebrations are organized by the CBEC, which is one of the country’s oldest government organizations. Seminars, workshops, commercial contacts, and cultural activities are organized all across the nation by the Central Excise Officers on this day each year.
The Central Board of Excise and Customs contributes significantly to the nation’s infrastructure, which is recognized by certain government agencies by granting them holiday days. A duty on industrial products is collected by the Central Board of Excise and Customs, and the money is being used to fund education and welfare programs. When it comes to economic growth, the central excise department plays a critical role. CBEC authorities also strive to combat corruption in the manufacturing industry, which is a major concern for the organization.
Central Excise Day 2024 Date
|Central Excise Day
|February 24, 2024
|Central Excise and Salt act
|Got passed on 24 February 1944
Central Excise Day Purpose
This national holiday is also intended to raise awareness of the Central Board of Excise and Customs among the general public about the significance of the organization. There are a variety of activities planned by the organization on this day.
These include seminary and training sessions, academic and social programmes, public awareness campaigns as well as contests and award ceremonies.
Keys points about the CBEC
- It is also the managerial power for its subsidiary institutions, which include the Custom Houses, Central Excise and Service Tax Commission rates, as well as the Central Revenues Control Labs.
- The Customs Act, 1962, the Central Excise Act, 1944, the Customs Tariff Act, 1975, and the Service Tax Act are the primary areas of concern for the board.
- The GST implementation phase will see the activities of the board regulated by the Acts dealing with the implementation of the GST, which will come into force on July 1st of 2017 and will remain in effect for the length of the implementation term.
- The CBEC is responsible for policy development in the areas of customs and central excise taxes, as well as service tax collection and levies.
- In recognition of the establishment of the Central Board of Excise and Customs on February 24, CBEC has celebrated Central Excise Day each year since then. Central Excise Day celebrates the passing of the Salt Act, which was signed into law on February 24, 1944.
Central Excise Day 2024 Wishes
- Hoping a very Joyful Central Excise Day to all of the hardworking workers who work tirelessly day and night to ensure that their responsibilities are carried out to the best of their skills are extended.
- Here on celebration of Central Excise Day, we want to express our gratitude to you for the dedication and hard effort you put into your employment on a daily basis. Happy Central Excise Day, everyone!
- The celebration of Central Excise Day provides an opportunity for all of us to express our gratitude to the many individuals who work tirelessly to support this department. Warm greetings on the occasion of Central Excise Day.
- Central Excise Day is a celebration of the dedication and devotion that the workers of the excise department have to their jobs and to the department. Happy Central Excise Day, everyone!
- We would like to congratulate everyone working in the Central Excise department a very happy Central Excise Day. You are the ones who are in charge of keeping an essential element of the job under control.
- Let us commemorate Central Excise Day by expressing our gratitude to the central excise department and its staff for the excellent work they have performed. Warm greetings on the occasion of Central Excise Day.
- Celebration of Central Excise Day serves as a timely reminder that a robust excise agency is essential for a country’s development. I’d want to wish everyone a very happy Central Excise Day.
Frequently Asked Questions
We celebrate Central Excise Day on February 24.
The Central Excise and Salt act was enacted on February 24, 1944.