Bonds of friendship are wonderful. No matter what life throws at you, your friends will always be there to help, encourage, and guide you. International Friendship Day is the day we commemorate and appreciate our friends’ contributions to our lives all year long.
International Friendship Day is observed annually on the first Sunday in August, which occurs on August 6th in 2023. This special day is also observed in a number of other nations on July 30. In nations such as Malaysia, the United Arab Emirates, India, the United States, and Bangladesh, Friendship Day is observed on the first Sunday in August.
Friendship Day 2023 Overview
|Friendship Day 2023
|Also known as
|International Friendship Day or Friend’s Day
|Friendship Day 2023 Date
|Dates vary in different nations
|Frequency of celebration
Friendship Day History
Friendship Day had first been observed in Paraguay in 1958, initially as an international holiday to promote international friendship. The company, Hallmark Cards, was founded by Joyce Hall in 1930. Hall thought it would be nice to design a day to honor their friendships.
In 1988, the United Nations made the tubby honey-loving bear known as Winnie the Pooh its first Ambassador of Friendship, and on July 30th of 2011, the UN declared July 30th as International Friendship Day.
Details about Father’s day
When it comes to close connections, friendship is by far the most joyful and enjoyable one to have. The experience contributes to the strength of your life. Friendship is different from other relationships in that it is pure and unadulterated, transcending boundaries of race, nationality, nationality, class, and religion.
Friendship is one of the most important aspects of life, since it provides hope, happiness, and plenty in the form of goodwill and abundance. While you can’t express or commemorate your relationship by doing a favor for someone one day, a gesture like that will encourage you to make contact with an old friend who you haven’t seen in a while to reconnect and reignite the love and connection.
Friendship Day 2023 Celebration
Sometimes friends create friendship wristbands and tie them around their friends’ wrists on this day as a gesture of validation, while others just make additional attempts to achieve their friends feel important or to take special precautions of their friends in respective love dialects as a way to commemorate the occasion. With Friendship Day 2023 approaching, make a point of strengthening the connection for both you and your friends through modesty and honesty, forgetting disagreements or hatefulness, or wrong and right, and healing the scars that have been created amongst you and those who you worry about the most.
Information about Mother’s day
Friendship Day 2023 Quotes
- “When you’re in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, damn, that was fun.” (Groucho Marx)
- “What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies.” (Aristotle)
- “Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It’s not something you learn in school. But if you haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven’t learned anything.” (Muhammad Ali)
- “True friendship is like sound health; the value of it is seldom known until it be lost.” (Charles Caleb Colton)
- “If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.” (Joan Powers)
Interesting Facts About Friendship Day 2023
- Friendship Day is otherwise known as International Friendship Day or Friend’s Day.
- Joyce Hall proposed Friendship Day in 1958 in Paraguay.
- Dr. Ramon Artemio Bracho had proposed the idea of celebrating Global Friendship Day on 20 July 1958.
- Further in 2011, the United Nations passed 30 July to be observed as World Friendship Day.
- Friendship Day is observed on 14th February in Mexico, Ecuador, Venezuela, Estonia, Finland, and the Dominican Republic.
- This day is celebrated in 3rd week of April in Singapore and on 16 April in South Africa.
- The celebration of this special day is carried out on June 9 in Ukraine.
- The day is celebrated on first Sunday of August in India, 14 July in Ecuador and Venezuela, 19 July in Pakistan, 23 July in Bolivia, 30 July in Nepal, and on 20 July in Brazil, Argentina, Spain and Uruguay.
On July 30, 2023 except Malaysia, the United Arab Emirates, India, the United States, and Bangladesh, where it is observed on first Sunday of August.
On July 30 and August 6
It is celebrated on first Sunday of August.
First Sunday of August (6 August)