Every year, Mother’s Day is celebrated on second Sunday of May. That means Mother’s Day 2023 will fall on May 14.
The fact that Mother’s Day is celebrated all around the world shows how far-reaching the love, dedication, and care a mother has for her child. Every mother’s love is completely selfless and without condition for her children. Looking into your mother’s eyes is the finest kind of love you can ever know.
Mother’s Day is observed on the second Sunday of May in most nations, although some others commemorate the holiday on other dates depending on their religious views. A mother takes care of you, loves you, provides for you, and indulges you so that you may become a whole human being. There’s no way you can conceive of a life without her. It seems like it’s impossible.
Mother’s Day 2023 Date
|Mother’s Day Date 2023
|Sunday May 14, 2023
|Sunday May 12, 2024
|Sunday May 11, 2025
|Sunday May 10, 2026
|Sunday May 9, 2027
Mother’s Day History
The first U.S. celebration of Mother’s Day was held in 1908 when Anna Jarvis dedicated the occasion to honor her mother, Ann Reese Jarvis, who had died three years before. At memory of her mother, Anna established a Shrine in St. Andrews Methodist Church in West Virginia, which is now a year-round tribute to all mothers.
To celebrate her mother, Anna Jarvis set up the Anna C. Jarvies Foundation, which supports kids in underprivileged situations and provides financial assistance for women who wish to go back to school to better themselves and their families.
Mother’s Day Celebration Around the World
While countries all around the globe commemorate Mother’s Day, customs and traditions differ based on where the person is from. For example, in Thailand, Mother’s Day is usually celebrated on the queen’s birthday in August. Other times, families meet every fall to recite hymns and enjoy a big meal as part of an autumn festival called Antrosht, when people from Ethiopia come together to honour mothers.
Mother’s Day remains to be honored in the United States by giving presents and flowers to moms and other women, and it has turned into one of the largest shopping holidays. Family members often celebrate by giving moms a day off from a variety of domestic tasks, including cooking or laundry.
Some people celebrate Mother’s Day with a political or feminist agenda in mind. In 1968, May, on the second Sunday, Coretta Scott King held a Mother’s Day rally for mothers and children who were living in poverty. Also in the 1970s, women’s organizations utilized the holiday as a platform to bring attention to the fact that women deserved equal rights and the ability to get childcare.
Children on this day are known to host parties; purchase presents, and express their gratitude and love to their moms. In most families, the mother no longer has any tasks, and is left to relax while the entire family takes up responsibilities. Make your mothers feel like queen, even if only for a day.
Check- Important Days worldwide
Mother’s Day 2023 Wishes
- Thank you for always trusting in me and for all you do for me on a daily basis. Have a wonderful Mother’s Day, and remember that you ought to be pampered!
- Please know that you are constantly assisting me in remembering what is essential in life… and now it is you! You’re the greatest of the best!
- Mom, you are the most remarkable lady I have ever known, and you will always be my highest priority. Wishing you a wonderful Mother’s Day!
- I have never encountered a woman who is as elegant, gorgeous, and wonderful as you, and I hope I never do. Mommy, I adore you to the moon and back.
Mother’s Day 2023 Quotes
- “A mother is she who can take the place of all others but whose place no one else can take.” (Cardinal Mermillod)
- “A mother’s love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity. It dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path.” (Agatha Christie)
- “If love is as sweet as a flower, then my mother is that sweet flower of love.” (Stevie Wonder)
- “There is no role in life that is more essential than that of motherhood.” (Elder M. Russell Ballard)
- “All those clichés, those things you hear about having a baby and motherhood all of them are true. And all of them are the most beautiful things you will ever experience.” (Penelope Cruz)
- Mother’s day is celebrated worldwide to honor mothers and motherhood. This special day is observed on second Sunday of May every year.
- You should make your mother feel special not only on Mother’s day but every day.
- Mother’s day is also popular as Mothering Sunday.
- In United States, this day was first observed in 1907 by Anna Jarvis to honor her late mother Ann Jarvis. U.S. President Woodrow Wilson announced Mother’s day a national holiday in 1914.
- Mother’s day is also observed on different dates in different countries like it is observed on Second Sunday of February in Norway.
Frequently Asked Questions
Mother’s day will be observed on second Sunday of May in 2023 i.e. May 14.
Not on this day, you should make your mother feel special every day. No one can explain mother’s contribution to her family and sacrifices in word.
Yes, Mother’s Day celebrated around the world in more than 50 countries.