In honour of the 25th anniversary of Kargil Vijay Divas, the Indian Army is organizing a special event – the Indian Army Quiz 2023. The aim of this prestigious quiz competition is to pay tribute to the heroes of the Kargil War and remember their sacrifice.
The launch event was attended by several guests including Lieutenant General MV Suchindra Kumar, Vice Chief of the Army Staff. They highlighted the importance of fostering a sense of patriotism among the youth. Param Vir Chakra Awardees Subedar Major (Honorary Captain) Yogendra Singh Yadav (Retired) and Subedar Major Sanjay Kumar were also present at the event.
Archana Pande, President of the Army Wives Welfare Association (AWWA), unveiled the logo of this quiz. With a goal to reach out to 1.5 lakh schools across India, this quiz competition will create awareness about the valour of the Indian Army. It will also educate the younger generation about the significance of the Kargil Vijay Divas.
Indian Army Quiz Overview
|Name of the quiz||Indian Army Quiz 2023|
|Official Name||Battle of Minds|
|Launch Date||16th August 2023|
|Participating States||All 36 States and Union Territories|
|Logo Unveiled by||Archana Pande, President of the Army Wives Welfare Association (AWWA)|
Objectives of the Indian Army Quiz
There are three major objectives of this quiz as explained below.
- The main objective of the quiz program is to emphasize pedagogy-based learning at the same time highlighting the Indian Army’s role in nation-building.
- It will also cover the Kargil Victory and the ongoing transformations in the Indian Army.
- The quiz also aims to go beyond testing general awareness and raise awareness about students’ future roles in nation-building.
Rules and Regulations
Through this quiz competition, the Indian army will try to reach the maximum number of students. The rules and regulations are designed in a way to reach out to at least 1.5 crore students in the country.
- Each school willing to participate in the competition needs to form a team of three students along with one reserve member.
- If a school is co-educational then it is mandatory to have at least 1 girl student in the team of three students.
- All participants (students) should fall in the age bracket of 10 to 16.
- All participants must be studying in classes from 6th to 10th.
- The initiative is reaching out to about 150,000 schools in India, representing all districts. Around 15,000 schools are expected to register for the competition. As a result, approximately 150 million students across the country are expected to participate.
Format and Selection Process of the Indian Army Quiz
- The competition will have both online and offline elements.
- It will start at the regional Command level and progress to the Inter-Command stage, ending with the national-level Grand Finale.
- The competition has two stages to thoroughly evaluate the participants’ abilities.
- The first stage is an online elimination round with intellectually challenging questions.
- Those who do well in this round will move on to the second stage, a regional Command-level offline competition.
- This round will lead to the Grand Finale where the most deserving winners will be identified as winners.
Key Elements of the Indian Army Quiz
This quiz by the Indian army is based on the following five principles.
|Inclusivity||This competition is open to all schools where English is a primary or secondary medium of instruction.|
|Equity||To encourage girl child education, all co-educational schools are asked to have at least 1 girl student in the team of three participating students.|
|Fair Play||The entire competition is based on merit. Authorities will also provide tutorials to all students in their journey.|
|Free Registration||There is no registration fee to take part in this competition|
|Attractive Rewards||Many attractive rewards are available including: School Buses for Top 12 SchoolsMore than 360 laptops for both students and accompanying teachers.Prizes worth more than 4 crore rupees to recognize the outstanding performances of schools, teachers, and students.|
Battle of Minds (Indian Army Quiz) Logo
The logo for the Indian Army Quiz represents the spirit and valour of the Indian Army. Some of its specialties are as follows.
- Design – The dynamic design of the logo showcases the lasting sense of unity and discipline in the Indian Army.
- Colour – Maroon colour coupled with bronze represents the strength and unwavering resolve.
- Name – “Battle of Minds” This tagline underscores the triumph, valour, and courage of the Indian Armed Forces.
- Symbols – The logo has a symbol of swords along with the Ashoka pillar. This shows the preparedness, responsibility, and integrity of the Indian Army.
Significance of Kargil Vijay Diwas
The Indian Army launched this quiz on the occasion of Kargil Vijay Diwas. It is indeed one of the most glorious days in the history of the armed forces of India. It is celebrated to commemorate the day when the Indian Army defeated Pakistani Intruders who tried to capture strategic Indian peaks at Kargil.
This special day also encourages us to reflect upon the lessons learned from the Kargil War and recognize the ongoing efforts of our armed forces in maintaining peace and security in the region. By organizing this quiz competition, the Indian Army hopes that youngsters of our country will understand the importance of the supreme sacrifices made by our soldiers during the Kargil War.
Frequently Asked Questions
At Manekshaw Centre in Delhi Cantonment
No, all students need to participate in the event through their schools only.
10 to 16 years
6th to 10th
Three students will participate in the competition and one will be reserved.