Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS) will release the official notification for Balvatika admission. Through this admission process, KVS will offer admission to pre-primary classes in 450 Kendriya Vidyalayas across India. Parents and guardians who want to apply on behalf of their wards need to fill out and submit an online application form.
Before filling out the form, it is important for you to know that the age of a child should be more than 3 years for admission to Balvatika – 1. KVS will follow Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission guidelines to select students for admission.
Highlights of KVS Balvatika Admission
|Management Authority||Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS)|
|Class||Balvatika-I,II, and III|
|Number of schools||450|
|Selection Process||Parent’s Service Priority as per the KVS guidelines|
|Minimum Age||3 years for Balvatika – I 4 years for Balvatika – II 5 years for Balvatika – III|
|Maximum Age||4 years for Balvatika – I 5 years for Balvatika – II 6 years for Balvatika – III|
The tentative schedule based on the previous year’s admission process is given in the following table.
|Main Events||Tentative Dates|
|Releasing of the official notification||1st week of July 2024|
|Starting of online application form submission||1st week of July 2024|
|Last date to submit the application form||3rd week of July 2024|
|Declaration of provisional selection and waitlist of registered candidates||3rd week of July 2024|
|Admission of selected eligible candidates||3rd week of July 2024 to 4th week of July 2024|
|Starting of classes||Last week of July 2024|
Age limit is the only eligibility criteria to apply for Kendriya Vidyalaya Balvatika Admission.
- As of 31st March 2024, the age of a child for admission to Balvatika-I should be 3 to 4 years.
- The age of a child should be 4 years to 5 years for Balvatika – II.
- Similarly, the age of a child must be 5 years to 6 years for Balvatika – III.
The complete application process for KVS Balvatika-3 admission will take place online.
- To start submitting the application, parents/ guardians must visit the official admission website, kvsonlineadmission.kvs.gov.in.
- Next, they must register as first-time users by providing the Name of the child, Date of Birth, Email Address, and Phone Number.
- A login code will be generated after a successful registration.
- Parents may now use this login code to sign into the portal.
- Then, parents must provide the following information in the main application form.
- Basic Details – Child’s name, Date of birth, Whether child of KVS employees, Gender, Family Income Group, EWS/ BPL certificate details, Caste certificate details, and Blood Group.
- Parent Details – Full name of parents, Nationality, Country of residence, City of residence, Residential address, Pincode of residence, Telephone number, Personal mobile number, Personal email address, Occupation, and Organization.
- Choice of Schools – Provide three preferences of KVs – Vidyalaya 1, Vidyalaya 2, and Vidyalaya 3.
- After entering the details, parents must upload the scanned images of the following documents.
- Birth Certificate
- Photo of the child seeking admission
- Finally, check the declaration and submit the application form.
Application Fee – There is no application fee.
Check KV Admission Details
KV Balvatika Admission Preference
The priority for admission depends on the category in which the school falls.
Kendriya Vidyalayas under Civil/Defence Sector
|Category I||Children of transferable and non-transferable central government employees and children of ex-servicemen.|
|Category II||Children of transferable and non-transferable employees of autonomous bodies/public sector undertakings of the Indian Government.|
|Category III||Children of transferable and non-transferable State Government employees|
|Category IV||Children of transferable and non-transferable employees of autonomous bodies/public sector undertakings of the State Government|
|Category V||Children from any other category including children of foreign nationals who are located in India due to their work or for any personal reasons.|
Kendriya Vidyalayas under Public Sector Undertakings (Projects)
|Category I||Children and grandchildren of employees of the Project Sector which are the sponsors of the Vidyalaya, children and grandchildren of retired employees.|
|Category II||Children of transferable and non-transferable central government employees and children of ex-servicemen.|
|Category III||Children of transferable and non-transferable employees of autonomous bodies/public sector undertaking/institute of higher learning of the Indian Government.|
|Category IV||Children of transferable and non-transferable State Government employees.|
|Category V||Children of transferable and non-transferable employees of autonomous bodies/ public sector undertakings/ Institutions of higher learning of the State Governments.|
|Category VI||Children from any other category including the children of foreign nationals who are located in India due to their work or for any personal reasons.|
Distance from the School
- Those students who are applying for admission under any of the following categories must fill out the distance of their home from the school – Differently Abled, SC, ST, OBC (Non-creamy layer), Economically Weaker Section (EWS), and Below Poverty Line (BPL).
- The available options for choosing the distance
- For a Vidyalaya in an Urban region – Less than or equal to 5 km, or More than 5 km.
- For a Vidyalaya in a rural region – Less than or equal to 5 km, or More than 8 km.
Admission and Document Verification
- The school will publish the list of candidates selected for admission on the official website.
- After that, parents need to visit the school along with their wards for document verification.
- The school will verify the documents and grant admission to the selected candidates.
- Here is the list of documents required at the time of admission.
- Original Date Of Birth Certificate Of The Student.
- Original SC/ST/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)/ BPL Certificate (If Only Applicable).
- Single Girl Child Certificate (Only If Applicable).
- Handicapped Certificate (Only If Applicable).
- Service Certificate, Showing Number Of Transfers In Last 7 Years.
- Original Proof Of Residence [(Any One) – Electricity Bill, Owner Affidavit, Prtc, Ration Card / BPL Card
- Distance Declaration From The Kendriya Vidyalaya.
- Aadhar Card Of The Student And Parents.
- Two (2) Passport Size Photographs Of The Student.
- Blood Group Certificate Of The Student
Frequently Asked Questions
No, the application form will be released in online mode only.
3 hours per day on a five-day week basis.
It is similar to the existing Class 1 KV fee structure.
No, the admission is offered into 450 KVs only.