Loreto House located in Kolkata, is widely acclaimed for its unique approach towards education and also focuses on the complete development of its students. It is an all girls’ school and is affiliated to Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (ICSE Board). Admission into the school is generally offered only into the Nursery class. The process of applications begins from the month of August onwards every year with the release of online application form.
Loreto House School Basic Info
Established in the year 1842, the Loreto House is one of the best schools in India. Check below the basic information related to the school at a glance.
|Year of establishment||1842|
|Location||Middleton Row, Kolkata|
|Type of school||Private, all-girls school|
|Head of the school||Mrs. Aruna Cecilia Gomes|
|Medium of instruction||English|
|School timing||7:40 a.m. – 1:40 p.m. for both summer and winter|
|Grades offered||Nursery to class 12|
|Availability of application form||In the month of August|
|Mode of application||Released online|
|Cost of application||Rs. 200/-|
|Important documents||· Proof of age (Municipal Corporation birth certificate, Municipal Corporation and Baptism Certificate for catholic students)
· Family photograph
· Address proof (Aadhaar card, current electricity bill, voter’s identity card, passport)
· Proof of income (salary statements of both parents)
· Hard copy of application form
Many facilities are available at the Loreto House for the smooth conduct of academic and non-academic culture. Check out the major facilities offered by the school below.
- Well-equipped laboratories
- Libraries enriched with books
- Sports ground
- Smart classrooms
- Transport facility
- Literacy center
- Karate and dancing lessons
- Speech and drama classes
Check: Top Schools of Kolkata
For admission to Nursery class, the age of the child as on 31st March of year of admission should be between 4 and 5 years.
Loreto House School Admission Process
- Application form for admission into the Loreto House is released on the official website of the school.
- The application form should be filled only in English and in BLOCK letters.
- A family photograph should also be uploaded on the application form.
- A hard copy of the application form filled correctly should be dropped into the school drop box along with the copies of all the important documents.
- Children whose applications are shortlisted will be invited to attend the interactive sessions. List of such candidates will be uploaded on the website of the school.
- The session should be compulsorily attended by parents and child both.
- Original documents and application fee payment receipt must be carried while reporting to the school for the interactive sessions.
Since it is one of the top schools of Kolkata, every year a large number of applications are received for Loreto House admission. Therefore, it is suggested that the parents submit the application right on time to be considered for admissions.
Loreto House Contact Details
- Address: Loreto House-7, Middleton Row, Pin code: 700 071, Kolkata, India
- Contact No: 033-22293565
- E-mail id:[email protected]
In this post, basic information related to Loreto House has been provided for the keen parents. Although, care has been taken to provide correct information, but in case there is any discrepancy, kindly bring it to our notice through the comment section. Any kind of suggestions and queries are welcomed too.
Also Check: St. Xavier’s Collegiate School