St. James’ School Kolkata was started in the year 1864. It is one of the finest and oldest schools in Kolkata. The school is equipped with all the latest teaching aids and world-class facilities for the students. Affiliated to the ICSE, the school is located at a prime location in Kolkata. The school offers classes from nursery to 12th standard level. Interested parents who are looking to apply on behalf of their children need to submit the application form in offline mode. All the necessary details regarding the St. James’ School Kolkata are provided in this article.
St. James’ School Kolkata Basic Information
The basic information related to the St. James’ School Kolkata is given in the table below
|Year of establishment||1864|
|Type of School||Private only of boys school|
|Board of Affiliation||ICSE|
|Classes offered||Nursery to class 12th|
|Age Limit for nursery admission||3 to 4 years|
|Documents required for nursery admission||· A copy of the birth certificate
· Photocopy of Fee Book (in case brother/ sister studying in the school)
· Photocopy of the school leaving certificate (if father is an ex-student)
· A Photocopy of your son’s Baptism Certificate (Anglo Indian/ CNI/ Christian of other denomination applicants)
|Mode of application||Offline|
|Selection process||Based on interaction with the child and parents|
|Email Address||[email protected]|
St. James’ School Kolkata Admission 2024-25
Due to the immense popularity and reputation of St. James’ School of being one of the best schools in Kolkata, it receives a lot of applications every year regarding the new admissions. Interested parents who want to enroll their child in the school should check out the information related to the admission process given below.
Age limit for nursery Admission
- In order to get admission into the nursery class the age of child should be more than 3 years and less than 4 years.
- The application process of St. James’ School Kolkata is offline.
- Interested parents may download the application form from the official website or collect the same from the school counter.
- In the application form, parents are required to provide their complete educational, personal, and contact details.
- A recent passport size photograph of the candidate and the parents should be pasted on the application.
- Apart from this, parents are also required to mention their categories on the application form.
- Different codes are allotted for the candidates of different categories as given below.
- A1 – Anglo Indians
- A2 – CNI
- A3 – Christian Of Other Denomination
- A4 – Children Of Staff
- B – Brothers / Sisters (St. James’ School, Pratt Memorial School)
- Ex – (Ex Students)
- C– General
- The duly filled application form must be submitted at the school reception before the last date.
- Documents to be submitted with the application form are as follows.
- A copy of the birth certificate
- Photocopy of Fee Book (in case brother/ sister studying in the school)
- Photocopy of the school leaving certificate (if father is an ex-student)
- A Photocopy of your son’s Baptism Certificate (Anglo Indian/ CNI/ Christian of other denomination applicants)
Selection and Admission
- After the application form submission, the school will invite shortlisted candidates for interaction.
- Please note that due to limited number of seats the school will not invite all the candidates for an interaction.
- You should also note that being called for the interaction doesn’t guarantee admission.
- In case the student is selected for admission then parents will be required to pay the necessary admission fee.
- The admission will be finalized only after the payment of admission fee and verification of documents.
Facilities Available at St. James’ School Kolkata
The following facilities are available at the St. James’ School Kolkata
- Big and spacious classrooms
- Physics Lab
- Chemistry Lab
- Biology Lab
- Computer Lab
- Medical facilities
- Basketball court
- Annual Athletic meet
- Transport facilities
- Well-equipped Library
- Activity based learning
- Smart Classes
- Air-conditioned class rooms
- Junior School children including swings, jungle gym, etc
- Assembly hall etc.
One of the main reasons why St. James’ School is counted amongst the top schools in Kolkata is that it gives equal importance co-curricular activities along with academics. This helps in the overall holistic development of a child. The extra-curricular activity clubs of the school are given below.
- Nature Club
- Photography Club
- Chess Club
- Drama Club/ Dramatics
- Maths Club
- The Interact Club
- Quiz Club
- Bible Club
- Music Club
- Film Club
- Science & Space Club
- Aalok Club
- Jagoran Club
- Art Club
- Debate Club
- Swimming Pool
- Computer Club
The timing of the St. James’s School Kolkata is given below.
- Nursery : 8.30 – 11.45 a.m.
- Transition : 7.30 – 12 noon
- Classes I & II : 7.30 – 12.30 p.m.
- Classes III & IV: 7.30 – 1.15 p.m.
- Classes V to X : 7.30 – 1.15 p.m.
- Classes XI & XII: 7.30 – 2:00 p.m.
Contact Details of St. James’ School Kolkata
- Address: 165, Acharya Jagadish Chandra Bose Road, Entally, Kolkata, West Bengal 700014
- Phone Number: +91-33-22841546
- Fax: +91-33-22842788
- Email Address: [email protected]
- Official Website: stjamesschoolkolkata.com
Also check: Loreto House Kolkata
If you have certain questions in your mind please let us know through the comment box below.