Confused, which one is better for your ward- Military School, RIMC, Sainik School or Army Public School? Do you want to uncover the detailed admission procedure and let your ward study in best school of country? Here is the correct analysis of major differences between RMS, RIMC, Sainik School and Army Public School along with a conclusion-which one is better. You may ask your doubts through the comment box below.
Let me start this post by sharing basic info about these schools including Military School, RIMC, Sainik School and Army Public School. Later I’ll highlight few major differences among them.
Rashtriya Military School
About: It was founded as King George’s Royal Indian Military schools with the aim of providing quality education to sons of defence personnel. Later, in 1952, it opened its door for the sons of Defence Service Officers and civilians as well. Further, the school became member of the Indian Public Schools Conference (IPSC) and continues to be the same till date. The school was renamed twice thereafter- first as Military Schools in 1966 and then Rashtriya Military School on 25th Jun 2007.
Area of School Campus
- In Acres: 67 Acres
- Built up area (Sq. mtrs): 15Acres
- Area of playground in sq. mtrs: 35Acres
Facilities: Swimming pool, Indoor games, Dance rooms, Dance rooms, Music rooms, Hostel, health and medical facilities
- For Class VI: The age of candidates should not be less than 10 years and more than 11 years as on 1st July of the year of admission.
- For Class IX: The age of candidates should not be less than 13 years and more than 14 years as on 1st July of the year of admission.
- For Class XI: The age of candidates should not be less than 15 years and more than 16 years as on 1st July of the year of admission.
Admission Procedure: There will be a common entrance test for admission into class VI and IX In December. Admission to class XI will be based upon class X board exam result. There will be no written test for admission to class XI.
Number of RMS: There are only five Rashtriya Military School. And their names are as follows:
About: RIMC Dehradun is a military school for boys and located in Doon Valley, Dehradun, India. It prepares students for National Defence Academy, Indian Naval Academy and the Indian Armed Forces. It was originally called Prince of Wales Royal Indian Military College and inaugurated on 13th March 1922.
Area of School Campus: 138 acres
Facilities: Mess and Dinning Hall for meals, spacious class rooms and well equipped with Smart Classes and laboratories, teacher student ratio of 1:12.5, playgrounds, courts, 10 mtrs Diving Pool, 50 mtrs Olympic size swimming pool, Indoor and Outdoor Shooting and all required facilities for co-curricular activity.
Eligibility Criteria: The school offers entry to class VIII only. The required educational qualification and age criteria are as follows:
- Educational Qualification: At the time of joining, candidates must be studying in class 7 or have passed class 7 from a recognized school.
- Age Criteria: The age of candidates should not be less than 111/2 years and more than 13 years as on 01 (Jan) or 01 (July) of the term they join.
Admission Process: Candidates need to submit application forms to respective state Governments. They are selected based on their performance in an All India Entrance Examination. The exam is conducted twice a year and consists of Mathematics (200 marks), English (125 marks) and General Knowledge (75 marks). Shortlisted candidates would be invited to attend the Viva Voce test of 50 marks.
About: Sainik Schools are English medium residential school holds its affiliation from CBSE. The school makes cadets capable to join the Indian Naval Academy Ezhimala, National Defence Academy Khadakwasla (Pune) and other officer training academies.
Facilities: Modern labs and smart classrooms, wholesome diet, well-equipped hostels, sports facilities for all games including Tennis and Squash, compulsory NCC training, shooting range & firing practice facilities, adventure activities
- For class VI: The age of candidates should be between 10 & 12 years as on 31st March of the year of admission.
- For class IX: The age of candidates should be between 13 & 15 years as on 31st March of the year of admission.
Admission Process: Candidates have to appear in All India Sainik School Entrance Examination (AISSEE) for admission to class VI and IX.
Number of Sainik Schools: At present, there are 31 sainik schools across the country and their names are as follows:
- Sainik School Korukonda
- Sainik School Kalikiri (Ap)
- Sainik School Goalpara
- Sainik School Nalanda
- Sainik School Gopalganj
- Sainik School Ambikapur
- Sainik School Balachadi
- Sainik School Kunjpura
- Sainik School Rewari
- Sainik School Sujanpur Tira
- Sainik School Nagrota
- Sainik School Tilaiya
- Sainik School Bijapur
- Sainik School Kodagu
- Sainik School Kazakoottam
- Sainik School Rewa
- Sainik School Satara
- Sainik School Imphal
- Sainik School Chhingchhip
- Sainik School Punglwa
- Sainik School Bhubaneshwar
- Sainik School Kapurthala
- Sainik School Chittorgarh
- Sainik School Amaravathinagar
- Sainik School Ghorakhal
- Sainik School Purulia
- Sainik School East Siang
- Sainik School Jhunjhunu
- Sainik School Chandrapur
- Sainik School Mainpuri
- Sainik School Jhansi
- Sainik School Sambalpur
- Sainik School Amethi
Army Public School
About: With 137 schools, Army Public School is one of the largest chains of schools across country. Army Welfare Education Society (AWES) controls and regulates overall functionality of Army Public Schools in India and was established in the year 1983.
Facilities: Computer Lab, Library, Basketball Court, Badminton Court, Volleyball Court, Football Ground, Table Tennis Court, Science Laboratory, School Bus, Audio Visual Room With LCD etc.
- For class I: The age of candidates should be 5 years as on 31st March of the year of admission
- For class II to IX: Based on performance in admission test
- For class IX: You need to submit duly attested pass mark sheets and other required documents.
Number of APS: There are 137 army public schools across the country. Name of few prominent schools are:
- Army Public school Dehradun (CT)
- Army Public School Lansdowne
- Army Public School Almora
- Army Public School Hempur
- Army Public School Kaluchak
- Army Public School Miran Sahib
- Army Public School Ratunchak
- Army Public School Samba
- Army Public School Dagshai
- Army Public School Hisar
- Army Public School Delhi Cantt
- Army Public School Dhaula Kuan\
- Army Public School Shankar Vihar
- Army Public School Noida
- Army Public School Beas
- Army Public School Jalandhar
- Army Public School Mamun Cantt
- Army Public School Tibrigurudahpur
- Army Public School Amritsar
- Army Public School Ahmedabad
- Army Public School Jaisalmer
- Army Public School Lucknow (LBS)
- Army Public School Bhopal
- Army Public School Danapur
- Army Public School Pune
- Army Public School Ahmednagar
Difference between Military School, RIMC, Sainik School and Army Public School
Here is a comprehensive analysis of Military School, RIMC, Sainik School and Army Public School:
|Entry level class||Class VI||Class VIII||Class VI||LKG|
|Authority||Govt. of India||Govt. of India||Sainik Schools Society||Army Welfare Education Society|
|Application Cost||Rs 550/-( Rs 275/- in case of SC/ST)||Rs 600/- (Rs 555/- for SC/ST)||Rs 400/-( Rs 250/- in case of SC/ST)||Rs.50/-|
|No. of School||5||1||31||137|
We have shared all basic information about Military School, RIMC, Sainik School and Army Public School. Coming to the question, which one is better- is quite difficult to answer. All these are best schools in country and studying here is proud for any student. So, rather than concentrating on which one is better, focus on eligibility of your ward and apply any of these schools- all are best at their place.