National Testing Agency (NTA) will conduct the All India Sainik School Entrance Exam 2024 or AISSEE 2024. This exam offers admission to class 6th and class 9th in Sainik Schools all over India. Those candidates who want to apply must fill out and submit the application form before the last date.
The application process will take place in online mode only. The admission of candidates will be provided as per the rank secured by candidates in the merit list of AISSEE. There will be different entrance examinations for class 6th and class 9th admission.
This exam is a gateway to one of the most prestigious institutions in the country. Students who aspire to join the armed forces or seek a well-rounded education should consider appearing for this exam. The exam is challenging, but the rewards are immense for those who clear it.
All India Sainik School Entrance Exam 2024 – Overview
|Name of the Exam||All India Sainik School Entrance Exam 2024|
|Exam Conduction Authority||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Examination||Offline (OMR Sheet Based Test)|
|Main Events||Tentative Dates|
|Starting of online application form submission||3rd week of October 2023|
|Last date to submit the application form||Last week of November 2023|
|Last date for the payment of application fee||Last week of November 2023|
|Correction of details filled in the application form||1st week of December 2023|
|Releasing of admit card||1st week of January 2024|
|Date of Examination||2nd week of January 2024|
|Declaration of result||Last week of January 2024|
The eligibility criteria are different for class 6th and class 9th admission
For admission to Class VI
- Age – The age of a candidate should be between 10 and 12 years as on 31 March 2024 for admission to Class VI, i.e. he/she should have been born between 01 April 2012 and 31 March 2014 (both days inclusive) for admission to the academic year 2024-25
- Gender – Both Male and Female students can apply.
For admission to Class IX
- Age – The age of a candidate should be between 13 and 15 years as on 31 March 2024 for admission to Class IX, i.e. he should have been born between 01 April 2009 and 31 March 2011 (both days inclusive) for admission to the academic year 2024-25
- Gender – Only Male students can apply.
- Education – Candidates must have passed class 8th from a recognized school at the time of admission.
Here is a step-by-step guide to help you navigate the AISSEE application process.
- First of all, you need to visit the official website and register by providing basic details such as name, date of birth, email ID, and mobile number.
- A registration number and password will be generated upon successful registration.
- Next, you should log in using the registration number and password.
- Fill in the application form with personal, academic, and contact details.
- Upload a recent passport-sized photograph and signature in the prescribed format.
- Candidates are also required to upload the following documents in the application form.
- Thumb impression
- Domicile certificate
- Date of birth certificate
- Service Certificate in case of wards of Defence personnel/ex-servicemen
- Category certificate
- After submitting the form, you must pay the necessary application fee online.
- Finally, take a printout of the application form submitted for future reference.
The application fees are different for candidates from various categories.
- General/ OBC (NCL)/ Wards of Defence Personnel and ex-servicemen – Rs. 650/-
- SC/ ST – Rs. 500/-
Application Fee – Students may pay the application fee online using methods like a credit card/ debit card/ Internet Banking/ UPI
Check List of Sainik Schools in India
- The AISSEE Admit Card is a critical document that enables students to take the All India Sainik School Entrance Exam.
- The admit card contains essential information such as the student’s name, roll number, exam centre, and timings.
- To download the AISSEE Admit Card, students must visit the official website and enter their application number and date of birth.
- It is important to note that the admit card will not be sent by post or any other means.
- It is advisable to check all the details mentioned on the admit card carefully to avoid any last-minute confusion or inconvenience.
The pattern of the AISSEE is explained below.
- Mode of examination – Offline (OMR Sheet Based Test)
- Number of questions – 125 for class 6th and 150 for class 9th
- Type of questions – Objective type multiple choice questions
- Maximum Marks – 300 for class 6th and 400 for class 9th
- Language of questions – English, Hindi, Tamil, Malayalam, Telugu, Kannada, Marathi, Gujarati, Odiya, Assamese, Punjabi, Bengali, and Urdu. Only English for class 9th question paper
- Negative Marking – There is no negative marking
- Duration of exam – 150 Minutes (for class 6th) and 180 Minutes (for class 9th)
For class 6th
|Topic||Number of questions||Marks for each question||Maximum Marks|
|Total||125 Questions||300 Marks|
For Class 9th
|Topic||Number of questions||Marks for each question||Maximum Marks|
|Total||150 Questions||400 Marks|
The syllabus of AISSEE 2024 for class 6th admission is as follows.
- Mathematics – Natural Numbers, Conversion of Units, LCM and HCF, Roman Numerals, Unitary Method, Types of Angles, Fractions, Circle, Ratio and Proportion, Volume of Cube and Cuboids, Profit and Loss, Prime and Composite Numbers, Simplification, Plane Figures, Average, Decimal Numbers, Percentage, Speed and Time, Area and Perimeter, Operation on Numbers, Simple Interest, Complementary and Supplementary Angles, Line sand Angles, Arranging of Fractions, Temperature.
- Intelligence – Analogies (mathematical & verbal), patterns (spatial and mathematical), classification, visual, logical, reasoning etc.
- English – Comprehension Passage, Confusing Words, Verbs and Type¸ Vocabulary, Article, Types of a sentence, Question Tags, Collective Nouns ¸Idiom and Phrase , Interjection, Adjectives, Synonyms, Sentence Formation, etc.
- Regional Language – This section will be based on topics dealt till Class V.
- General Knowledge – Different Types of Scientific Devices Used in Daily Life, Historical Monuments, Shape of the Earth and Gravitation, Art and Culture, Renowned Personalities, Instrumental and Vocal Music, Sports and Games, Taste and Digestion, Germination and Seed Dispersal, etc.
- The AISSEE result and merit list will be released a few weeks after the exam.
- Students who appeared for the exam can check their results on the official website. The result will include the student’s score and rank.
- The merit list will be prepared based on the student’s performance in the exam.
- Students who make it to the merit list will be eligible for admission to Sainik Schools across the country.
|Category||Percentage of Seats Reserved|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|Other Backward Classes belonging to the Non-Creamy layer (OBCNCL)||27%|
|Wards of defence (Serving personnel of Indian Army/Indian Airforce/ Indian Navy) personnel and ex-servicemen||25%|
|Girls||10% (horizontal reservation)|
- The qualified candidates will be required to apply for e-counselling after the declaration of results.
- In the e-counselling process, candidates will have to apply for Sainik Schools as per their choice.
- It is also mandatory for students to produce all the necessary documents including a medical certificate at the time of e-counselling.
- After the e-counselling, students need to report to the allotted Sainik School to finish up the rest of the admission formalities.
Frequently Asked Questions
They can apply for the class 6th admission only.
Students aged between 10-12 years and 13-15 years can apply for class VI and IX respectively.
The duration of the exam is 2.5 hours for class VI and 3 hours for class IX.
They prepare students for a career in the armed forces by providing them with physical, mental and academic training.