National Parents’ Day 2023 is on Sunday, 23rd July 2023. This is the day to celebrate and recognize the importance of parents. In today’s fast-paced world, It is often observed that we neglect and don’t spend enough time with our mother and father. National Parents’ Day reminds all Americans that what we are today is due to countless sacrifices by our parents.
On this day, a large number of local committees organize hundreds of events throughout the US. All these events aim to appreciate the role of parents in building a strong and stable society. Our parents always support us in life. Be it a personal challenge or a career problem, parents always stand by us. Check this post to get all the relevant info regarding National Parents’ Day.
National Parents Day Date in 2023
Every Year, National Parents Day is celebrated on the 4th Sunday of July. This year, National Parents’ Day will fall on 23rd July 2023.
|Name of the day||National Parents Day|
|Date||23rd July 2023 (Every 4th Sunday of July)|
|Authority recognizing the day||United States Congress|
It is important to remember the sacrifices parents make for their children. It is easy to forget how much work and energy it takes to raise a child, but it is a responsibility that is worth it in the end.
Check Global Day of Parents
History and Significance
The idea for National Parents’ Day originated in the early 1990s. There were demands from throughout the US that there should be a day dedicated to the parents.
The “Parents’ Day Resolution” was unanimously approved by Congress in 1994, making the fourth Sunday in July a day of commemoration.
In August 1994, Rep. Dan Burton, an Indiana Republican, and Rep. Floyd H. Flake, a New York Democrat, along with 16 other original co-sponsors, filed bipartisan legislation to establish Parents’ Day in the House.
The draft was approved by the House on September 30 and the Senate on October 4, with 223 cosponsors. On October 14, 1994, President Bill Clinton signed the bill, which is now Public Law number 103-362 in the United States. Since then, it has been celebrated annually on the fourth Sunday of July.
Celebration Ideas for National Parents’ Day
Here are some ideas to celebrate National Parents’ Day and make it a memorable one.
- Surprise Party for Parents – One of the best ways to show your love and appreciation for your parents is by organizing a surprise party. Give a call to gather all of their friends and family members to make them feel special.
- Plan an outdoor activity – You can also plan an outdoor activity such as a picnic in the park or a barbecue in the backyard. If you want to make it extra special for your parents, you may arrange an unforgettable experience like going on a hot air balloon ride or visiting an amusement park.
- A Gift to Remember – You can give them something meaningful such as personalized gifts, handmade cards, or framed photos that capture special memories together.
- Cook their favorite Meal – Another unique way to celebrate this special occasion is by cooking a delicious meal for your parents. Believe us, they are going to love your efforts.
Check other Special Days in the month of July
Parents of the Year Award
Every year, the Universal Peace Federation sponsors the Parents of the Year award. This award is given to parents who show exemplary parental love, dedication, and commitment to their families.
The award ceremony takes place in Washington D.C. on National Parents Day. The federation sent ceremony invitations to the state nominees for the award, members of congress, and other dignitaries. Here is the list of last year’s awardees.
- National Parents of the Year – Mr. Edward & Mrs. Sharon Polk (Ashburn, VA)
- Faith Parents of the Year – Mr. Raeese & Mrs. Aisha Khan (Catonsville, MD)
- Parents of Outstanding Sacrifice – Mr. Heen Banda Weerasinghe Mudiyanselage & Mrs. Priyanthi Kanakaratna (Rockville, MD)
Read about International Grandparents Day
Value of Parents in our lives
Parents are the most important people in our lives. They are responsible for our physical and emotional health, as well as our financial security. That is why it is essential to respect and value them. Parents provide us with unconditional love, guidance and support.
They give us the tools to become strong, independent adults and teach us how to be responsible, resilient and kind. They are our primary role models and their example is one that we should follow.
Respect for parents is an important part of honoring our elders and showing appreciation for the sacrifices they make to ensure our well-being. We should always take the time to express our gratitude and love to them and show them how important they are in our lives.
Happy National Parents Day Wishes and Quotes
Let your parents know how much you value them through a special message expressing your gratitude, love, and admiration. With these thoughtful quotes, you can make your parents’ day more special and memorable.
- Until we have children of our own, we never truly understand the love of a parent.
- The job of parenting lasts a lifetime and does not end when children grow up.
- I’m grateful to you both for making my life so wonderful. Happy National Parents’ Day
- You have always motivated and inspired me. I love you, mom and dad,
Frequently Asked Questions
US President Bill Clinton made this day official by signing a law in 1994.
#ParentsDay2023, #NationalParentsDay2023, #Parenting
Mr. Edward & Mrs. Sharon Polk
No, they both are different days.
All the information in this post is correct to the best of our knowledge. If you think any of the details are not correct then please let us know through the comment. We will fix it as soon as possible. Thank You!