Nikshay Poshan Yojana is a direct benefit transfer scheme launched by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi to provide incentives to TB patients. For proper treatment of tuberculosis, merely medication is not enough and a healthy dietary plan is required as well. To help TB patients get enough nutritional support, the scheme provides a financial incentive of Rs. 500/- per month for each notified TB patient for the duration of treatment. The Nikshay Poshan Yojana is a centrally sponsored scheme under National Health Mission (NHM) and all notified TB patients are beneficiaries of the scheme. Let us learn in detail about the Nikshay Poshan Yojana 2023.
Objective & Benefits of Nikshay Poshan Yojana
- The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India announced the scheme for incentives for nutritional support to TB patients.
- The scheme called “Nikshay Poshan Yojana” was launched in April 2018 and offers incentive to both new and existing patients of tuberculosis.
- For existing patients on treatment incentives shall be provided for the period of remaining treatment given that the treatment period of more than one month is remaining.
- Also, existing patients will be entitled to receive incentives only for full months of remaining period of treatment and partial months will be dropped.
- The incentive of Nikshay Poshan Yojana is distributed in Rs. 500 cash (only via DBT preferably through Aadhaar enabled bank accounts) or in-kind. For in-kind incentive, the total value of the food basket being distributed is equivalent to Rs. 500 per month.
- This scheme is implemented across all States and Union Territories in India.
Schedule for Incentive Payments
Creation of beneficiary list and payment of incentive will be done as per the following schedule:
|Preparation of beneficiary list||1st of every month|
|Checking of beneficiary details||3rd of every month|
|Approval of beneficiary list with details||5th of every month|
|Processing of payments||7th of every month|
Nikshay Poshan Yojana Eligibility
All TB patients notified on or after 1st April 2018 and all existing patients undergoing TB treatment are eligible to receive incentives under Nikshay Poshan Yojana. The only requirement is that the patient must be registered on the NIKSHAY portal.
How to register for Nikshay Poshan Yojana?
Individuals can very easily register themselves for the scheme to take advantage of the Nikshay Poshan Yojana. To register themselves, TB patients can reach their public health center where they are being treated and ask them to register under Nikshay Poshan Yojana. Those who have not begun the treatment yet will have to register as new patient by visiting any nearby Nikshay health facility.
Scheme for Incentive Payment
The following arrangement has been made for transfer of incentive under Nikshay Poshan Yojana:
|Particulars||Type of patient|
|New||Previously treated||Drug resistant TB|
|Usual duration of treatment||6 months||8 months||24 months (9-12 months for shorter regimens)|
|First incentive||On notification||On notification||On notification|
|Second incentive||@ 2 months on End of IP follow-up result||@ 3 months on End of IP follow-up result||@ 2 months on End of IP follow-up result|
|Third incentive||@ 6 months on End of IP follow-up result||@ 5 months on End of IP follow-up result||@ 4 months on End of IP follow-up result|
|Fourth incentive||———||@ 8 months on End of IP follow-up result||@ 6 months on End of IP follow-up result|
|Subsequent incentive||———||———||@ Every two months till end of treatment|
|Exception handling||For each extension of treatment Rs. 1000/- for two months or if extension is only for one month then @ Rs. 500/- pm||For each extension of treatment Rs. 1000/- for two months or if extension is only for one month then @ Rs. 500/- pm||For each extension of treatment Rs. 1000/- for two months or if extension is only for one month then @ Rs. 500/- pm|
Nikshay Poshan Yojana Health Facility Registration
New health facilities can register themselves under Nikshay Poshan Yojana by visiting the official website of Nikshay www.nikshay.in. The steps for Nikshay Poshan Yojana registration 2023 are provided below.
- Visit the website www.nikshay.in and click on New Health Facility Registration tab.
- The New Health Facility Registration form will appear on the screen.
- In this form, you will be required to enter the following information- Facility Level, State, District, TU, Facility Name, Contact Person Name, Contact Person Designation, Government Registration No., Mobile Number, Email id and Address.
- Check mark those services that are available at your health facility (Microscopy Service, Trunat Lab, CBNAAT Lab, X-Ray, ICTC/FICTC/HIV Screening/Confirmation Facility, etc).
- After providing all the details, check the verification captcha and click on the Continue button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions step by step to complete your registration process.
- You will be asked to provide a username and created a password for all further logins.
- After the registration completes, you can login to your account and check that you are now registered as a health facility on Nikshay Poshan Yojana.
How to login as Nikshay Health Facility?
The health facilities who have registered under the Nikshay Poshan Yojana can log in to access their Nikshay account. Steps for the following are provided below:
- Visit the website www.nikshay.in and click on Login button.
- A login page will appear on the screen asking you to provide your username and password.
- Enter these details carefully and click on the Login button. Your Nikshay account will appear on the screen.
Alternatively, you can also download Nikshay mobile app to log in to your account.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, every registered TB patient will be given the benefit of Nikshay Poshan Yojana. However, for receiving the incentive under the scheme, separate bank accounts would be required.
For patients, who do not have a bank account or Aadhaar number, their new accounts will be opened under Jan Dhan Yojna and they will also be enrolled for Aadhaar. The process will be facilitated by the health staff itself. For pediatric patients, the money will be deposited in parents/ guardians accounts whose details are to be entered in Nikshay against the patient’s records.
The Nikshay Poshan Yojana started on 1st April 2018 and has more than 13 lakhs registered patients since then.