The Oak Grove School was started during the British Raj by the East India and north–western railways and has now become a residential public school currently owned and run by Indian railways. The school is located on the oak grove estate and was therefore named Oak grove school. Oak Grove has a glorious tradition of 132 years and has also transformed itself to an institution of modern times. Oak grove is one of the best government boarding schools of India in 2023 that offers admission to students in grade 3 onward. Find more details about Oak Grove School admission 2023-24 here from this article.
Basic Details of Oak Grove School
Check out some basic information related to the Oak Grove School:
|Year of Establishment||1888|
|Type of school||Government, co-ed school|
|Campus size||256 acres|
|Grades offered||Class 3 to Class 12|
|No. of students||600|
|No. of faculty||45|
|Medium of instruction||English|
|Contact address||Oak Grove School, Jharipani P.O., Mussoorie Hills, District Dehradun – 248 179, Uttarakhand, India|
|Email address||[email protected]|
Oak Grove School Admission Process
- Students seeking admission to Oak Grove school can fill and submit an online application form along with the application fee.
- Generally, admission is offered only in class 3 which is entry level to the school. For higher classes, admission is subject to vacancy of seats.
- Admission is given to the candidates on the basis of their performance in an entrance test (pen and paper based).
- The aim of the admission test is to assess the aptitude of the child in Mathematics, English and General Knowledge.
- Questions in the test is based on one class lower than in which admission is sought.
- Shortlisted candidates will then be called for interview/ activity test after which they be offered final admission.
The following documents are required at the time of admission to complete the enrolment process:
- Date of birth certificate issued by Municipal Corporation or equivalent
- Aadhar number
- Original transfer certificate, countersigned by District Education Officer
- Student’s record form, duly filled
- Employee certificate, duly filled (for railway employees only)
Oak Grove School Eligibility Criteria
Check below age-wise eligibility criteria for the Oak Grove School admission 2023:
- Class 3: The minimum and maximum age of the candidates as on 31st March 2023 should be 7 and 9 years respectively.
- Class 4: The minimum and maximum age of the candidates as on 31st March 2023 should be 8 and 10 years respectively.
- Class 5: The minimum and maximum age of the candidates as on 31st March 2023 should be 9 and 10 years respectively.
- Class 6: The minimum and maximum age of the candidates as on 31st March 2023 should be 10 and 11 years respectively.
- Class 7: The minimum and maximum age of the candidates as on 31st March 2023 should be 11 and 12 years respectively.
- Class 8: The minimum and maximum age of the candidates as on 31st March 2023 should be 12 and 13 years respectively.
- Class 9: The minimum and maximum age of the candidates as on 31st March 2023 should be 13 and 14 years respectively.
- Class 11: There is no restriction of age limit but the candidate should pass class 10th exam to be eligible for class 11 admission.
Note: Admissions are generally not granted in class 10 and 12.
Online Application Process
- Application form for admission can be obtained from the school’s website www.oakgroveiharipani.in.
- After providing details of the class in which admission is sought and date of birth of the child, application form will appear on the screen.
- Parents can fill the form by providing details related to their ward and uploading the required documents.
- Photograph and signature of the candidate along with the signature of the father/ mother or legal guardian should be uploaded in the form.
- An application number will be generated after the application form is submitted successfully.
- Next step will be the payment of application fee after which the application process will conclude.
- The application fee is Rs. 1500 and there is a late fee of Rs. 1000 if payment is done at a later date.
Oak Grove School Fee Structure
The table below presents the fee structure for Oak Grove School. The given structure is provisional and is liable to be revised at any time without notice.
|Category||Wards of Railway Employees||Wards of Non Railway Parents||Wards of Oak Grove School Staff|
|Tuition Fee||Rs. 12000||Rs. 60000||Rs. 4000|
|Boarding Charges||Rs. 24000||Rs. 86000||Rs. 8000|
|Development Fee||Rs. 10000||Rs. 10000||Rs. 2000|
|Computer Fee||Rs. 4000||Rs. 4000||Rs. 2000|
|Sundry Charges||Rs. 20000||Rs. 20000||Rs. 4000|
|Total||Rs. 70000||Rs. 180000||Rs. 20000|
Facilities available at Oak Grove School
Check out the major facilities provided by the Oak Grove School to its students:
- Assembly hall
- Smart classrooms
- Study rooms
- Science labs
- Computer labs
- Language labs
- Games & sports
- Excursion & educational tours
- Kitchen facilities
Oak Grove School Contact Details
Contact address: Oak Grove School, Jharipani P.O., Mussoorie Hills, District Dehradun – 248179, Uttarakhand, India
Phone number: +91-0135-2630200
Email address: [email protected]
Official website: oakgrovejharipani.in
Frequently Asked Questions
A list of students appearing for the admission test along with their admit card is made available on the official website of school.
No, the application form is only released online.
For any assistance, parents are requested to contact school’s office between 7 am to 5:30 pm at 0735-2630200 or email at [email protected].
Important details related to the Oak Grove School are provided in this post. Total care has been taken to make sure that you only get correct details about the school. Still, if you find any discrepancy in the details, let us know in the comment section below.