The PGA Championship is one of the biggest events in professional golf bringing together the best golfers from around the world for a chance to compete against each other. The tournament has a rich history dating back to 1916 and has grown in popularity over the years to become one of the most prestigious events in the sport. The 2024 PGA Championship promises to be another exciting event, with the Valhalla Golf Club in Louisville, Kentucky playing host to the tournament.
This will be the fourth time that Valhalla has hosted the PGA Championship with previous tournaments held in 1996, 2000, and 2014. Known for its challenging course layout and picturesque scenery, Valhalla is sure to provide an excellent backdrop for the world’s top golfers to compete in. With the tournament just a year away, golf fans around the world are eagerly anticipating the chance to watch their favorite players battle it out on one of the sport’s biggest stages.
PGA Championship 2024 Overview
|Name of the tournament||PGA Championship|
|Another Name||US PGA Championship or USPGA|
|Location||Valhalla Golf Club|
|Month Played||May 2024|
|Organizer||PGA of America|
PGA Championship Dates 2024
The PGA Championship 2024 is scheduled to take place from May 13th to May 19th, 2024. This event is one of the four major golf tournaments and is organized by the Professional Golfers’ Association of America.
|13th May 2024||Monday|
|14th May 2024||Tuesday|
|15th May 2024||Wednesday|
|16th May 2024||Thursday|
|17th May 2024||Friday|
|18th May 2024||Saturday|
|19th May 2024||Sunday|
US PGA Ticket Registry
In 2024, tickets for the event will be sold exclusively through an online ticket registration process. This process is free and requires no obligation to purchase tickets. By participating in this process, fans are able to secure their place in line for the opportunity to purchase tickets when they go on sale in June-July 2023.
The online ticket registration process is a first come, first served system. This means that fans who register early will have a better chance of securing tickets to the event. The process is simple and can be completed quickly and easily online. Fans are encouraged to register as soon as possible to ensure their place in line for the opportunity to purchase tickets to the 2024 PGA Championship.
|Note: There is a limit for one registration per visitor, email address, and entity. So, you can’t register more than once.|
- The PGA Championship ticket registration will start in June/July 2023.
- Non-registered users can also get tickets only if seats remain vacant.
- The confirmation of ticket registration will be sent by the official email address [email protected].
- It is important to note that tickets can be transferred to another person. So, you can give your ticket to someone else. Tickets will be scanned at the entry gates.
- No same-day re-entry is permitted.
PGA Championship Trophy
The Wanamaker Trophy is the prize awarded to the winner of the PGA Championship. The trophy was first presented in 1916 by department store magnate Rodman Wanamaker, who was also a prominent figure in the early development of professional golf in the United States. The trophy stands nearly two feet tall and weighs 27 pounds, and is made of sterling silver.
The names of all past winners of the PGA Championship are engraved on the trophy. There is an interesting story behind this trophy. The trophy was lost for a few years until it showed up in the 1930s. The champion gets to keep the trophy for one year.
PGA Championship 2024 Volunteer
The PGA Championship 2024 Volunteer registration has officially opened. This is an excellent opportunity for golf enthusiasts to get involved in one of the biggest golf events in the world. Volunteers will have the chance to work alongside professionals, gain valuable experience and meet new people.
Volunteers will be responsible for a variety of tasks including crowd control, transportation, and hospitality. They will also have the opportunity to work in areas such as the media centre, merchandise tent, and player services. The PGA Championship is a major event, and volunteers will be an integral part of making it a success.
Volunteering for the PGA Championship is a unique and rewarding experience. It is an opportunity to be part of something special and contribute to the success of the event. If you are interested in volunteering, registration is now open, and we encourage you to sign up as soon as possible.
10 Amazing Facts about PGA Championship
- The PGA Championship is one of the four major championships in men’s golf, alongside the Masters, the U.S. Open, and the Open Championship.
- The first PGA Championship was held in 1916 at Siwanoy Country Club in Bronxville, New York.
- The tournament was initially a match-play event but was changed to a stroke-play format in 1958.
- Jack Nicklaus holds the record for most PGA Championship victories with five wins.
- The youngest winner of the PGA Championship was Gene Sarazen, who won in 1922 at the age of 20.
- The oldest winner of the PGA Championship was Phil Mickelson who won at the age of 50.
- Rory Mcllroy holds the record for the largest margin of victory in the PGA Championship, winning by eight strokes.
- In 1991, John Daly won the tournament as an alternate, only finding out he would be playing two days before the start of the tournament.
- The first tournament was won by Jim Barnes.
Frequently Asked Questions
The PGA Championship 2024 will take place on May 13-19, 2024, at Valhalla Golf Club in Louisville, Kentucky.
Yes, the PGA Championship 2024 will be televised on various networks.
The PGA Championship uses a stroke play format with a field of more than 150 players. The player with the lowest number of strokes at the end of the tournament is the winner.
The PGA Championship is open to all professional golfers who meet certain qualifications.