Television screens nowadays are flooded with talk shows but there are some of these shows that have ruled the hearts of audiences. There are many other popular talk shows whose their hosts have garnered a huge amount of fame as well as wealth thanks to their talent. This article presents a list of top 10 richest TV hosts in the world 2024. One interesting thing common is these hosts are that they are all from United States.
Top 10 Richest TV Hosts in the World 2024
Do you know about the top 10 riches TV hosts in the world? Check below their latest net worth:
|The Oprah Winfrey Show
|The Ellen DeGeneres Show
|Dr. Phil McGraw
|The Jay Leno Show & others
|Live with Kelly and Ryan & others
|The Late Show with David Letterman
|The Sean Hannity Show
|The Tyra Banks Show
World’s 10 Richest TV Hosts
Now that you know the world’s richest TV Hosts, their net worth, nationality, etc, let us learn a little bit more about them in detail.
Oprah Winfrey Net Worth: $2.8 billion
- Best known as the host of the talk show, The Oprah Winfrey Show is also a television producer, actress, author and philanthropist.
- Also known as the Queen of All Media she was the richest African-American of the 20th century and is the only billionaire talk show host till date.
- Winfrey has won 18 Daytime Emmy Awards, two Primetime Emmy Awards for her talk shows and many others for her philanthropic activities.
- She ranked 10 in the Forbes list of America’s Self-Made Women 2022 and was also included in their list of Billionaires 2022 at rank 1196.
Ellen DeGeneres Net Worth: $500 million
- Ellen DeGeneres was the host of Emmy-winning talk show The Ellen DeGeneres Show which recently hosted its last episode in June 2022.
- Other than this, she has hosted the Academy Awards, Grammy Awards and Primetime Emmys as well.
- She has been named Funniest Person in America in 1982, Entertainer of the Year in 1997 and has won the Best Female Club Standup Comedy Awards 1991.
- With a net worth of around 500 million dollars, Ellen DeGeneres is ranked second among the top 10 richest TV hosts in the world 2024.
Dr. Phil McGraw
Dr. Phil McGraw Net Worth : $460 million
- Phillip Calvin McGraw, better known as Dr. Phil, hosts one of the most-watched syndicated talk shows on television Dr. Phil.
- He rose to fame after he was invited to The Oprah Winfrey Show after his legal consulting firm CSI helped Winfrey win Amarillo Texas beef trial.
- She helped him launch his own talk show, Dr. Phil, which soon became one of the most loved talk show in America.
- Phil McGraw holds a doctorate in clinical psychology and was included in the Forbes list of Celebrity 100 in 2020 ranking at number 22.
Jay Leno Net Worth $450 million
- Jay Leno is the host of numerous popular talk show including The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, Jay Leno’s Garage, The Jay Leno Show and You Bet Your Life.
- He is well known for his extensive collection of luxurious cars and writes a regular column in Popular Mechanics offering automotive advice.
- Leno began his career in night clubs, where he worked 300 nights a year before making it big with his own late-night talk show, The Tonight Show with Jay Leno.
- A major philanthropist Leno and his wife Mavis, has donated around $500,000 to various charitable organizations.
Ryan Seacrest Net Worth: $450 million
- Apart from being the co-host of Live with Kelly and Ryan, Ryan Seacrest is the host of top shows like American Idol, American Top 40 and On Air with Ryan Seacrest.
- For his memorable performance as TV host, he has been nominated multiple times for Emmy awards.
- In 2014, Ryan launched his own menswear line Ryan Seacrest Distinction with Macy’s and also sells skincare line Polished for Men.
- Seacrest makes over $10 million for the daily gabfest and collects a similar fee for hosting American Idol making him one of the highly-paid TV hosts.
Judy Sheindlin Net Worth : $440 million
- Former prosecutor and Manhattan family court judge, Judith Sheindlin is widely known for her television show Judge Judy which aired till 2021.
- Apart from hosting Judge Judy, she also created successful series “Hot Bench” and remains a producer for the show.
- She was featured in the Forbes list of America’s Self-Made Women in 2022 and is placed at ranking 59.
- With an estimated net worth of over 440 million dollars, Judy Sheindlin is included in this list of top 10 richest TV hosts in the world 2024.
David Letterman Net worth $400 million
- For 33 years, David Letterman has hosted the popular late night television talk show Late Night with David Letterman which aired till 2015.
- Before becoming host of the show, Letterman has worked as a stock boy, a weatherman and a TV announcer.
- He also owns the production company, Worldwide Pants Incorporated and co-owns an auto racing team Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing.
- Letterman has donated millions of dollars through his foundation The Letterman Foundation for Courtesy and Grooming and other nonprofit organizations.
Sean Hannity Net Worth $250 million
- Sean Hannity is an American talk show host, known for The Sean Hannity Show, which airs on iHeart network every weekday, from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. ET.
- He also hosts a commentary program, Hannity, on Fox News, since 2009 and has earlier co-hosted Hannity & Colmes on the network as well.
- Banking $25 million each year from Fox he is the highest-paid star on the network and also one of the wealthiest TV show hosts of all time.
- Hannity is the recipient of Marconi Award in 2003 and 2007 and was included in the Forbes list of Celebrity 100 in 2020.
Steve Harvey Net Worth: $200 million
- Started his career as a comedian, Steve Harvey has established himself as a renowned TV show host over years.
- He is the host of Family Feud, The Steve Harvey Morning Show, the Miss Universe competition, Celebrity Family Feud and Family Feud Africa.
- Harvey has been presented with numerous accolades including seven Daytime Emmy Awards, two Marconi Awards and 14 NAACP Image Awards.
- Along with his wife Marjorie, he has founded The Steve and Marjorie Harvey Foundation, a nonprofit organization focused on youth education.
Tyra Banks Net Worth: $100 million
- Known popularly as BanX, Tyra Banks is a model, writer and television show host known for The Tyra Banks Show.
- Banks is the first African-American woman to be featured on the covers of celebrated magazines Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue and GQ.
- For her show, she has on two Daytime Emmy awards and has been repeatedly ranked among the world’s most influential people by Time magazine.
- Also a popular actress, Tyra Banks has also appeared in quite a few movies, television series and music videos.
Also check: Top Richest Women in the word
On an average, $106,864 a year.