Delhi Nursery 2023 admission process for enrolment to Private Unaided Recognized Schools of Delhi will begin in December 2022.For EWS/ DG category candidates, the process is expected to begin in January 2023. Open category candidates can apply either through online or offline mode but for EWS/ DG category candidates application form will only available online. Point based selected process will be followed for open category candidates and draw of lots will be conducted for category candidates. Check out complete details related to Delhi Nursery Admission 2023 here from this article.
Delhi Nursery Admission 2023 Important Dates 2023
Check out the tentative schedule for Delhi Nursery 2023 admission for open seats in privateschools:
|Uploading of criteria by schools for admission||2ndweek of December 2022|
|Beginning of admission process||2ndweek of December 2022|
|Last date to submit application form||1stweek of January 2023|
|Uploading details of children who submit their application form by the school||3rdweek of January 2023|
|Uploading marks obtained by the candidates in point system||4thweek of January 2023
|Release of first list of selected candidates||1st week of February 2023|
|Resolution of issues regarding allotment of points||1stweek of February 2023|
|Last date for resolution of issues||2ndweek of February 2023|
|Release of second list of selected candidates||3rdweek of February 2023|
|Resolution of issues regarding allotment of points||3rdweek of February 2023|
|Last date for resolution of issues||4thweek of February 2023|
|Release of subsequent list of selected candidates||3rdweek of March 2023|
|Closing of admission process||Last week of March 2023|
Here is the schedule for admission of EWS/ DG category candidates:
|Release of official notification||1stweek of January 2023|
|Beginning of admission process||2nd week of April 2023|
|Last date to submit application form||4thweek of April 2023|
|Computerized draw of lots for selection of students||Last week of April 2023|
- 25% seats in private schools are reserved for EWS category candidates and 3% for children with special needs (CWSN)
- Multiple applications filed by any individual applicant shall lead to cancellation of candidature of the applicant, even after succeeding in the draw of lots for admission.
- A monitoring Cell will be set up in each district to redress the queries and grievances related to online application of EWS/DG & Children with Disabilities candidates.
- Make note that schools cannot force parents to buy highly priced prospectus.
Delhi Nursery Admission 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Check out the age-wise eligibility criteria for admission to Delhi Nursery schools:
For open category candidates:
- The age of a child as on 31st March 2023 should be more than 3 years but less than 4 years.
For EWS/ DG candidates (except PWD):
- The age of a child as on 31st March 2023 should be more than 3 years but less than 5 years.
For PWD candidates:
- The age of a child as on 31st March 2023 should be more than 3 years but less than 9 years.
Delhi Nursery 2023 Application Form
The application form for Delhi Nursery admission 2023 is releasing on December 2022. Most schools will sell admission forms in online mode. However, it can also be purchased from the school premises directly. The application form for EWS/ DG category will be released only on the official website of Delhi Government (DOE) www.edustud.nic.in.
Steps for Registration
- Registration form opens up. Fill in mandatory fields marked with red asterisks. Details like class, gender, date of birth, mobile number, etc. will be asked
- Click on Register button. After clicking on this button, fields cannot be edited.
- After clicking on Register button, a pop up message box will be displayed “You cannot edit the information after registration. Are you sure you want to register?”
- Click Ok button for registration or Cancel button, if you want to make some correction in the registration page.
- After registration, screen containing registration number/ login ID and password will appear.
- You will also receive an SMS on your registered Mobile Number. Keep this for future reference.
Steps for Application
- Tap “Click here to login” button or click the link “Login if already registered” on the home page for filling the application form.
- Enter your Login ID & Password and click on the Login Button.
- A page will open with information already filled at the time of registration which cannot be edited.
- Fill in mandatory fields marked with red asterisks.
- Carefully fill parents/ guardian details, residential address, locality, sub‐locality of your residence through drop-down menu. If you do not find the sub‐locality in which your residence is located, then select the nearest sub‐
- Once all fields are filled, click on Preview button and carefully read all information. If you want to make any changes click on Back button. Else, click on Submit button.
- On clicking the Submit button, a screen will appear with message “You cannot edit the information after submission. Are you sure you want to submit the application?”
- Click Ok button for going to the next step. Click Cancel if you still want to make some changes.
- Once Ok button is clicked, a message will appear on the screen “Information has been successfully submitted.
- Go to Choice of Schools 0‐1 Km tab and the list of schools will be displayed. Click Add button to give priority to the schools.
- After completing your priorities, click on Submit button. A message will appear on the screen “Information successfully submitted. If you want to edit the choice of schools then go back to previous step, otherwise go to next step”.
- In the next steps, schools within 1‐3 kms, 3‐6 kms and above 6 kms will appear for addition. After completing these steps, click on Final Submission & Print button.
- A page with the entire application form with filled in details will open. If you are okay with priority assigned to schools, tick mark accepting the declaration statement & click button.
- After final submission, a page will appear with message “You cannot change the choice of schools after final submission. Are you sure you want to submit the application?”
- If you are okay with the priorities assigned to the schools click on Ok button. If not, click Cancel buttonto make changes.
- At last, a page will appear with option of Print button. Take Printout of application form for your future reference.
The application form will be available at schools at a fee of Rs. 25/- till the deadline of registration.
Required Documents for Delhi Nursery Admission 2023
The following documents will be required for admission to Delhi school nursery classes:
- Passport sized photograph of child
- Passport size photograph of Mother’s/ Father’s/ Guardian’s
- Family photograph (father, mother and child)
- Address proof
- Child’s Aadhaar card
- Child’s birth certificate
Delhi Nursery 2023 Selection Process
- Candidates under open category will be selected for admission on the basis of point system.
- Points will be allotted to the candidates on the basis of various criteria as decided by the schools.
- A Computerized Lottery System will be conducted for the selection of candidates falling under EWS/ DG category.
Delhi Nursery 2023 Result & Admission
- The school will upload the list of selected students on their official website or on the notice board.
- For category candidates, result will be uploaded on the website of DOE.
- Using details such as registration number and date of birth of a child, parents can check the result.
- Selected students should report to the school with their documents in original for verification. After successful verification, admission of candidates will be confirmed.
Selection criteria of some of the top schools in Delhi is given below.
- Distance – 50 points
- Siblings – 20 points
- Alumni Parent – 10 points
- Firstborn – 20 points
- Distance – 50 points
- Alumni parent – 10 points
- Firstborn – 10 points
- Staff – 10 points
- Distance – 40 points
- Sibling – 30 points
- Alumni Parent – 25 points
- Single Parent – 5 points
- Distance – 40 points
- Sibling – 30 points
- Alumni Parent – 20 point
- Girl Child – 10 point
Note: The selection criteria of all these schools are provided on the basis of previous year’s admission.
Read here: Top 15 Schools in South Delhi
How to Apply for Nursery Admission in Delhi Under EWS Category?
Parents are requested to follow the guidelines given below in order to register their ward:
- Go to the official web portal of Directorate of Education Delhi.
- Further you need to click “EWS/ DG Admission” link
- Now click registration for new user. Upon clicking this link, a registration form will open on screen.
- Fill up the registration form by putting the required details.
- Upon successful registration, you’ll receive a registration number/login ID. You need to keep it preserve for future use.
- Now, log in at the official website by using the respective login credentials.
- Fill rest part of the application form and cross-check the data entered.
- Please be careful- check all data before you submit as further corrections are not allowed.
- Take a printout and keep it at a safe place.
Documents required for EWS/ DG category Admission
The following documentsare required for EWS/ DG category admission:
- Caste certificate for category candidates issued by the Revenue Department (DC/ DM office), GNCT of Delhi (issued by Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar)
- Income Certificate issued by a Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar or BPL/AAY/ Food Security Card issued by Food and Civil Supply Department, Govt. of NCT of Delhi.
- Certificate issued by Govt. Hospital for Children with Special Needs
- Documentary evidence for Orphan and Transgender
Category & Reservation
- Children whose annual family income from all sources is less than 1 lakh will be considered as Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) category candidate.
- Children who belong to any of the following sub-category will be considered as Disadvantages group (DG) category candidate.
- Scheduled Caste
- Scheduled Tribe
- OBC (Non-Creamy layer)
- Orphans as defined in Juvenile Justice Act
- Children living with or affected by HIV
- Child with special needs suffering from disability, as defined in ‘Persons with Disabilities Act, 1995’
Frquently Asked Questions
What if I forgot my registration number/ login ID?
Candidates can get their lost registration number/ login ID by clicking on the “Forgot registration number/ login ID” button present on registration page.
Is there any provision for getting relaxation in prescribed age limit?
The age relaxation for admission of upto 30 days may be granted at the level of head of school in the minimum & upper age limit.
What documents can be used as valid proof of address?
Ration Card/ Smart Card of parents, Domicile certificate of child or parents, Voter I-Card (EPIC) of any of the parents, Electricity bill/MTNL telephone bill/Water bill/Passport of parents or child, Aadhaar Card/UID card of any of the parents can be considered as valid address proof.
I have two children/twins. Then what is the procedure of filling online form?
You need to fill separate applications for both children.
I have the caste certificate but my child does not have the same. Can I apply for admission under DG category?
Yes, you can apply on the basis of your caste certificate (SC/ST/OBC- Non Creamy, whichever applicable) if it has been issued by the Revenue Department (DC/DM office), GNCT of Delhi.
Can I apply under both EWS/ DG and Open Quota seats?
Yes, you can apply under both the quotas.