Candidates are invited for admission into B.Ed, M.Ed, and other similar courses offered by the colleges under Regional Institutes of Education on the basis of an entrance exam. The application form is expected to be released in the month of April and will be available online. Interested candidates must make sure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria before applying for the exam. Get more details about RIE CEE 2024 such as eligibility criteria, application process, etc. from this article below.
Overview of RIE CEE 2024
|Name of the admission process||RIE CEE 2024|
|Full form||Regional Institutes of Education Common Entrance Exam 2024|
|Conducting body||National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT)|
|Courses offered||B.Ed. – Two Year B.Ed.-M.Ed. (Integrated) – Three Year B.A.B.Ed. – Four Year B.Sc.B.Ed. – Four Year M.Ed. – Two Year M.Sc.Ed. – Six Year|
|Mode of application||Online|
Regional Institute of Education
Here is the list of different Regional Institute of Education (RIE) and the states catered by these RIEs:
- Regional Institute of Education, Ajmer- Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, Punjab, Rajasthan, Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh and the UT of Delhi, Chandigarh
- Regional Institute of Education, Bhopal- Chhattishgarh, Goa, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra and UTs of Daman, Diu, Dadra & Nagar Haveli
- Regional Institute of Education, Bhubaneswar- Bihar, Jharkhand, Odisha, West Bengal and the UT of Andaman and Nicobar Islands
- North-East Regional Institute of Education, Shillong- Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura
- Regional Institute of Education, Mysuru- Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Telangana, Tamil Nadu and the UT of Puducherry and Lakshadweep
RIE CEE Important Dates 2024
The important dates for RIE CEE 2024 are given as follows:
|Beginning of the registration process||4th week of April 2024|
|Last date to register online||1st week of June 2024|
|Release of admit card||4th week of June 2024|
|Last date to download the admit card||1st week of July 2024|
|Date of entrance exam||1st week of July 2024|
|Last date to upload qualifying exam marks for B.A.B.Ed., B.Sc.B.Ed., M.Sc.Ed.||1st week of July 2024|
|Last date to upload qualifying exam marks for B.Ed., M.Ed., B.Ed.-M.Ed.||3rd week of July 2024|
|Result announcement for B.A.B.Ed., B.Sc.B.Ed., M.Sc.Ed.||3rd week of July 2024|
|Result announcement for B.Ed., M.Ed., B.Ed.-M.Ed.||4th week of July 2024|
RIE CEE 2024 Eligibility Criteria
Check out the basic eligibility criteria for RIE CEE 2024:
Candidates with a Bachelor’s and/ or Master’s Degrees in Sciences/ Social Sciences/ Humanities or BE/ B.Tech with specialization in Science or Mathematics scoring at least 50% marks (45% marks for SC/ ST/ PwD candidates) are eligible.
A postgraduate degree in Science/ Social Sciences/ Humanities with a minimum of 55% marks (50% for SC/ ST/ PwD Candidates) is required.
Candidates must have passed class 12 or equivalent exam in any stream with at least 50% marks in aggregate (45% marks for SC/ ST/ PwD candidates) in 2022, 2023, or 2024.
For admission to the Physical Science Group (PCM), candidates must have passed class 12 with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/ Statistics and those seeking admission to the Biological Science Group (CBZ) must have passed Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/ Biotechnology) with at least 50% marks in aggregate (45% marks for SC/ ST/ PwD candidates) in 2022, 2023, or 2024.
Candidates should have obtained at least 50% marks (45% marks for SC/ ST/ PwD candidates) in B.Ed./ B.A.B.Ed./ B.A.Ed/ B.Sc.B.Ed/ B.Sc.Ed./ B.El.Ed./ D.El.Ed. with a bachelor’s degree in Arts/ Science with 50% marks.
Candidates seeking admission to M.Sc.Ed. must have passed class 12 with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/ Statistics with at least 50% marks (45% marks for SC/ ST/ PwD candidates) in 2022, 2023, or 2024.
RIE CEE Application Form 2024
Candidates can obtain the RIE CEE 2024 application form online. The application form will be released on the official website of NCERT CEE www.cee.ncert.gov.in tentatively in the fourth week of April 2024.
- The candidates first need to register online by providing details like name, mobile number, email address, etc.
- On submitting the registration form, an email and SMS with login credentials will be sent to the candidates.
- Using these credentials, the candidates can log in to their accounts and start filling out the application form.
- In the application form, the candidates need to provide their personal and academic details as asked.
- The applicants should provide their choice for exam center and program details and select the qualifying exam they have appeared in.
- Scanned copies of photographs and signatures of the candidates should also be uploaded into the form.
- After uploading the documents, the candidates need to make payment of the prescribed application fee.
- Once the payment is successful, the candidates should take a printout of the application form.
- The fee for the application is ₹1200/- for General/ OBC candidates and ₹600/- for SC/ ST/ PwD/ EWS candidates.
- Candidates can pay the fee online using net banking, debit card, or credit card.
RIE CEE 2024 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern overview for RIE CEE 2024 is given below:
- Duration of exam: 120 minutes
- Type of questions: Multiple-choice questions
- Medium of test: English and Hindi
- Number of questions: 80
- Total marks: 160
- Distribution of marks: Each question will carry 2 marks.
- Negative marking: 0.5 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
|Subject||Number of questions||Total marks|
|English Language Proficiency||20||40|
- Language Proficiency: Comprehension, rearranging sentences, finding errors, idioms, incomplete sentences, sequencing, prepositions, tenses, synonyms, antonyms, articles, etc
- Teaching Aptitude: Attitude towards education, leadership qualities & group management, children and the teaching profession, emotional & social adjustment, interest in teaching, general awareness of contemporary issues about school education, and intrapersonal & interpersonal skills.
- Reasoning Ability: Verbal non-verbal reasoning, number series, letter series, missing numbers, analogy, odd one out, theme finding, jumbling, arranging the statements in a sequential form, syllogism, logical problems, establishing relationships, and statements and conclusions.
RIE CEE 2024 Admit Card
- The admit card for RIE CEE 2024 will be uploaded on the official website https://cee.ncert.gov.in/ around one week before the exam.
- The admit card will contain the candidate’s name, roll number, test center, test schedule, and other important information.
- It is important that the candidates carry a hard copy of the admit card at the time of the exam or else they will not be allowed to appear for the exam.
- Candidates should not tamper with the admit cards or damage them in any manner as this can make the cards invalid.
RIE CEE Result 2024
- After the entrance exam is over, candidates need to upload the marks of their qualifying exam.
- Based on the performance of the candidates in the entrance exam and marks obtained in the qualifying exam, the result will be declared.
- A merit list of the qualified candidates will also be prepared. Different lists are made for admission to different courses.
- Candidates will be invited to take part in the admission process as per their names on the merit list.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, the candidates should only apply to the RIE of their concerned state.
The application fee is non-refundable.
Tie cases will be decided by scores of the Teaching Aptitude test followed by age.
All SC, ST, and 50% of remaining students will be awarded scholarships as per NCERT rules on submission of parent’s income certificate.
The option once selected in the application form cannot be changed later.
Questions will be different for B.Sc.B.Ed./ B.A.B.Ed./ M.Sc.Ed. course, B.Ed./ B.Ed.-M.Ed. course and M.Ed. course.