Sachin Tendulkar is one of the greatest batsmen the world of cricket has ever seen and the proof of this fact lies in his immense popularity even a decade after his retirement from international cricket.
When it comes to comparison, Sachin stands no less behind the legendary cricketers Sir Don Bradman and Vivian Richards.
Started playing cricket at the age of 11 and made his debut at the age of 16, Sachin Tendulkar is going to turn 51 soon. The cricketer will be celebrating his golden birthday on April 24, 2024.
Not only Sachin but the whole country will be celebrating his birthday this year with the inauguration of his life-size statue in the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai.
For more interesting details related to Sachin Tendulkar’s Birthday in 2024 such as its celebration around the country, special commemoration, etc, keep reading this article.
Here’s a brief look at the star’s personal life along with certain details of his international career.
|Full name||Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar|
|Nicknames||Little Master, Master Blaster, God of Cricket|
|Date of birth||24 April 1973|
|Place of birth||Bombay, Maharashtra, India|
|Parents||Rajani Tendulkar, Ramesh Tendulkar|
|Children||Sara Tendulkar, Arjun Tendulkar|
|ODI debut||15 November 1989 v Pakistan|
|Last ODI match||14 November 2013 v West Indies|
|Test debut||18 December 1989 v Pakistan|
|Last Test match||18 March 2012 v Pakistan|
|T20 match (only 1 appearance)||1 December 2006 v South Africa|
24 April 1973- The Birth of A Legend
Sachin Tendulkar was born on 24 April 197 to popular novelist Ramesh Tendulkar and his wife Rajani Tendulkar.
A very mischievous child, Sachin was introduced to cricket by his eldest brother Ajit Tendulkar as a distraction.
This incident marked the beginning of history and gave the world a legend in cricket that was Sachin. Also Check his Net Worth
It was only a matter of time before Sachin got included in the international test team of India becoming the youngest in India to do so. He was only 16 years at the time.
After facing a slow start in his career, Sachin soon snapped out of all pressure and created history and records in cricket as no one had ever before.
Sachin Tendulkar Birthday Celebration This Year
A star he may be but Sachin always prefers to live life humbly. Every year he celebrates his birthday with his family and shares a glimpse of his birthday celebration on social media, especially on Instagram.
Fans all around the world also offer their wishes to the cricketer via the social media channel. However, this year is going to be different and the whole nation will be a part of Sachin’s birthday celebration. On the occasion of his 50th birthday, a life-size statue of Sachin was inaugurated in the famous Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai. The stadium, which is also the home ground of the cricketer, holds special memories for Sachin. And therefore to honor his legacy, the Mumbai Cricket Association (MCA) decided to establish his statue as a 50th birthday gift to Sachin.
Interesting Facts about Sachin Tendulkar
On the occasion of Sachin Tendulkar’s birthday celebration, here are some interesting albeit less-known facts about the star of cricket.
- Even after 10 years of his retirement, Sachin Tendulkar is still the all-time highest run-scorer in both ODI and Test cricket.
- Sachin holds the record for receiving the most man-of-the-match awards in international cricket.
- In 1987 Sachin was rejected from Dennis Lillie’s MRF Foundation.
- In 1998, Sachin fielded for Pakistan in a practice ODI match between India and Pakistan.
- Sachin is the first batsman to be given out by the third umpire in 1992.
- Sachin’s first car was Maruti 800 which he purchased with a loan. Now he is the brand ambassador of BMW in India.
- In 2010, Sachin became the first player to hit a double century in an ODI match.
- With 9 centuries in 1998, Sachin holds the record for the most centuries in a calendar year.
- The government of India has honored him with the prestigious Bharat Ratna in 2014. He is the only cricketer to win this award.
- With a net worth of over $150 million, Sachin is one of the richest cricketers in the world.
A glimpse of Sachin’s Life Post Cricket
In 2015 Sachin got appointed to the Cricket Advisory Committee (CAC) by BCCI but resigned from his post after allegations of conflict of interest.
He made his Cricket commentator debut at the 2019 ICC Cricket World Cup. In 2021, Sachin was a mentor for the Mumbai Indians team.
Frequently Asked Questions
April 24, 2024
For his exceptional career in the sport, Sachin Tendulkar is termed the God of Cricket.