To financially support the meritorious students of economically backward families pursue higher studies the Government of West Bengal introduces Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship (SVMCM). The scholarship supports different levels of higher studies pursued from educational institutions of West Bengal. Students enrolled in regular mode of Class XI and XII, undergraduate and postgraduate level and those pursuing MPhil and Doctoral courses are eligible for the scholarship. These scholarships will be given to deserving students on merit-cum-means criteria. Complete details about SVMCM Scholarship 2023 are discussed in this article.
Update: SVMCMS Application process has been started for class XI and XII for both Topper and Non-Topper (2023-24 session).
SVMCM Scholarship 2023 Important Dates
Check out below the schedule SVMCM Scholarship 2023 application:
|Release of application form||Open for both Topper and Non-Topper|
|Release of application form for scholarship renewal||Yet to be announced|
|Release of application form for fresh Kanyashree applicants||Yet to be announced|
|Release of application form for MPhil/ PhD||Yet to be announced|
Course-wise Rate of Scholarship
Here is the course-wise rate of scholarship for SVMCM scholarship:
|Directorate||Course||Scholarship rate per month|
|DPI||UG (Arts)||Rs. 1000/-|
|UG (Science)||Rs. 1500/-|
|UG (Other Professional Courses, UGC Approved)||Rs. 1500/-|
|PG (Arts)||Rs. 2000/-|
|PG (Commerce)||Rs. 2000/-|
|PG (Science)||Rs. 2500/-|
|PG (Other Professional Courses, UGC Approved)||Rs. 2500/-|
|Non NET M.Phil.||Rs. 5000/-|
|Non NET Ph.D.||Rs. 8000/-|
|DTE||UG (Engg.), PG (Engg.) and Other Professional Courses (AICTE Approved)||Rs. 5000/-|
|DTE&T||Polytechnic (Diploma Courses)||Rs. 1500/-|
|DME||UG (Medical Degree)||Rs. 5000/-|
|Diploma Courses (Medical Degree)||Rs. 1500/-|
- These scholarships will be sanctioned to deserving students on merit-cum-means criteria.
- As the payment will be made by direct beneficiary transfer only, furnishing of Bank details of the applicant, i.e. A/C No., Bank Name, IFS Code of Bank is mandatory.
- There will be no need to submit hard copy of the application form or any other document until asked.
- Candidates selected for the scholarships will not be allowed to enjoy any other central/ state government scholarship for the same course and same duration of study.
- Girl students pursuing post graduate courses will come under the aegis of this Scholarship Scheme as Kanyashree (K3) applicants.
SVMCM Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
The following eligibility criteria have been defined for SVMCM Scholarship 2023:
- The upper ceiling for family income has been fixed at Rs. 250,000/- per annum.
- For Undergraduate courses (Arts/ Commerce/ Science/ Medical/ Other Professional Courses, UGC Approved): The candidates should have passed their class 12th or equivalent exam scoring a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate.
- For Undergraduate engineering courses: The candidates should have passed their class 12th or equivalent exam scoring a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate. Those with a relevant Diploma from WBSCT&VE&SD are eligible for lateral entry.
- For Postgraduate courses (Arts/ Commerce/ Science/ Other Professional Courses, UGC Approved): A bachelor’s degree in related field with at least 53% marks for SVMCM and 45% for Kanyashree is required.
- For Postgraduate engineering courses: Applicants who hold an undergraduate degree in relevant discipline with not less than 55% aggregate marks from a recognized university are eligible.
- For Non NET MPhil and Non NET Ph.D.: The applicants should have registered themselves for the MPhil/ PhD courses not before April 1st
- For HS: The candidates need to pass the last qualifying exam scoring no less than 60% marks in aggregate.
- Diploma Courses (Polytechnic/ Medical Degree): At least 60% marks in the last qualifying exam is required to be eligible for scholarship for pursuing diploma courses.
Application Form for SVMCM Scholarship 2023
The online application form for SVMSM scholarship has been released on the official website www.svmcm.wbhed.gov.in. At first, applicants need to fill up and submit the online registration form to generate applicant id using which rest process of application can be completed.
- Registration form can be filled by providing general details and password to generate a 15 digit Applicant ID. The ID should be kept safe for future reference.
- A valid mobile no and email id should be provided during registration to obtain OTP for further login.
- Using the applicant ID, password and captcha code, login to fill the rest details in the application form.
- Upload all necessary documents as mentioned in the form in scanned format.
- After successful upload, check the application in view mode & click on Submit Application to complete the application process.
Documents to be uploaded for fresh and Kanyashree application:
- Mark sheet of Madhyamik Examination or its equivalent (both sides)
- Mark sheet of last Board/Council/University/College examination (both sides)
- Admission receipt
- Income certificate of family (not Applicable for Kanyashree)
- Domicile certificate as Aadhaar ID/ Voter ID/ Ration card/ Certificate Issued by concerned authority
- Scanned copy of Bank Passbook (1st Page, containing A/C No. and IFSC)
- Certificate from Competent Authority like HOI for non-admission in the previous academic year
Documents to be uploaded for renewal of application:
- Copy of the mark sheet of the last examination in the present course of study (both sides)
- Admission receipt for the promotion to the next higher class
SVMCM Scholarship 2023 Selection Process
- Candidates who submit their application in the given time will be selected for the scholarship.
- Selection of the candidates for granting the scholarship will be done on the merit cum means basis.
- There will be no selection test for selecting candidates for the scholarship.
- Scholarship would be sanctioned as per the availability of fund.
- The fund will be transferred to the beneficiaries account if the documents are in order.
If any modification is needed after submission, applicant may approach concerned HOI/DI for such modification. HOI/DI will then unlock the application and the applicant will then be able to edit the application details. The applicant may also approach helpdesk by sending email for getting edit option.
If applicants forget their applicant ID or password, they can retrieve the same using Forgot Applicant ID/Password option from Applicant Login option.
Any deliberate falsification in any document or information discovered at any stage will be considered as a grievous offence and may invite serious disciplinary actions.