Taj Mahotsav 2023 in Agra starts on 18th February and will continue till 27th February 2023. Last year, the theme of Taj Mahotsav was ‘Aazadi ke Amrit Mahotsav sang, Taj ke rang’.
Taj Mahotsav, a 10-day carnival hosted by the Tourism Ministry of Uttar Pradesh, is marked with zeal every year in Agra. Its goal is to improve India’s tourism for both local and foreign visitors. This yearly festival, held outside the Taj Mahal’s eastern entrance, features remarkable variety of handicrafts from many areas, as well as traditional dances.
At the event, many artists from various states put up their booths. Visitors may choose from a variety of beautiful pieces of art, including handcrafted souvenirs and other antiques. Foodies will be pampered with a wide variety of cuisines, ranging from traditional Agra fare to regional cuisines all under one roof! You’ll be smitten by the rich tapestry of legend which builds up the rich tapestry of Agra, India’s most favorite city.
Taj Mahotsav 2023 Date
|Event||Taj Mahotsav 2023|
|Taj Mahotsav 2023 Date||18th February to 27th February 2023|
|Day||Saturday to Monday|
|Taj Mahotsav 2023 Theme||Last year it was ‘Aazadi ke Amrit Mahotsav sang, Taj ke rang’|
|Ticket price for kids below 5 years||No entry ticket required|
|Ticket price for Adult||Rs.40/- (tentative)|
|Ticket price for students||Rs 500 for the group of 100 children along with 2 teachers (tentative)|
|Ticket price for Foreigners||Free|
Taj Mahotsav 2023 History
During its beginning in 1992, the Taj Mahotsav festival was considered. Since then, visitors from all over the globe have come to enjoy and learn about fascinating art, lively performance, distinctive craft, and an Indian cuisine tour mostly under one cover!
Taj Mahotsav’s most notable features have been the boldness of Indian craftsmen from various states to showcase India’s rich history and distinct culture from its beginning.
Taj Mahotsav 2023 Significance
During Taj Mahotsav, around 400 artisans from various parts of India showcase their art works. The art works also include bamboo/cane work from North East India, wood/stone carvings from Tamil Nadu,marble and zardozi work from Agra, paper mash work from South India and Kashmir,Kantha stitch from West Bengal, hand printing from Farrukhabad, shawls and carpets from Kashmir/Gujarat, silk and zari work from Banaras, Chikan work from Lucknow, hand made carpets from Bhadohi, and many others.
Check– Special days in March
Taj Mahotsav 2023 Location and Timeframe
The Taj Mahotsav 2023 will be held at Shilpgram, a well-known handicraft hamlet in the city of Agra. Shilpgram Village is a short distance from the white mausoleum known as the Taj Mahal.
Every year, between the 18th and the 27th of February, it is commemorated. The date of Taj Mahotsav 2023 is 18th February to 27th February 2023.
The Taj Mahotsav 2023 would take place during 10 a.m. and 10 p.m. Please remember that times may vary somewhat. Check the official website of Uttar Pradesh Tourism for a complete schedule of the Taj Mahotsav.
Taj Mahotsav 2023 Various Happenings
At Taj Mahotsav 2023, you’ll be welcomed by spectacular dance styles and live music. Mostly during event, folk artists from around India will perform on the stage for ten days. Expect soul-stirring performances brimming with intensity and zeal.
- Food: How about getting a taste of India on a plate? Prepare to taste a diverse range of foods and snacks from around the country all under one roof! Doesn’t it seem exciting? It certainly does to us! The Taj Mahotsav will be a haven for gourmet souls, with a variety of delectable delicacies available at various booths. Guests may savour the delectable native cuisine of Uttar Pradesh or satisfy their hunger with a variety of cuisines. If you’re someone who never gets tired of trying new foods, forget about your excuses and come to Taj Mahotsav 2023 in February.
- Fair: The festivity and meeting at the Taj Mahotsav Festival will entice both adults and youngsters. There would be kid-friendly areas where your children may enjoy exciting train trips and elephants safaris. There’s something for everybody at the Taj Mahotsav 2023, which is brimming with pleasure, excitement, and delight. People may also experience rides such as big wheels, Columbus, and other such attractions.
Taj Mahotsav 2023 Ticket of Admission
- For Kids: Get ready for this celebration and have a great time since the Taj Mahotsav 2023 entrance ticket is extremely affordable. Children under the age of five will be admitted for free.
- Adults: Adults must pay a fee of 40 INR (about) each person to enter.
- For School Children: A school group of 100 kids must come to see the flamboyance of arts and crafts and cuisine in order to get a 500 INR entry charge (approx.). Two instructors with a class of 100 pupils, on the other hand, are permitted to attend for free.
- For Foreigners: The Tourism Department of Uttar Pradesh welcomes international visitors to attend Taj Mahotsav 2023 for free!
Taj Mahotsav 2023 How to Reach
Since you are coming from Delhi, travelling by road to the Taj Mahotsav Festival 2023 is the finest option and will not exceed the budget. Agra is around 4-5 hours (about) away from Delhi. The distance between Delhi and Agra is 235 kilometres (approx.).
Moreover, rail travel from large metro cities around Delhi, such as Jaipur, is also feasible and would be the second-best alternative for reaching Agra. Agra has its own railway station, which is well linked to other Indian cities such as Mumbai, Bangalore, Jaipur, and Delhi.
Frequently Asked Questions
This year, Taj Mahotsav is being organized from 18th February to 27th February 2023.
Last year, the theme of Taj Mahotsav was ‘Aazadi ke Amrit Mahotsav sang, Taj ke rang’.