When is World Meteorological Day 2023: The 23rd of March is designated as the annual day for commemorating World Meteorological Day. On this day, we are reminded of the interconnectedness between the Earth’s crust and human conduct. In honor of the United Nations’ creation of the WMO, the United Nations observes World Meteorological Day. Signs of long-term climatic changes are among the topics covered by the organization.
World Meteorological Day 2023 Date
|Event||World Meteorological Day 2023|
|Established by||World Meteorological Organization (WMO)|
|World Meteorological Day 2023 Date||March 23, 2023|
|World Meteorological Day 2023 Theme||The Future of Weather, Climate and Water across Generations|
World Meteorological Day History
When the World Meteorological Organization Convention went into operation on March 23, 1950, it became the United Nations’ specialized organization for climatology, operative hydrology, and other geophysics sciences, which included a wide range of topics.
Annually, the World Meteorological Organization selects a new topic for World Meteorological Day. The World Meteorological Organization has a significant impact on people’s health and well-being. Because of this, its role is critical in securing food, freshwater, and transportation supplies.
World Meteorological Day Significance
All throughout the globe, National Meteorological Day serves as a reminder of the critical role they play in ensuring public safety and well-being. On this day, we want to raise awareness about the many issues that our planet confronts across the globe. The day is not an official holiday anywhere in the globe, but rather a worldwide commemoration.
Check: Special days March
World Meteorological Day 2023: World Meteorological Organization
There are 193 Individual Countries and Affiliates in the United Nations specialized organization. To promote the transmission of weather information throughout country boundaries, the IMO was created in 1873.
As a specialized organization of the United Nations, the World Meteorological Organization was created in 1950. Functional hydrological and associated geophysical sciences, as well as weather conditions, should be a primary emphasis of this work. Ever since inception, the World Meteorological Organization has performed a unique and significant role in ensuring the safety and well-being of mankind.
Since its establishment, it has fostered a closer relationship between the National Meteorology and Hydrogeology Department and the many applications of meteorology. There is no way we can deny the fact that the organization performs a prominent role in worldwide order to implement and preserve the environment via its Programs.
World Meteorological Day 2023 Theme
World Meteorological Day 2023 Theme: “The Future of Weather, Climate and Water across Generations”
Theme of World Meteorological Day 2022: “Early Warning and Early Action”.
There is a distinct theme or motto for each year’s celebration of the day. The subject in 2021 was “Oceans and our climate and weather”. Most people think about what’s going on in the environment whenever it pertains to weather patterns. Oceans are a part of this larger picture, too. The oceans contain over 70 percent of the planet’s surface, and therefore have a significant impact on climate change.
Every day, experts and meteorologists from the nation’s National Meteorology and Hydrogeology Department keep an eye on the ocean to see how it is developing. While the WMO’s emphasis has been on linking oceans, climate, and weather as part of a larger Earth System, this year’s theme honors that connection.
World Meteorological Day 2023 Wishes
- Climatic occurrences are weather occurrences that may be seen and described by the meteorological science. Collectively, let’s mark the occasion of World Meteorological Day.
- The clear dark sky, wherein God’s universes silently whirl, is where we sense His existence the greatest when His creations are on the biggest scale stretched before us.
- Stay grounded, yet let your soul to climb as high as it possibly can. Resist succumbing to the coolness of your metaphysical surroundings and becoming an ordinary person. It’s World Meteorological Day today.
- When one gazes at nature’s splendor, one finds a source of power that will remain for eternity. World Meteorological Day is celebrated on this day.
- Every human creature and humanity’s tranquil splendor should be included in our sphere of empathy in order for us to be liberated. It’s World Meteorological Day.
World Meteorological Day 2023 Quotes
- “Wind, earthquake, fire meteorology, seismology, physics pass in review, as we have been reviewing the natural forces of evolution; the Lord was not in them. Afterwards, a stirring, an awakening in the organ of the brain, a voice which asks “What does thou here?” (Sir Arthur Stanley Eddington)
- “Meteorology has ever been an apple of contention, as if the violent commotions of the atmosphere induced a sympathetic effect on the minds of those who have attempted to study them.” (Joseph Henry)
- “Of all the departments of science no one seems to have been less advanced for the last hundred years than that of meteorology.” (Thomas Jefferson)
- “We have learned that there is an endocrinology of elation and despair, a chemistry of mystical insight, and, in relation to the autonomic nervous system, a meteorology and even… an astro-physics of changing moods.” (Aldous Leonard Huxley)
- “Perhaps some day in the dim future it will be possible to advance the computations faster than the weather advances and at a cost less than the saving to mankind due to the information gained. But that is a dream.” (Lewis Fry Richardson)
Frequently Asked Questions
The world observes World Meteorological Day on March 23 every year.
The theme of World Meteorological Day 2023 is “The Future of Weather, Climate and Water across Generations”.
World Meteorological Organization (WMO) established this day in 1961.
4 thoughts on “World Meteorological Day 2023: Date, Theme (out), History, Significance, Wishes, Quotes”
Why did WMO decide the name of the 2023 theme like that?
I R.NALLASWAMY SERVED ABOUT 37 YEARS IN INDIA METOROLOGICAL DEPARTMENT WHICH IS THE NATIOAL AGENCY DEALS ALL SPECTS OF METEOROLOGY AND ALLIED FILEDS.STARTED 1875 IT IS AN ACTIVE MEMEBER OF WORLD METEOROGICAL ORGONAISATION.IT IS ONE OF THE RSMCS COVERING NEIGHBOURING COUNTRIES ALSO.THE SCIENCE OF METEOROLOGY IS COMPLICATED SCIENCE PLAYING ROLE IN ALL ASPECTS OF LIFE.IT EVOLVED TO A GREATER EXTENT INSPITE OF FACING CHALLENGES OF RECENT YEARS NAMELY GLOBAL WARMING AND CLIMATE CHANGE.ALL THE COUNTRIES WORLD OVER NEED TO STUDY DO RESEARCH AND FIND A WAY FOR SAFE EARTH.I AM THE SECRETARY OF INDIAN METEOROLOICAL SOCIETY CHENNAI CHAPTER WHICH HAS HQ AT DELHI WITH CHAPTERS ALL OVER INDIA A NON PROFITABLE SOCIETY SUPPORTS IMD TO TAKE THE SCIENCE OF METEOROLOGY TO EDUCATE ALL.
As a retired employee of India Meteorological Department (Director designation) I am glad to note the theme of WMO day for this year. The general public take weather easy and do not know how much physics has been included in meteorology today. Many are blissfully ignorant of many facts of the atmosphere. The importance of understanding weather a little more among the public needs emphasis.
I want to work in this organisation.