World Water Day 2023 will be celebrated on March 22 worldwide to increase awareness on crucial importance of water to all living things. On this day, let’s come together and request people not to waste water.
On March 22, the globe celebrates World Water Day, a time to spread education about the significance of clean drinking water and the need to manage its supplies sustainably. On this day, people all around the globe are reminded of the global water problem. One of the most important things to have is access to clean drinking water. Life on Earth would be impossible without a sufficient and reliable supply of water.
“Water is life,” as the saying goes. As the world’s population has grown, there has been an increasing demand for resources, leading to an overuse and abuse of all available resources. Consequently, communities all around the globe are now experiencing severe water scarcity.
World Water Day 2023 Date
|Event||World Water Day 2023|
|Date||March 22, 2023|
|Frequency of celebration||Celebrated annually worldwide|
|World Water Day Theme 2023||Accelerating Change|
World Water Day History
We are all aware that on March 22nd, the globe celebrates this day. The UN General Assembly made this day a yearly observance in 1993 in order to raise community understanding about the importance of conserving water.
It was formally included for the first time in schedule 21 of the “United Nations Conference on Environment and Development” in Rio de Janeiro, in 1992 year. To further instill a sense of urgency about the significance of water, World Water Day festivities were instituted in 1993.
World Water Day Importance
Socioeconomic growth relies heavily on water. Drinking water is essential for human wellness and well-being, as well as providing a basic means of subsistence. Nutrition, air, and the human species would be impossible to imagine without it. When it comes to freshwater, just a tiny fraction of the planet’s total area is suitable for human use.
Though Earth’s freshwater supply has remained relatively stable due to natural recycling processes, an ever-increasing human population has raised demand and created competition. No matter how hard you try, water shortage is a genuine problem. Furthermore, if we don’t use water wisely now, it will cost a lot more in the future.
World Water Day Purpose
There are a variety of reasons why this campaign for water is pushed year after year by UN agencies, including motivating the public, increasing awareness of water problems, and coordinating efforts with other countries in honor of World Water Day.
As well as selecting the World Water Day theme and distributing messages throughout the world, UN-Water is also in charge of all of these things. Various nongovernmental and non-governmental groups, including Members of the un and organizations, participate in awareness-raising campaigns. Throughout this occasion and initiative, all of the water-related problems will be brought to light.
Check: Other special days in March
World Water Day Theme 2023
World Water Day 2023 Theme: “Accelerating Change”
World Water Day is always tied to a certain topic. This subject sheds insight on a wide range of problems surrounding the cause. World Water Day 2021 Theme was “valuing water,” which emphasized the significance of water conservation and the monetary worth of water. World Water Day 2022 theme was GROUNDWATER – MAKING THE INVISIBLE VISIBLE.
Organizers hope that by holding this event, they can raise awareness of the resources which water provides for the preservation of all life on the planet.
World Water Day 2023 Messages
- Kudos for saving water on World Water Day, Always use water sparingly; don’t wait for a water crisis to erupt before acting. There is a great deal of interaction between the biotic and abiotic worlds.
- Keeping water in one place makes it stagnant and filthy, while allowing it to flow will nurture everything in its path. Please accept my best wishes for a joyous World Water Day!
- Please save water and utilize it carefully when necessary. Let us establish and maintain plants so that future generations will have springs to draw from. Conserve water for the future and pass on springs to the next generation.
- In the end, water is the only thing that gives us life. Conserve water to prolong your life. Life includes not just people, but also animals, birds, and other vertebrates, as well as plants, such as trees. Extra water would be drawn from a lush growth. As a limited resource, water, I urge you to utilize it wisely today.
World Water Day 2023 Quotes
- “Every human should have the idea of taking care of the environment, of nature, of water. So using too much or wasting water should have some kind of feeling or sense of concern. Some sort of responsibility and with that, a sense of discipline.” (Dalai Lama)
- “We must begin thinking like a river if we are to leave a legacy of beauty and life for future generations.” (David R. Brower)
- “I have little need to remind you that water has become one of our major national concerns.” (Ezra Taft Benson)
- “Rain is a blessing when it falls gently on parched fields, turning the earth green, causing the birds to sing.” (Donald Worster)
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1: When do we celebrate world water day 2023?
|Answer: This year, we’ll celebrate World Water Day on March 22, 2023.|
Question 2: What is the theme of world water day 2023?
|Answer: Accelerating Change|
Question 3: When was world water day observed for the first time?
|Answer: The day was observed on March 22, 1993 for the first time.|
for More Details Visit: https://www.worldwaterday.org/
1 thought on “World Water Day 2023: Date, Theme (Accelerating Change), History, Importance, Messages, Quotes”
Godawari River Conservation
Godavari River is situated in the southern part of Kathmandu valley which runs from South to North of the valley. It is 14.2 km long; it starts from the Phulchoki hill and ends with the Bagmati River. It plays a vital role in the valley, more that 1 million people use directly or indirectly this river. About 0.3 farmers use this river’s water for irrigation. Not only that it is used for domestic purposes also. Villages like Shiddhipur, Godamana choura, Thaiba, Harisiddhi use this river for drinking purposes. But due to the carelessness of local people, rivers are starting to pollute, we are thinking why these rivers are polluted day by day. So, we started to study about rivers. In the end there are various reasons to pollute that river. Plastics are the main reasons behind the pollution of rivers. So, we decided to take out the plastics from the river.
Phulchowki Godavari Area as an Eco-Tourism Preserved Area Phulchowki Godawari area of Lalitpur district is seeking the same sustainable development for its preservation and promotion. It plays a vital role in the ecosystem of Kathmandu valley. It also holds a major source of drinking water for Lalitpur area.
Phulchowki Godawari area is a very important and crucial area of Kathmandu valley. Among seven Village District Committees (VDC), Godawari VDC also holds a significant cultural and religious value to the people. Since the area is rich in biodiversity and water heritage, it is urgently required to protect this area from commercial and industrial activities by announcing it as an eco-tourist preserved area. It is a major water resources and Tourism hub in Kathmandu valley. This area is most important area and rich Biodiversity in Nepal.