|You can apply for a Marriage Certificate in Bihar either online or offline. |
The certificate is issued after 30 days of applying online.
Having witnesses is also crucial in getting a marriage certificate
A marriage certificate is an extremely important document that provides a legal status to your marriage. If you are from Bihar then you don’t have to visit the registrar’s office. You may apply for the same online through your mobile phone or computer.
To apply for the certificate, you should have the legal right to marry in the state of Bihar. After the form submission, authorities will wait for 30 days and look out for any objection from the public against the marriage. Finally, the Prohibition Excise & Registration Department, Government of Bihar will issue a marriage certificate in the presence of witnesses.
Overview of Online Marriage Certificate in Bihar
|Name of the service||Bihar Marriage Certificate|
|Mode of applying||Online and Offline both|
|Management Authority||Prohibition Excise & Registration Department, Government of Bihar|
|Who can apply?||All married couples in Bihar|
Rules and Regulations for a Marriage Certificate in Bihar
If you are looking to apply for a Marriage Certificate in the state of Bihar then you should be aware of the following rules.
- You can apply for a Marriage Certificate either online or through the respective office of the registrar in whose jurisdiction the wife or husband lives.
- It is compulsory to submit an application along with the fee.
- Authorities will issue the certificate after at least 30 days of submitting the application.
- You will be asked to visit the office along with witnesses after thirty days and will be asked to sign on the registry to endorse the marriage.
- For already solemnised marriages, the certificate will be issued on the same day when you sign the registry.
Eligibility Criteria for a Bihar Certificate
Before you apply for a marriage certificate in Bihar, you must ensure that you meet all of these criteria.
- The age of a bridegroom should be at least 21 years.
- The bride’s age must be at least 18 years.
- The husband or wife should reside in the jurisdiction area of the respective registrar.
How to apply for a Bihar Marriage Certificate online?
If you have decided to apply for a marriage certificate online then you may follow the steps given below.
- To start with, you need to visit the official website https://nibandhan.bihar.gov.in/Marriage/OnlineLoginMarriage.aspx.
- Here, you must register as a new user and provide the following information including Name, Email, Password, and Mobile.
- Once registered, you may access the main application form for a marriage certificate.
- In the form, you are required to provide complete details about the bride and groom.
- It is also compulsory to upload the signature of both the groom and bride in the form.
- Now, you should upload the scanned images of your photograph & Aadhar cards of the groom and bride.
- Next, you may pay the necessary application fee online.
- Finally, take a printout of the form receipt and keep it safe for future reference.
Check: Holidays in Bihar
Marriage Certificate Fee
|Application for Registration of Marriage||Rs. 100/-|
|For recording an objection against a marriage||Rs. 100/-|
|Inquiry Fee||Rs. 200/-|
|For every notice/ summons to a witness for appearance||Rs. 50/-|
|Solemnizing or Registering a marriage after 30 days||Rs. 200/-|
|Fee for a certified copy of a marriage certificate book||Rs. 100/-|
|Registration of marriage in other terms under Sec-15||Rs. 200/-|
|Solemnising a marriage at a private place||Rs. 600/-|
|Solemnising a marriage at a Private place (for marriage officer)||Rs. 25/-|
|Searching fee for current year’s entry||Rs. 50/-|
|Searching fee previous year’s entry||Rs. 100/-|
Documents Required for a Marriage Certificate in Bihar
You only require four documents to apply for this certificate.
- Groom’s Photo
- Goom’s Aadhaar Card
- Bride Photo
- Bride Aadhaar Card
Check the Online Status of your Marriage Certificate
- You can check the status of your Marriage certificate in Bihar by visiting the official website.
- You will have to sign in by providing the username and password generated during registration.
- After signing in, you may check the status of your certificate by entering the acknowledge number of your application form.
Benefits of a Marriage Certificate
Here are some major benefits of a marriage certificate
- This certificate is a legal proof of marriage. You can show it to anyone as proof that you are married to a certain person.
- It is also very helpful in terms of property ownership and inheritance. In simple language, I can say that it helps you get equal rights to the shared property with your partner.
- With this certificate, a couple also becomes eligible to apply for several other benefits like health insurance coverage, pension plans, etc.
- Unfortunately, if the marriage doesn’t succeed and leads to divorce/ separation, this certificate can help you get the child custody and guardianship rights.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, it is necessary to upload the signature of both bride and groom in the application form.
No, this certificate is not mandatory. However, you should get this certificate as proof to make your marriage legal in the eyes of the law.
Yes, you can apply for the same by paying a fee of Rs. 100/-.
You can collect and submit the Bihar Marriage Certificate application form at the registrar’s office of your district.
No, this certificate never expires.