Established in the year 1941, Birla High School Kolkata provides ample opportunities for its students to grow in the field of their interest. The school is affiliated to CBSE and provides classes from Nursery to class 12th level. Please note that it is only for boys school. So, the girl candidates cannot get admission. The school is equipped with all the modern-day facilities to provide the perfect ambiance to study and grow. In this article, we are providing all the necessary details regarding the Birla High School Kolkata.
Birla High School Kolkata Basic Information
|Year of establishment||1941|
|Type school||Private Only for boys school|
|Board of Affiliation||CBSE|
|Mode of application||Offline|
|Size of the campus||8500 sq. meter approx.|
|Address||Birla High School (Junior Section) 1, Moira Street, Kolkata-700017|
|Phone number||+91 33 2287 5281|
|Fax||+91 33 2287 8145|
Birla High School Kolkata Admission Policy
Birla High School is considered as one of the top schools in Kolkata. That’s why a large number of interested parents apply for the admission of their wards every year. Given below is the admission policy of the school-
- To initiate the application process, interested parents need to visit the school campus.
- At the school campus, the application form for the school admission will be available.
- Then, parents need to fill all the necessary details in the application form accurately.
- In the next step, the school will contact the patents of the shortlisted candidates.
- The students will be further short listed after the entrance test/interview.
- It is compulsory to pay the admission fees in order to confirm the admission.
Class 11th Admission
The eligibility criteria for admission to class 11th depend upon the stream of study that the candidate is opting for.
Science Stream (English, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, & Computer Science/ Biology/ Biotechnology/ Economics), optional subject – Hindi or Bengali
- The candidates must have passed the class 10th examination with
- 65% and above in Mathematics
- 65% and above in Science and
- 65% and above in the Aggregate (excluding additional subject)
Commerce Stream (English, Accountancy, Business Studies, Economics/ Informatics Practices/ Psychology, Hindi/ Bengali/ Enterpreneurship/ Physical Education, Mathematics/ Enterpreneurship)
- The candidate should have passed the class 10th examination with
- 57% and above in Mathematics and
- 60% and above in the Aggregate (excluding additional subject)
Humanities (English, History/ Geography, Political Science, Economics/ Psychology, Hindi/ Bengali/ Physical Education, Mathematics/ Sociology)
- The aspirant should have cleared the class 10th examination with
- 65% and above in English,
- 57% and above in Mathematics and
- 55% and above in the Aggregate (excluding additional subject)
Please note that the application form of Birla High School Kolkata admission to class 11th will release in online mode only.
The important documents for admission to Birla High School Class 11th are as follows.
- Coloured photographs of the candidate
- Birth Certificate from the corporation
- Mark Sheet of class X Half Yearly Examination/ Periodic Assessment.
Facilities at Birla High School Kolkata
Over the years Birla High School has curved a niche for itself in the field of education. This is reason why the school is counted amongst the best schools in Kolkata. Some of the state of the art facilities offered by the school are as follows-
- Safe and Secure School Building
- Well-equipped Library
- Staff Rooms
- Conference Room
- Counsellor and Special Educators’ Room
- IT Lab
- Math Lab
- Science Lab
- Yoga Classes
- Karate Classes
- Regular interschool competitions
The timing of the Birla High School are as follows-
- Nursery : Monday – Friday : 8 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- KG : Monday – Friday : 8 a.m. to 12 noon a.m.
- Classes I – V : Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays : 8 a.m. to 1:15 p.m.
Wednesday Timings (Club Day / Activity Based Learning)
- Classes I & II : 8 a.m. to 1:35 p.m.
- Classes III – V : 8 a.m. to 1:40 p.m.
For the holistic development of its students, Birla High School gives equal emphasis to extra-curricular activities as well.
Inter School Activities: Manas Mahotsav, Bharat Katha, Fun On Wheels, etc.
Intra School Activities: Inter House Power Point competition, Intra class English Elocution competitions, Intra class Hindi & Bengali Elocution, Inter House Quiz Competition, etc.
Miscellaneous Activities: Annual Sports meet, Saraswati Puja Celebration, School Excursion, Grandparent’s day, Teacher’s day celebration, Founder’s day celebration, International Day of Music & Yoga, Cubs Investiture Ceremony, etc.
The contact details of the school are as follows
- Address: Birla High School (Junior Section), 1, Moira Street, Kolkata-700017
- Phone: +91 33 2287 5281
- Fax: +91 33 2287 8145
- Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Official website: https://bhs-junior.birlahighschool.com/
Contact Details of other branches
- Address: Birla High School (Senior Section), 1, , Moira Street, Kolkata-700017
- Phone: +91 33 2287 6420/ 9004
- Fax: +91 33 2287 8145/ 2283 5941
- Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
- Official website: www.birlahighschool.com
Through this article, we tried to provide you with the most accurate details related to the Birla High School Kolkata. However, if you think any of the information provided is not correct or needs improvement then we request you to contact us through the comment section. You may also use the comment box to share your feedback and suggestions with us.