Aadhaar is a magnificent service from the government of India. It gives every citizen of India a unique identity. It is a part of the digital India initiative that involves providing benefits to citizens digitally. There is a misconception that downloading an Aadhaar card is not possible without a mobile number.
It is true that having a phone number attached to your Aadhaar card makes downloading the same easier. But, you can download Aadhaar Card without a mobile number as well. In today’s post, we will provide you the step-by-step method by which you can download Aadhaar Card without a registered mobile number.
How to download Aadhaar Card without Registered Phone Number?
There are so many people in India who keep worrying about whether they will be able to download the Aadhaar Card or not. It is so because they have a phone number attached to their Aadhaar Number. We would like to tell such people that there is nothing to worry about. UIDAI has provided a fairly simple method by which you can download Aadhaar Card without a registered phone number. The same is explained below.
- First of all, you need to visit the official website of UIDAI i.e. uidai.gov.in.
- On the home page, you will have to choose the “My Aadhaar” option.
- Then, under the “My Aadhaar” option, you need to tap on the “Order Aadhaar Reprint”,
- After that, you should provide your 12 digit Aadhaar Number/ UID/ Unique Identification Number/ 16 digit Virtual Identification Number/ VID.
- Next, you will have to fill in the security code.
- Tick on the check box available next to the “My Mobile Number is not registered” option in case your mobile number is registered with your Aadhaar card.
- In the next step, you should provide an alternate number that you have access to.
- Choose the “Send OTP” option in the subsequent step.
- Check the box appearing next to “Terms and Condition”.
- Click on the “Submit” button and complete the One Time Password (OTP) verification.
- After that, a new screen with “Preview Aadhaar Letter” for further verification for reprint will display on your screen.
- Tap on the “Make Payment” option on the next screen.
- After the successful payment of the fee is done, a digital signature will be asked to download the PDF format.
- Now, a service request number will be generated through SMS.
- Finally, you can track your SRN status till the Aadhaar Letter is dispatched.
Is it compulsory to have a registered mobile number to use an m-Aadhaar?
m-Aadhaar is an amazing application developed by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) to provide an interface to Aadhaar Number Holders to carry their demographic information viz. Name, Date of Birth, Gender, and Address along with photograph as linked with their Aadhaar Number in smart phones. mAadhaar is more than an Aadhaar card in a wallet. Using the mAadhaar App, the resident can avail of many benefits like Keeping Aadhaar, Paperless e-KYC, Check Request Status Dashboard, update the address in Aadhaar, etc.
Download Maked Aadhaar card
Given below are the important things that you should know if don’t have the registered mobile number.
- It is not necessary to have a registered mobile number in order to use m-Aadhaar. Anyone in India with a smartphone can install and use the m-Aadhaar App.
- You should know that without an Aadhaar registered mobile number residents will be able to avail themselves only a few of the services such as Locate Enrolment Center, Verify Aadhaar, Scanning QR code etc.
- Please note that a registered mobile number is necessary to avail all other adhaar services and Aadhaar Profile services listed under My Aadhaar.
- Citizens can register their profile in an App installed on any smartphone. But, the OTP will be sent to only their registered mobile number.
Answer: Yes, the Aadhaar profile in your phone will get deactivated the moment the same profile is registered in another mobile. Remember, an Aadhaar can be registered only on one device at a time.
Answer: Yes, you can change the phone number linked to an Aadhaar. You will have to visit the Aadhaar center for the same.
Answer: Yes, you can easily download your e-Aadhaar online once your request is approved. To do the same, you need to click on the “Download Aadhaar” on uidai.gov.in.
Answer: Yes, you can update Biometrics (Iris/ Finger Print/ Photograph) in Aadhaar. However, you will have to visit the nearest Permanent Enrolment center for the same.