GEMS American Academy is a part of GEMS Education that believes in pursuing excellence, leading through innovation and growing by learning. Students at the school are therefore encouraged to reflect these values in their lives and are also taught the importance of equality, independence, accountability, individuality, exploration, respect and appreciation. Applications for the 2024-25 school year at GAA will open soon and interested parents can apply for the enrollment of their wards online. Check out detailed information about GEMS American Academy admission 2024-25 here from this article.
Basic Details of GEMS American Academy
Check out some basic information related to the GEMS American Academy:
|Year of establishment||2011|
|Curriculum||American (US) and International Baccalaureate (IB)|
|Type of school||Private, co-ed|
|Grades offered||Pre-K to Grade 12|
|Medium of instruction||English|
|Contact address||Khalifa City A, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates|
|Phone number||600 567 771|
|Email address||[email protected]|
The eligibility criteria for GEMS American Academy admission 2024 for different classes is discussed below:
|Class||Age group (as on 31st August 2024)|
|Pre-K||3 – 4 years|
|KG1||4 – 5 years|
|KG2||5 – 6 years|
|Grade 1||6 – 7 years|
|Grade 2||7 – 8 years|
|Grade 3||8 – 9 years|
|Grade 4||9 – 10 years|
|Grade 5||10 – 11 years|
|Grade 6||11 – 12 years|
|Grade 7||12 – 13 years|
|Grade 8||13 – 14 years|
|Grade 9||14 – 15 years|
|Grade 10||15 – 16 years|
|Grade 11||16 – 17 years|
|Grade 12||17 – 18 years|
GEMS American Academy Admission Process
- To begin the application process, parents need register their wards online using the GEMS Online Student Registration website.
- In the registration form, contact details of the parent/ guardian along with the basic information about the child will be asked.
- After completion of the online application, an enquiry number will be generated that should be noted down for all future correspondence and queries.
- The parents then need to contact the GAA Admissions office with the required documents to complete the enquiry and ensure admission of their child.
The following documents are required to complete the admission process:
- 1 copy of the applicant’s passport
- 1 recent passport size photo of student
- Two most recent years of school reports in English
- Learning support documents related to child’s educational needs, if any
- Completed Confidential School Recommendation Form
- Standardized Tests Results (if available)
- Nursery reports if available (for early years)
- 1 copy of child’s Birth Certificate (in English or Arabic)
- 1 copy of child’s residency visa
- Transfer Certificate (grades 1 and above)
- Child’s and parents’ Emirates ID Card
- Official transcript (Grades 10 through 12)
The following criteria is taken into consideration to shortlist students for GEMS American Academy enrollment:
- Kindergarten (Pre-K, KG1, KG2)- Children should be able to manage bathroom on their own, engage in activities and follow directions, demonstrate age-appropriate motor skill development and express and accept communication skills.
- Grade 1- Applicants for Grade 1 are assessed in basic literacy and numeracy skills. Socio-emotional and behavioral development will be also evaluated.
- Grade 2 to 6- Applicants for Grades 2 to Grade 6 are assessed in literacy and numeracy. The school conducts assessments using the standardized MAP (Measure of Academic Progress) test. English Language proficiency and/or learning skills may also be assessed.
- Grade 7 to 12- Applicants for Grades 7 to Grade 12 are assessed in literacy and numeracy and take the standardized MAP. In addition, students are required to take Math and Writing assessments.
GEMS American Academy Fee Structure
The table below presents an overview of the fee structure for GEMS American Academy. Check it out:
|KG1 & KG2||52,870 Dhs|
|Grade 1 to Grade 12||73,670 Dhs|
Facilities available at GEMS American Academy
Let us have a look at some of the important facilities available at GEMS American Academy:
- 6 cross-discipline science labs suitable for chemistry, physics and biology
- Sports hall with 2 full basketball courts
- Fully equipped weight room
- Sport classrooms, such as dance room and cardio room
- 2 indoor swimming pools
- Outdoor sports pitch
- Running track
- 4 full-sized shaded tennis/basketball courts
- 3 shaded playgrounds
- 500-seat Auditorium
- Band room & Choir room
- Performing Arts rooms
- 2 Recording Studios
- Black Box Theater
- Dance studio
- Student Cafeteria, with Sandwich Station and Live Cooking Station
- Parent Cafe
- 2 libraries
GEMS American Academy Contact Details
Contact address: Khalifa City A, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Phone number: +971 2 2019 555
Email address: [email protected]
Official website: https://www.gemsaa-abudhabi.com/
Frequently Asked Questions
The school offers parents multiple ways through which they can save on their wards’ tuition fee such as via credit card or smiles points.
Bright Bus Transport (BBT), a part of School Transport Services (STS) LLC, offers one of the excellent transport facilities in GEMS.
The school offers enrolment from Pre-K to Grade 12 depending on eligibility of students and vacancy available.
Important details related to the GEMS American Academy are provided in this post. Total care has been taken to make sure that you only get correct details about the school. However, in case you find any discrepancy, you can let us know in the comment section below.