The Indian Army has released the official notification for its 139th Technical Graduate Course (TGC-139). This course will begin in July 2024. It is a golden opportunity for candidates with an engineering degree or equivalent who want to join the Indian Army.
The online application form submission has already started on 27th September 2023. All interested candidates must submit their applications by 26th October 2023. Only male candidates with a degree in engineering can apply for this course. Students who are in the final year of their engineering are also eligible.
Highlights of Indian Army Technical Graduate Entry
|Name of the course||139th Technical Graduate Course (TGC-139)|
|Management Authority||Indian Army|
|Starting date of online application||27th September 2023|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Age Limit||20 years to 27 years|
|Educational Qualification||BE/ B.Tech in relevant Stream|
|Number of vacancies||30|
|Selection Process||SSB Interview|
|Release of the official notification||27th September 2023|
|Starting of online application form submission||27th September 2023|
|Last date to submit the application form||26th October 2023|
|Application fee payment||26th October 2023|
|Release of Admit Card||November 2023|
|SSB Exam||December 2023 – January 2024|
|Result||March/ April 2024|
|Starting of the Course||July 2024|
All candidates must ensure that they meet the following eligibility criteria before submitting the form.
Gender and Marital Status
- Only unmarried male candidates are allowed.
Aspirants with any of the following nationalities can apply.
- A citizen of India
- A subject of Nepal
- Person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, and Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Date of Indian Army Bharti
- The age of a candidate should be 20 to 27 years as of 1 July 2024.
- Candidates born between 02 Jul 1997 and 01 Jul 2004 are eligible.
- Aspirants must have completed an engineering degree course.
- Candidates who are in the final year of an engineering degree course are also eligible to apply.
- Please note that all candidates must submit their engineering degree certificates within 12 weeks from the date of commencement of training at the Indian Military Academy (IMA).
Indian Army Technical Officers Entry Application Form 2024 (How to apply?)
Application forms will be accepted only in online mode through the official website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
- To start the application process, aspirants must choose the Officer Entry Apply/Login option from the homepage.
- Next, click on the registration button.
- At the time of registration, aspirants must provide their basic details like Aadhaar No, Candidate Name, Father Name, Mother’s Name, Date of Birth, Email Address, Mobile Number, etc.
- Once registered, they can sign in and access the main application form.
- After that, candidates must provide their complete educational, personal, and contact details accurately.
- It is also mandatory for candidates to upload scanned images of their photographs, signatures, and relevant educational documents.
- Finally, take a printout of the application submission confirmation page for future reference.
- Please note that there is no application fee for this exam.
The selection procedure of Indian Army TGC 2024 involves the following stages.
- Short Listing of Applications – The integrated HQ of MoD (Army) will shortlist the applications based on the marks scored by candidates in their engineering. Marks up to 3 years will be considered for those students who are currently in their final year.
- Centre Allotment for SSB – After the shortlisting of applications, authorities will inform candidates about their SSB dates through emails.
- SSB Interview – Candidates will be interviewed at any one of the following selection centres – Allahabad (UP), Bhopal (MP), Bangalore (Karnataka), and Kapurthala (Punjab).
- Medical Examination – Those candidates who will clear the SSB Interview need to undergo a medical fitness test.
Check: GK Questions on Indian Army
- The admit card for the SSB exam will be sent to candidates via email.
- Information about the date of SSB exams will be mentioned on the admit card.
- Apart from this, authorities will also send information about the release of admit cards via SMS.
- Candidates may also know about their SSB exam dates through the Indian Army website.
- The SSB Interview will take place across 5 days.
- The first day of the SSB interview consists of a screening test, which includes intelligence and aptitude tests. Candidates who qualify at this stage move on to the next round.
- At the end of the interview, all the candidates are assessed based on their performance throughout the five-day process. Those who meet the required criteria are recommended for further training, while others are not selected.
- After conducting the SSB interview, authorities will prepare a merit list for each engineering stream.
- Candidates getting their names on the merit list will be selected for the course.
- In case two candidates have equal marks in the SSB Interview then the older candidate will get a better merit position.
- Remember, higher educational qualification has no role in the merit list preparation.
Candidates must carry self-attested copies of the following documents for verification.
- Print out of application duly signed and affix with self-attested photograph.
- Matriculation/ Secondary School Examination certificate or equivalent certificate and mark sheet.
- 12th class mark sheet and certificate or Equivalent certificate/ Diploma mark sheet and certificate.
- Engineering Degree/ Provisional Degree issued by the recognised university.
- Marksheets of all semesters/ years.
- Certificate issued by the Controller of Examination/Registrar of the concerned.
Number of Vacancies
|Core Engineering Stream||Engineering Streams||Vacancies|
|Civil||Civil, Building Construction & Technology||07|
|Computer Science||Computer Sc & Engg, Computer Technology, M. Sc. Computer Science, Information Technology||07|
|Electrical||Electrical, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics & Instrumentation, Instrumentation||03|
|Electronics||Electronics, Electronics & Telecom, Electronics & Communication, Fibre Optics, Telecommunication, Micro Electronics & Microwave, Opto Electronics, Satellite Communication||04|
|Mechanical||Mechanical, Production, Automobile, Industrial, Industrial Engg & Mgt, Workshop Technology, Aeronautical, Aerospace, Avionics||07|
|Misc. Engg Streams||Architecture, Plastic, Ballistics, Remote Sensing, Bio Medical, Agriculture, Food Tech, Metallurgical, Metallurgy and Explosive, Laser Tech, Bio Tech, Rubber Technology, Chemical Engg, TransportationEngineering, Mining, Nuclear Technology, Textile.||02|
Frequently Asked Questions
26th October 2023
Yes, you are eligible
Yes, you will be entitled to a stipend after joining the course.
No, there is no application fee.
The document verification will take place at the time of the SSB Interview.