Are you concerned about how to join PARA SF in Indian Army in 2023? Here, I’ll share every fractional detail about PARA and PARA SF selection process, job profile, age criteria, and benefits of joining this special unit.
Parachute Regimen of Indian Army comprises of PARA and PARA (SF) Battalions, which are considered elite volunteer force of Indian Army. Being one of the bravest regiments, it has been awarded with 11 Maha Vir Chakras, 08 Ashok Chakras, 63 Vir Chakras, 106 Shaurya Chakras, 21 Kirti Chakras, and 491 Sena Medals and the list is continue to grow. Tough selection, meticulous training and incessant deployment/ preparation help this special force attain Elite status in Indian Army.
PARA and PARA SF Job Profile
PARA and PARA (SF) Regiments of Indian Army are allotted tasks which are high in demand and truly special in nature and require high level of mental robustness and physical fitness.
In order to carry out the special tasks assigned to them, they have to undergo Specialization Training at the respective battalions after completion of their probation and according to their aptitude. They necessarily have to undergo any of the following specialized training:
(a)Combat Free Fall.
(b)Under Water Diving.
(c) Paramotor Pilot.
(d) IGLA and A/Tk Missile Pilot.
(e) Rock Craft and Ice Craft
Details about IBPS PO salary
Process to Join PARA SF in Indian Army
Here is the complete process explained to join PARA SF in Indian Army:
Eligible candidates who have acquired 50% marks in written test and 100% marks in Physical Fitness tests will be placed in the merit list. They will be asked to exercise an option of joining the ELITE PARA Regiment by AROs just prior to their despatch. They may have to appear for additional tests to get selected for PARA regiment.
Candidates who failed to pass the special screening test, they are still permitted to go back to their parent regiment.
Volunteers are required to take the special test as shared below:
|Test||Std (Candidates have to achieve these stds to get qualify)|
|1. 5KM RUN||20 mins|
|2. Chin Up||14|
|3. Push Up||40 reps in 1 Min|
|4. Sit Up||80 reps in 2 Mins|
|5. Mtr Shuttle||17 times in 01 Min|
All shortlisted candidates will be transferred to PRTC. If a selected candidate fails to achieve requisite training standards at PRTC, they will be transferred to their parent regiment for further training.
The aforesaid test will be organized by the Bd of Offrs of the PRTC at the ARO location/station.
Also check SSC calendar
Indian Army PARA Commando Salary and Other Benefits
The reason why people are eager to know how to join PARA SF in Indian Army is because of its associated prestige and honour that come along with the title of this job. There are also several other benefits of joining PARA SF in Indian Army.
Salary of Para Commando- The pay scale of Para Commando soldier for holding a position of Sepoy is Rs. 17,300/-per month as Special Forces Allowance along with Rs. 6000/-per month in Para Battalion as Para Pay. Apart from this, they are also offered standard army allowance according to the sector where the soldier is deployed.
Exposure with Foreign Armies: Joining PARA and PARA SF also offers soldiers exposure to foreign armies.
You are a complete soldier now– Being a soldier in PARA and PARA SF of Indian Army gives you title A Complete Soldier as you are proficient in one or more skills mentioned below-
- First Aid & Trauma Management
- Language Skills & Cultural Skills
- Combat Survival
- Weapon including Sniping
- Unarmed Combat & PTKE(A Philippians Martial Art
Joining Indian Army is your first step towards joining PARA and PARA SF. If you want to join Indian Army then you can take NDA exam. This exam is conducted twice a year. Let me share some quick highlights of joining Indian Army after clearing the test organized by NDA.
Eligibility Criteria for PARA and PARA SF
You can apply for PARA and PARA SF, if vacancy available, only after joining the Indian Army. NDA exam helps candidates join Indian Army and serve the nation.
Age Criteria: The age of candidates should be in between 16.5 years to 19.5 years.
Marital Status: Only unmarried male candidates are permitted to apply.
Physical Fitness: Candidates must be physically fit if they want to join Indian Army. Your height should be at least 157cm if you would like to join Army, Navy and Naval academy and 162.5cm in case of Indian Air Force.
Indian Army PARA Commando Exam Pattern
You have to pass the NDA exam if you want to join Indian Army. Knowing exam pattern and clearing the test is the first milestone towards your dream of joining the Special Forces.
The exam will be held in offline mode and you’ll find two sections- Mathematics & General Ability. You’ll get 5 hours to complete the exam pattern- 2.5 hours each for Mathematics & General Ability. The negative marking will be applicable in the exam.
|01||Mathematics||300||2 hours 30 minutes|
|02||General Ability Test||600||2 hours 30 minutes|
There will be a SSB interview of 900 marks which leads to final selection of the candidates after completing all other formalities.
How to become a Para (SF) in Indian Army?
There are four major phases you have to go through if you really want to become a Para (SF) in Indian Army.
- The first requirement is joining the Indian Army and finish the basic training modules which may vary based on your role and training centre.
- The second stage includes administrative procedures, where soldiers have to apply for PARA and PARA (SF) and meet the medial requirements.
- The duration of selection and basic SF training for PARA (Air) used to be 28 days which converted to 45 days after 1999 and now it has changed to 90 days. The duration of PARA (SF) is not yet changed- it is still 90 days long. The selection of PARA(SF) takes place twice a year. As probationer has to undergo robust mental and physical tests and this leads to high dropouts. Candidates who failed to achieve the target they go back to their parent regiment. Those who successfully complete the probation they are introduced to the Parachute Regiment. The probation of PARA SF commences in the desert whether candidates have to undergo thorough physical training in desert climate. There is neither a training manual nor a special routine. Probationers have to live without food for four days and they have to lessen water consumption to 1 litre for three days. Along with that, they should be able to move without sleep for 7 days. Probationers have to be excellent navigators in areas where there is no road, network signal, landmarks. Candidates have to further complete a 3-week Basic Parachute Course at the Indian Army’s Parachute Training School in Agra.
- Advanced PARA SF Training- Those are willing to join PARA SF, they need to qualify for PARA (AIR) first. Further, soldiers will undergo a variety of trainings including land navigation and field craft training, weapons handling training, assault and ambush tactics, infiltration, urban warfare, close quarter battle (CQB) training, unarmed combat training, counter-terrorism, and various other courses at different training centres of Indian Defense Forces.
If you have specific concern relating how to join PARA SF in Indian Army then feel free to share it through the comment box below.
46 thoughts on “How to Join PARA SF in Indian Army: Selection Process, Job Profile, Salary & Other Benefits”
Sir me para special forces se mere desh ki seva karna chahta hu per mujhe iski selection ke liye direct bharti ki date pata nahi he mene abhi 10th pass Kiya he 2023 ki exam me meri age 17 ho gai he mujhe sir para special forces me join hona he plz sir aap mujhe all details sent kar do