Joining the Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) is a rigorous process that requires dedication and preparation. The first step is to meet the eligibility criteria which include being a citizen of India and matching the age limit.
Once the eligibility criteria are met, candidates must pass a written exam, a physical fitness test, and a medical examination. It is a matter of pride to join ITBP and protect the borders of our motherland. This is the reason why a large number of candidates apply for various posts in ITBP every year. ITBP offers a challenging but rewarding career that requires dedication and hard work.
ITBP Selection Process
The selection process of ITBP depends upon the post for which you are looking to apply. ITBP releases notifications for numerous types of posts every year. However, there are a few common things in all recruitment processes as explained in the following points.
- Usually, the selection process of ITBP involves the following three stages.
- Written Test
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- Medical Examination/ Document Verification
- A few posts including stenographer, cook, Tailor, etc. also require a skill/ trade test.
- If you are applying for a higher post like an assistant commandant then you will have to appear for the interview as well.
- To be eligible for selection, all candidates must meet the required physical standard criteria i.e. height and weight.
Join ITBP after Class 12th
After completing your class 12th exam, you can apply for posts like Constable, Head Constable, ASI, etc. Check the details of the recruitment for these posts.
ITBP Eligibility Criteria
- ASI (PH/ LT/ RG) – 20 years to 28 years
- ASI (Stenographer)/ Head Constable (CM/ Tele/ MM/ Workshop/ AT/ Cook/ WM/ Barber) – 18 years to 25 years.
- Head Constable (ESC) – 20 years to 25 years
- Constable – 18 years to 23 years
- Constable (Driver) – 21 years to 27 years
Note: Candidates from SC/ ST categories will get relaxations are per the rules.
Educational Qualification for ASI, Head Constable, Constable
|Post||Educational and Other Qualifications|
|ASI (Stenographer)||Intermediate or Senior Secondary School Certificate (10+2) from a recognized Board or equivalent.Dictation – 10 minutes @ 80 w.p.m. Transcription time – 50 Minutes in English or 65 Minutes in Hindi on a computer|
|ASI (Lab Technician)||Must have passed Senior Secondary Certificate (10+2) Examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as subjects from a recognized Board or equivalent.Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology from a recognized institution.One year experience as a Laboratory Technician in Medical Set up.|
|Head Constable (CM)||Intermediate or Senior Secondary School Certificate (10+2) Examination from a recognized Board or University or equivalent.Typing speed – 35 w.p.m. in English or 30 w.p.m. in Hindi only on computer|
|Constable (GD)||Matriculation/10th Pass|
|Constable (Medic)||Passed Matriculation examination with Science from a recognized Board or Institution|
|Head Constable (MW)||Passed the class 10th examination from a recognized Board. Auxiliary Nursing Midwifery Course from a recognized institutionRegistered in Nursing Council of Central/State Govt.|
|Constable (AT)||Matriculation or equivalent from a recognized board.|
|Constable (Cook, Water Carrier, Washer Man, Barber, Safai Karamchari)||10th pass from a recognized Board|
Physical Standard for ASI, Head Constable, Constable
|Post||Height||Chest (For Male Candidates)|
|Male (cm)||Female (cm)||Unexpanded (cm)||Expanded (cm)|
|ASI (Stenographer) & Head Constable (CM)||165||155||77||82|
|ASI (PH), ASI (L.T.) & ASI (RG)||170||150||80||85|
|Head Constable (ESC)||170||157||80||85|
|Constable (GD) / Constable (Cook, Water Carrier, Washer Man, Barber, Safai Karamchari)||170||157||80||85|
Note: ST/ Garhwalis/ Kumaonis/ Gorkhas/ Dogras/ Marathas Candidates and Candidates from the States of Sikkim, Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Tripura, Mizoram, Meghalaya, Assam, Himachal Pradesh and Jammu and Kashmir will get relaxations in height as per the rules.
Method to join ITBP after Graduation
The most popular way to join ITBP after graduation is by applying for ITBP Assistant Commandant Recruitment. Here are the important details regarding the same.
Age Limit for ITBP Assistant Commandant
- The age of a candidate should be less than 25 years. 30 years for SC/ ST candidates.
- Candidates must have completed graduation from a recognized university.
|Height||165 cm||157 cm|
|Weight||Proportionate to height as per medical standards||Proportionate to height as per medical standards|
ITBP Registration Process
The application process for ITBP is explained below.
- First of all, candidates need to register on the official website i.e. itbpolice.nic.in/
- After registration, a unique registration ID and password will be generated.
- Next, candidates need to sign in and access the main application form.
- In the main application form, aspirants have to provide the following details.
- Mobile Number
- Father’s Name
- Mother’s name
- Permanent Address
- Correspondence Address
- Educational Details
- Marital Status
- Category (UR/ SC/ ST/ OBC)
- After entering the details, candidates must upload the following scanned images.
- Photograph – 30 kb to 100 kb in JPEG/ JPG format
- Signature – 15 kb to 30 kb in JPEG/ JPG format
- In the next step, candidates must pay the required application fee.
- Finally, take a printout of the application form submitted for future reference.
Written Test Exam Pattern for ITBP ASI/ Constable/ Head Constable/ Assistant Commandant
Check the ITBP Exam Pattern for the post of ASI/ Constable/ Head Constable/ Assistant Commandant
|ASI (Stenographer) & Head Constable (CM)|
|General Arithmetic & Reasoning (Bilingual)||30||3 Hours|
|General Knowledge (Bilingual)||25|
|Theoretical Knowledge of computer (Bilingual)||10|
|Head Constable (Tele) & Constable (Telecom)|
|General English||20||2 Hours|
|Quantitative Aptitude Test||20|
|General Awareness/General Knowledge||100 Marks||2 Hours|
|Knowledge of elementary mathematics|
|Analytical aptitude & ability to observe and distinguish patterns|
|Basic knowledge of Hindi/English|
|Constable (Electrician/ Plumber/ Mason/ Blacksmith/ Welder/ Carpenter/ Painter)|
|General English (Objective type)||8||1 hour|
|Quantitative Aptitude Test||8|
|Professional Knowledge||160||3 hours|
|General Intelligence, Awareness & Reasoning||40|
Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
ASI (Stenographer/ Pharmacist/Lab Technician/Radiographer), Head Constable (CM/ESC/Telecom/ Master/Workshop/ Engine Driver) & Constable (Telecom/ AT/Medic/Electrician/ Plumber/ Mason/ Blacksmith/ Welder/ Carpenter/ Painter/ Crew/ Workshop/ Tailor/Cobbler/ Gardener/ Cook, Water Carrier/Washer Man/ Barber/Safai Karmchari
|Race||1.6 KM||800 Meter|
|Long Jump||11 feet long jump (three chances)||9 feet long jump (three chances)|
|High Jump||3½ feet high jump (three chances)||3 feet high jump (three chances)|
|Race||5 KM||1.6 KM|
|Long Jump||11 feet long jump (three chances)||N.A|
|High Jump||3½ feet high jump (three chances)||N.A|
Head Constable (Motor Mechanic), Head Constable (Dresser Veterinary), Constable (Driver) & Constable (Motor Mechanic) – For Male Candidates
|Long Jump||11 feet long jump (three chances)|
|High Jump||3½ feet high jump (three chances)|
Check How to Join CRPF
|100 Meters Race||In 16 seconds||In 18 seconds|
|800 Meters Race||In 3 minutes 45 seconds||In 4 Minutes 45 seconds|
|Long Jump||3.5 Meters (3 chances)||3.0 Meters (3 chances)|
|Shot Put (7.26 Kgs)||4.5 Meters (3 chances)||Not applicable|
ITBP Ranks and Salary
Here are the rank-wise pay scale and basic salaries in ITBP.
|Rank||Pay Scale||Basic Salary in Rupees|
|Constable (Driver)||Level-3||Rs. 21700/-|
|Constable (Motor Mechanic)||Level-3||Rs. 21700/-|
|Constable (Pioneer) (Electrician/Plumber/Carpenter/ Mason/Blacksmith/Welder/ Painter)||Level-3||Rs. 21700/-|
|Constable (Telecommunication)||Level-3||Rs. 21700/-|
|Constable (Followers) Cook/ Water Carrier/ Barber/ Washerman/ Safai Karmachari||Level-3||Rs. 21700/-|
|Constable (Tradesman) – Tailor/ Cobbler/ Gardener||Level-3||Rs. 21700/-|
|Constable – Animal Transport||Level-3||Rs. 21700/-|
|Constable – Crew||Level-3||Rs. 21700/-|
|Constable – Workshop||Level-3||Rs. 21700/-|
|Head Constable (Engine Driver)||Level-4||Rs. 25500/-|
|Head Constable (Workshop)||Level-4||Rs. 25500/-|
|Head Constable (Master)||Level-4||Rs. 25500/-|
|Head Constable (Motor Mechanic)||Level-4||Rs. 25500/-|
|Head Constable (Dresser Veterinary)||Level-4||Rs. 25500/-|
|Head Constable (Telecommunication)||Level-4||Rs. 25500/-|
|Head Constable (Education & Stress Counsellor)||Level-4||Rs. 25500/-|
|Head Constable (Midwife)||Level-4||Rs. 25500/-|
|Asstt Sub Inspector (Radio Grapher)||Level-5||Rs. 29200/-|
|Asstt Sub Inspector (Laboratory Technician)||Level-5||Rs. 29200/-|
|Asstt Sub Inspector (Pharmacist)||Level-5||Rs. 29200/-|
|Sub Inspector (Staff Nurse)||Level-6||Rs. 35400/-|
|Sub Inspector (Hindi Translator)||Level-6||Rs. 35400/-|
|Sub Inspector (Overseer)||Level-6||Rs. 35400/-|
|Sub Inspector (Telecommunication)||Level-6||Rs. 35400/-|
|Inspector (Editor)||Level-7||Rs. 44900/-|
|Inspector (Librarian)||Level-7||Rs. 44900/-|
|Inspector (Hindi Translator)||Level-7||Rs. 44900/-|
|Judge Attorney (Assistant Commandant)||Level-10||Rs. 56100/-|
|Assistant Surgeon (Assistant Commandant/Veterinary)||Level-10||Rs. 56100/-|
|Assistant Commandant (Engineer)||Level-10||Rs. 56100/-|
|Deputy Judge Attorney General (Deputy Commandant)||Level-11||Rs. 67700/-|
ITBP Job Description
The Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) is a specialized paramilitary force that is responsible for ensuring the security of India’s borders with Tibet and China. Here are some key points about the job description of an ITBP officer:
- Border Patrolling: ITBP personnel are responsible for patrolling the border areas and ensuring that there is no infiltration from the Chinese side.
- Intelligence Gathering: ITBP officers are trained to gather intelligence on Chinese activities along the border.
- Disaster Management: The personnel of ITBP are also trained in disaster management and are often called upon to provide assistance during natural disasters.
- Mountaineering – The officers from ITBP are trained in mountaineering and are often called upon to rescue stranded climbers in the Himalayas.
- Security – ITBP is responsible for providing security to important installations along the border.
Frequently Asked Questions
Rs. 400/- for Group A posts, Rs. 200/- for Group B posts, and Rs. 100/- for Group C posts.
You may write an email to [email protected].
Yes, it is necessary to create an account.