The Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) is a premier security agency in India. This force works under the central government of India. To join CISF, one needs to appear for the recruitment examination conducted by the agency. UPSC is the authority that conducts the exam for the post of Assistant Commandant in CISF. On the other hand, CISF itself organises the recruitment exam for the rest of the posts.
The recruitment examination for CISF is conducted annually. Those who want to apply must check the eligibility criteria carefully before submitting the application form. The selection process is rigorous, and candidates need to prepare well to succeed in the examination. With determination and hard work, one can become a part of the prestigious CISF and serve the nation with pride.
CISF Selection Process
The selection process for CISF entirely depends on the post for which you are applying. Check out the following points to understand the selection process.
- You can join CISF as an Assistant Commandant, Head Constable, or Assistant Sub Inspector. Notifications of a few other posts are also released by CISF from time to time. However, the number of vacancies in such notifications is usually less.
- For Assistant Commandant, notifications are released by UPSC. The selection process includes a written test followed by an interview.
- Notifications regarding the selection of other posts are released by CISF. The process of selection includes a physical standard test and a written examination.
CISF Eligibility Criteria 2023
Just like the selection process, the eligibility criteria are also different for various posts as explained below.
For Assistant Sub Inspector and Head Constable
- Educational Qualification – Candidates must have completed 10+2 or equivalent from a recognized Board or University before the closing date of receipt of online application forms.
- Age Limit – The age of an applicant should be between 18 to 25 years as of the closing date for receipt of the Online Application form.
- Age Relaxation – Relaxation in the upper age limit will be as per the following rules.
- Schedule Caste and Scheduled Tribe – Up to 5 years in upper age limit.
- Other Backward Class – Up to 3 years in the upper age limit.
- Ex-Servicemen – 3 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the date of reckoning.
- CISF personnel who intend to compete against the vacancies – Up to 35 years of age.
- Physical Standards – The physical standards for Assistant Sub Inspector and Head Constable are as follows.
|For all candidates except for Scheduled Tribes Candidates.||165 cm||155 cm|
|Candidates from the following categories – Garhwalis, Kumaonis, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas and candidates belonging to the states of Sikkim, Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Tripura, Mizoram, Meghalaya, Assam, Himachal Pradesh and Jammu & Kashmir||162.5 cm||150 cm|
|All candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribes||162.5 cm||150 cm|
|Candidates except for Scheduled Tribes Candidates||77-82 Cms. (Minimum expansion 5 cms)||NA|
|Scheduled Tribes||76-81 Cms. (Minimum expansion 5 cms)||NA|
- Content – Tattoos depicting religious symbols or figures and names are allowed.
- Location – Tattoos are allowed only on the inner aspect of the forearm but only on the left forearm.
- Size – The size of the tattoo should be less than ¼ of the particular part (Elbow or Hand) of the body.
Check CISF Raising Day
For CISF Assistant Commandant
- Age Limit – The age of a candidate should be between 20 to 25 years.
- Sex – Both male and female candidates are eligible to apply.
- Educational Qualification – Candidates need to have a bachelor’s degree from a recognised University.
|Better Eye||Worse Eye|
|Visual Acuity unaided (Near vision)||N6||N9|
|Uncorrected visual acuity (Distant vision)||6/6||6/9|
|Refraction||Visual Correction of any kind is not allowed even with glasses|
Check How to join SSB
Disqualification from CISF Recruitment
The following types of candidates are not allowed to take part in the CISF recruitment.
- Those who get married to a person having a spouse living.
- Those candidates who get married even after having a spouse living. However, if such marriages are permissible under the personal law applicable to such persons then CISF will provide an exemption.
- Dismissal from a government service.
CISF Ranks and Promotions
The ranks of CISF personnel are as follows.
- Constable (Lowest Rank Employee)
- Head Constable
- Assistant Sub Inspector
- Sub Inspector
- Subedar Major
Those who get recruited in the officer’s entry scheme (recruited as an assistant commandant through UPSC) will have a different promotion pattern. Here are the details.
|CISF Ranks||Army Ranks||Police Ranks|
|Assistant Commandant (Asst Comdt)||Lieutenant (Level 10)||Deputy Superintendent of Police, IPS, (Junior Time Scale)|
|Deputy Commandant (Dy Comdt)||Major (Level 11)||SP/DCP, IPS (Senior Time scale)|
|Commandant||No Equivalent (Level 12)||SP/DCP, IPS, (Junior administrative Grade)|
|Senior Commandant||Colonel (Level 13)||SSP/DCP, IPS,(Senior Administrative Grade)|
|Deputy Inspector General (DIG)||Brigadier (Level 13A)||Additional C.P, DIG|
|Inspector General (IG)||Major General (Level 14)||IG, Joint C.P|
|Additional Director General (ADG)||Lieutenant General (Level 16)||C.P, ADG|
|Director General (D.G.), CISF||Lieutenant General (Level 17)||Director General of a State Police Force|
CISF Salary Structure
|Rank||Basic Salary||Grade Pay|
|CISF Constable Salary||Rs. 5200 – Rs. 20200||Rs. 2400/-|
|CISF HC Salary (Ministerial) Open Market Candidates||Rs. 5200 – Rs. 20200||Rs. 2400/-|
|Head Constable (Ministerial) Departmental Candidates||Rs.5200 – Rs. 20200||Rs. 2400/-|
|HC Ministerial (LDCE)||Rs.5200 – Rs. 20200||Rs. 2400/-|
|Intelligence Officer in NCB||Rs.9300 – Rs. 34800||Rs. 4600/-|
|Assistant Sub-Inspector (CISF ASI Salary)||Rs.5200 – Rs. 20200||Rs. 4800/-|
|CISF Assistant Commandant||Rs. 56,100 – Rs. 1,77,500||Rs. 5400/-|
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) is one of the largest security forces in India. Here are the key duties and responsibilities of CISF officers.
- Security: CISF officers are responsible for the security of various government and private installations, including airports, seaports, and nuclear power plants.
- Fire safety: CISF constables and officers are trained to handle fire safety equipment and respond to fire emergencies.
- Crowd control: The force of CISF is also responsible for managing crowds and maintaining order at public events.
- Access control: CISF officers perform the duties of checking identification and monitoring access to secure areas.
- Surveillance: CISF personnel use a variety of surveillance techniques to monitor activity and identify potential security threats.
- Investigation – Conduct investigations into security breaches and other incidents.
- Training – Training other security personnel and conducting regular drills to ensure readiness.
- Disaster management – CISF also responds to natural disasters and other emergencies.
- VIP protection – Provide security to VIPs and other high-profile individuals.
- Intelligence gathering – Gather intelligence on potential security threats and share this information with other agencies.
Also Check How to join CRPF
Frequently Asked Questions
It depends upon the post for which you are applying. Generally, the age limit is 18 years to 27 years. Candidates will get age relaxations as per the rules.
It became an armed force on 15th June 1983 after the modification of the CISF Act of 1968.
Yes, women candidates are also eligible for CISF recruitment.
1 thought on “How to join CISF 2023 – Check the Full Form, Selection Process, Eligibility Criteria, Salary, and Duties.”
I love army please joining me