Kerala State Council For Science, Technology, and Environment is the authority responsible for managing Kerala KSCSTE Prathibha Scholarship Scheme 2023. This scholarship is awarded to students of Kerala origin who have qualified meritoriously in the Higher Secondary Examination, for pursuing Undergraduate and Postgraduate degree courses in Basic/ Natural Science in Institutions/ Universities in India. Motivating the aspiring candidates for higher studies and a career in science is the objective of this program.
Those candidates who are looking to apply for this scheme need to fill the application form in online mode. All the important details related to the Kerala KSCSTE Prathibha Scholarship Scheme 2023 are provided in this post.
KSCSTE Prathibha Scholarship Scheme 2023 Important Dates
The tentative dates regarding the Kerala KSCSTE Prathibha Scholarship Scheme 2023 are given in the table below.
|Main Events||Tentative Dates|
|Starting of the application process||Expected soon|
|Last date for the application form submission||To be announced|
|Publication of the provisional rank list March/ April||To be announced|
All the interested candidates must make sure that they meet the following eligibility criteria before filling the application form.
- The candidates should be of Kerala origin
- Aspirants must have qualified Higher Secondary Examination from Kerala.
- Candidates should have cleared the higher Secondary Board Examination with minimum 90% marks or equivalent grade for all subjects put together and a minimum of 90% marks or equivalent grade for all Science subjects put together. (For SC/ST reservation category, the eligibility is stipulated to minimum marks of 80% or equivalent grade for all subjects in total and minimum 80% marks or equivalent grade for all Science subjects in total).
- The candidates must have taken admission for B.Sc. /Integrated M.Sc. / Integrated BS-MS course in Basic or Natural Science in any of the Institutions or Universities in India
The authorities will make the application form for Kerala KSCSTE Prathibha Scholarship School 2023 available in online mode only. Those who want to apply need to submit the application form through the official website only. All the necessary details related to the application process are given below.
- In order to start the application process, aspirants must visit the official portal before the last date stipulated in the official notification.
- On the official website, aspirants have to register by entering their mobile number and email address.
- Next, the candidates can log in using the login credentials generated at the time of registration.
- After that, applicants need to enter the complete educational, personal, and contact details in the application form.
- Apart from the details, candidates also need to upload the scanned images of their photographs.
- The details entered in the application form must be accurate. Otherwise, the application form can get rejected.
- The uploaded image should have the dimensions of 150w x 200H pixels.
- After submitting the application form, an application number will be generated.
- It is also recommended to keep a copy of the application form generated for future requirements.
- There is no application fee in order to apply for the Kerala KSCSTE Prathibha Scholarship Scheme 2023.
Check: Government schemes in India
- The selection of a candidate will be based on the aggregate marks secured for all science subjects in the higher secondary examination.
- Candidates are selected based on the subject groups i.e. Mathematics Sciences, Physical Sciences, and Life Sciences.
- The weightage of different subject groups are as follows.
- Mathematical Sciences: 30%
- Life Sciences: 30%
- Physical Sciences: 40%
- SC/ ST candidates will get a reservation of 10%.
- Girls students will get a reservation of 50%.
- In the case of a tie, the following criteria will be followed in order to rank the candidates.
- Mathematical Sciences Group: Higher secondary marks in the order of Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Computer Science.
- Physical Sciences Group: Higher secondary marks in the order of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology/ Computer Science
- Life Sciences Group: Higher secondary marks in the order of Biology/ Biotechnology/ Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry.
Result and Rank list
- Once the application form submission gets over, the authorities will release the Provisional Rank List.
- The provisional rank list will be uploaded online through the official website.
- The students getting their names in the provisional rank list will then have to upload the scanned images of the following documents.
- Student Data-Sheet, duly signed by the applicant and endorsed by the Head of the Institution where they are admitted for Degree Course.
- Copy of Mark list of Higher Secondary Board Examination- self attested.
- Community Certificate for SC/ST applicants.
- Certificate in proof of ‘Place of Origin’ [Applicant should be of Kerala origin].
- Terms & Conditions”, duly signed.
- E-payment form- in a prescribed format.
- Those candidates who will submit the necessary documents before the last date will get their names in the final rank list.
Amount of Scholarship
The amount of scholarship that selected candidates will get depends upon the courses as given below.
- G. Course/ First 3 years of Integrated P.G. Course
- 1st Year – Rs. 12,000/-
- 2nd Year – 18,000/-
- 3rd Year – 24,000/-
- G. Course
- 1st Year/ 4th Year of Integrated P.G. Course – 40,000/-
- 2nd Year/ 5th Year of Integrated P.G. Course – 60,000/-
Note: In order to get this scholarship at the post-graduation level, candidates must have scored a minimum of 75% marks at the UG course.
- Apart from this, Kerala KSCSTE Prathibha Scholarship Scheme will also offer opportunities for attending Science Enrichment Programmes and summer internships in reputed National and State level R&D institutions in Kerala.
- The total of 8 Pratibha Scholars including two scholars from each disciplines – Biology, Mathematics, Chemistry, and physics will get a chance to participate in summer programmes IISER – Trivandrum.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, the Kerala KSCSTE Prathibha Scholarship Scheme will be provided on the basis of Higher Secondary level marks secured by the candidates.
No, the application form will be accepted in online mode only.
Yes, 50% of the total seats are reserved for the girl students only.
The official contact details are as follows.
Women Scientist Division (WSD)
Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment,
Sasthra Bhavan, Pattom, Thiruvananthapuram – 4
Tel No. + 91-471-2548208, Fax : 0471 2540085, 2534605
E-mail: [email protected]