CR Rao AIMSCS, Hyderabad is the authority responsible for conducting the statistics Olympiad 2023. The objective of this Olympiad is to promote excellence in the field. The candidate must have passed the board’s examination with at least 70% marks in order to appear for the Statistics Olympiad. The application form for this Olympiad will release in online mode only. It is a two-level examination. Toppers in this Olympiad will get attractive prizes. All the information related to the Statistics Olympiad 2023 is provided in this article.
Statistics Olympiad 2023 Schedule
The tentative dates for the Statistics Olympiad 2023 are as follows
|Main Events||Tentative Dates|
|Last date for the submission of application form||3rd week of December 2023|
|First level examination||3rd week of January 2024|
|2nd Level exam||1st week March 2024|
|Result||2nd week of April 2024|
|Prize distribution||Last week of June 2024|
Statistics Olympiad 2023 Eligibility Criteria
It is very important for the candidates to ensure that they meet the following eligibility criteria before filling the application form.
- The candidates must have secured a minimum of B1 or 70% marks in the last academic year in any board examination.
- This competition is conducted at two levels.
- Junior Level: Students who are presently studying Class IX and X
- Senior Level: Students who are presently studying Class XI, XII and degree 1st year
Statistics Olympiad 2023 Application Form
The application form of statistics Olympiad 2023 will release in online mode only. Those who want to apply need to fill and submit the application form through the official website. Complete details related to the application process are given below.
- To begin the application process, aspirants need to visit the official website and register themselves.
- During registration, they have to provide some of their basic details like name, email address, and phone number.
- Next, aspirants have to sign-in using the login credentials generated at the time of the registration in order to access the application form.
- In the main application form, aspirants need to provide their complete academic, personal, and contact details.
- The details entered in the application form must be accurate. Otherwise, the application form might get rejected.
- Apart from the details, it is also compulsory for the aspirants to upload their photograph in the application form.
- The application form must be submitted along with the required registration fee.
- It is also recommended to take a printout of the application form submitted for future requirements.
- The application fee is Rs. 100/- for all the candidates.
Mode of the payments
- The application fee can be paid online. Complete details for the online application fee payment are as follows.
- Account Name: Director, C R Rao Advanced Institute of Mathematics Statistics and Computer Science.
- Account No. 4106000100034593, Punjab National Bank, Hitech City Branch
- IFSC Code PUNB0410600
Note: Aspirants have to enter the transaction number in the application form in case of paying the application fee online.
- The application fee can also be paid in offline mode using a demand draft. The Demand Draft must be drawn in favour of “Director, CR Rao AIMSCS” payable at “Hyderabad” and DD Number should be entered in the application form.
- In case of offline an application fee payment through a Demand Draft, the DD along with the application form should be sent to the following address by demand draft.
CR Rao AIMSCS, University of Hyderabad Campus, Prof CR Rao Road, Gachibowli,
Statistics Olympiad 2023 Exam Pattern
Those students who are preparing for the Statistic Olympiad must know the exam pattern. The pattern of Statistics Olympiad 2023 is given below.
- Mode of examination: Offline
- Type of questions: Descriptive type questions.
- Number of questions: 10
- Language of questions: English only
- Duration of the examination: 3 hours
- Once the application form submission gets over, authorities will screen the applications and release the admit card.
- The admit card will be released online on the official website. To download the same, candidates have to enter their Stat registration ID.
- Candidate has to bring 2 (two) copies of the admit card with photograph affixed, Xerox copy of the school identity card and Xerox copy of the marks memo displaying the marks(or grades) obtained in the previous class studied during the academic year.
- No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall with the admit card and other required documents.
As per the previous year’s notification, the Statistics Olympiad will take place at the following centres.
- Silchar – Dr M.Naresh Babu, Assistant Professor, Department of CSENational Institute of Technology, Silchar Cachar District, As-sam, Pincode: 788010
- Nashik, KTHM College – Mrs Sangita Shankar Pangavhane Statistics department KTHM College Gangapur Road, Nashik – 422002. Maharashtra
- Hanamkonda – Mr Thoufeeq, Vice Principal, Raman High School, Hanamkonda
- Nalgonda – Dr S. Upender Assistant Professor of Mathematics Nagarjuna Government College (A), Nalgonda, Telangana
- Port Blair – Mr Ramesh Kumar Govt Model Senior Secondary School, Aberdeen Bazaar, Port Blair P.o. Aberdeen
- Kolkata -Dr.Subhamoy Maitra Professor ISI Kolkata
- Gangtok – Ms.SushmaTrikhatri Coordinator, School education, Deorali Girls Senior Secondary School Gangtok
- Thiruvananthapuram – Dr E. I. Abdul Sathar Department of Statistics University of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.
- Lucknow – Dear Dr Shashi Bhushan, Head of the Department of Statistics DSMNRU, Lucknow
- Karimnagar – Arvintree High School, Vasudeva Colony, Bhagath Nagar, Near Sivalayam, Karimnagar-001
- Baroda – Dr.Vipul a Kalamkar, Professor and Head, Department of Statistics, MS University of Baroda, Gujarat
- Mangalore- Sahyadri college of engineering, Mangalore
- Delhi – ITO School, Delhi
- Chennai – Principal, PS Senior Secondary School, Alarmel Mangapuram, Mylapore, Chennai – 600004
- Bangalore – ITI CBSE School, Doorvaninagar, Banglore – 560016
- Pune – HoD, Statistics Dept., Modern College of Arts, Science & Commerce, Shivaji Nagar, Pune – 411005
- Aurangabad – Govt College of Arts & Science, Aurangabad
- Kakinada – Aditya Degree College, Lakshmi Narayana Nagar, Kakinada
- Mumbai – Elphinstone College, 156, Mahatma Gandhi Road, Opposite Jahangir Art Gallery, Fort, Mumbai – 400032
- Kurnool – St Joseph`s College, Kurnool
- Guntur – Top Kids School, Adavitakellapadu, JKC Road, Guntur-522006
- Tirupathi – Department of Statistics, S V University, Tirupathi
- Vijayawada – V R Siddhartha Engineering College, Kanuru, Vijayawada
- Khammam – Sri Vivekananda Vidyaniketan, Mamillagudem, Khammam District, Telangana-507003
- Warangal – Trinity High School, Laxmipur, Thimmapur X Road, Via Rangahaipet, Warangal Dist. Telangana
- Vishakhapatnam – Sri Prakash Vidyaniketan, NRI Hospital, North Extension, BalayyaSastri Layout, Seethammadhara, Visakhapatnam
- Hyderabad – C R RAO AIMSCS, University of Hyderabad Campus, Gachibowli, Hyderabad-46 & ST. ANN’S COLLEGE FOR WOMEN, Mehdipatnam, Hyderabad – 500 028
- Srilanka – IASSL, Sri Lanka
Statistics Olympiad 2023 Result
- The result of Statistics Olympiad 2023 will be updated online through the official website.
- Please note that the result will be uploaded in the form of a PDF file.
- The PDF file of the result will contain the following information – Stat ID, Rank, Name, School/ College, Centre.
- Successful candidates will then be invited to the prize distribution ceremony.
The awards to be distributed in this Olympiad are as follows.
- Top 3 students from each level will get the C R Rao and C. Bhargavi Rao Prizes of Rs. 15,000, Rs. 10,000 and Rs. 7,000.
- Apart from this, top fifteen students from each level will get merit certificates during the same function.
Frequently Asked Questions
The application forms will be released online through the official website.
It is an offline exam in which descriptive type questions will be asked.
Total of 10 questions will be asked in the examination.
No, the application fee is the same for all the candidates i.e. Rs. 100/-.