Delhi Public School, Vasant Kunj is a co-educational private school in Delhi. It is managed by the renowned Delhi Public School Society. This school was established in the year 1991 and it is affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). Currently, there are more than 4000 students enrolled in DPS Vasant Kunj. The facility of a hostel is also available in this school. The authorities invite application form for admission to nursery, 1st class and 11th class every year. For the rest of the classes, new admissions are subjected to the availability of seats.
DPS Vasant Kunj School Summary
|Year of establishment||1991|
|Type of School||Co-educational, Private School|
|Board of Affiliation/ curriculum||CBSE|
|Managing Authority||Delhi Public School Society|
|Starting of the Nursery Application process||In December Every year|
|Beginning of the Application process for 11th class||Every year in May|
|Number of Students||4000+ (approx.)|
|Grades offered||Nursery to 12th|
|Important Documents for Nursery Admission||· Residence Proof|
· Birth Certificate issued by Municipal Corporation
· Latest Identity Card (RFID) and Latest Fee Bill having parents name and the address of the sibling issued by the school office (for siblings)
· Copy of the passing certificate of AISSCE (Class X / XII) issued by CBSE. (for alumni)
· Valid legal proof of parent’s marital status (for single parents)
Delhi Public School, Vasant Kunj Nursery Admission
The school follows the guidelines of the Directorate of Education, Government of Delhi while offering the admission. Due to its world-class educational environment, DPS Vasant Kunj is considered one of the top schools in Delhi. Interested parents can check the important details related to the nursery admission process given below.
Seats Available for Nursery and Class 1st Admission
- Nursery – 200 seats
- General Category – 100 (50% seats)
- Management Category – 40 (20% seats)
- Staff Category – 10 (5% seats)
- EWS & Disadvantaged Category: 50 (25% seats)
- 1st Class – 52 seats
- General Category – 26 (50% seats)
- Management Category – 10 (20% seats)
- Staff Category – 03 (5% seats)
- EWS & Disadvantaged Category: 13 (25% seats)
Note: The number of seats can increase or decrease every year
- Pre-School ( Nursery): 3 to 4 years
- Pre Primary (Prep.): 4 to 5 years
- Class – I: 5 to 6 years
How to Apply?
- The application form for nursery admission will release in online mode.
- Parents have to fill all the details in the application form correctly.
- Generally, the application forms are made available in December.
- To submit the application form, the parents also need to upload the scanned images of the relevant documents like birth certificate, etc.
- Students are selected based on the grade points that they get out of 100.
- The school allots grade points according to various parameters as given below.
- Neighborhood: 40 points
- Sibling: 30 points
- School Alumni: 25 points
- Single Parents: 5 points
|Parameters||Detailed Specification of Parameters||Net Grade Points|
(40 Grade Points)
|0 – 10 km (by aerial distance between the school and residence of the applicant.)||40 points|
|10.1 – 15 kms||30 points|
|Beyond 15 kms||20 Points|
|Sibling (30 points)||In case of a real brother/sister currently studying at DPS Vasant Kunj only||30 points|
|School Alumni (25 points)||Child’s Father is from DPS||10 points|
|Child’s Mother is from DPS||10 points|
|Both parents are from DPS||20 points|
|Both parents are from DPS, Vasant Kunj||25 points|
|Single Parents (5 points)||Widow/ Widower / Legally Divorced parent only||5 points|
Admission to class 11th
- The school usually publishes the application form for class 11th admission in May.
- Interested candidates can collect the application form from the school’s office.
- An application form can also be downloaded from the school’s website.
- The duly filled application form should be submitted at the admission office of the school before the last date.
- Science Stream: Students must have 80 % marks (English, Maths & Science) in class X board exam.
- Commerce and Humanities Stream: Candidates scoring 80 % marks (Aggregate) in class X Board exam can apply.
- The school will conduct an entrance exam and interview to select the aspiring candidates
- For science stream, the entrance exam will be of 2 hours duration. It will consist of questions from English (Language only), Maths and Science.
- For Commerce and Humanities Stream, the duration of an exam will be 1 hour and 30 minutes. The test will comprise of questions from English (Language only) and Maths.
Subjects offered in class 11th
- Science (Medical): English, Physics, Chemistry, Maths/ Psychology, Biology
- Science (Non-medical): English, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Economics / Comp. Science
- Commerce: English, Business Studies, Maths./ Psychology/ Fashion Studies, Economics, Accountancy
- Humanities: English, Pol. Science / Fine Arts, Psychology/ Maths/ Fashion Studies, History / Legal Studies, Economics / Geography
The magnificent facilities offered by DPS Vasant Kunj makes it one of the best schools in India. A few of these facilities are given below.
- School Clinic
- Transport Facility
- Career Counselling
- Tours and Trips
- Cultural events and co-curricular activities.
Also Read: Best Schools in South Delhi
DPS Vasant Kunj Contact Details
- Address: Sector-C, Pocket-V, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi-110070
- Phone Number: + 91-11-43261200
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Official Website: www.dpsvasantkunj.com
In this post, we tried our level best to provide you with the most accurate information related to the DPS Vasant Kunj. In case you find discrepancy then you can inform us through the comment section for correction.