Ram Charan belongs to a family with a very strong background in Telugu cinema but the stardom that the actor has achieved is purely on his own talent. Ram Charan has been in the industry for around 15 years now and has never once looked back in his career. Over the years, he has given numerous hits to Telugu and Indian cinema. With his recent superhit movie RRR, Ram Charan has now become an international name, getting nominations for several reputed international awards. Not only popular but Ram Charan is also one of the richest actors in south Indian cinema. In this article, interesting details such as Ram Charan net worth 2023, personal life, best movies, etc have been provided.
Ram Charan Net Worth
|Net worth (2023)
|$175 million (est.)
|Net worth in rupees (2023)
|Rs. 1400 crores (est.)
|Highest grossing movie
|RRR ($160 million or Rs. 1300 crores)
Ram Charan Personal Biography
Ram Charan was born on 27 March 1985 in Chennai, Tamil Nadu to Surekha and Chiranjeevi. His father Chiranjeevi is also a superstar of Telugu cinema while his mother is a housewife. Ram Charan has two sisters Sushmitha and Sreeja. Sushmitha is a costume designer. Charan has learned acting from Kishore Namit Kapoor’s acting school in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
Ram Charan is married to Upasana Kamineni since June 2012 and the couple is expecting their first child together. Kamineni is the vice-chairman of Apollo Charity and Chief Editor of B Positive magazine and the granddaughter of Prathap C. Reddy, the Executive Chairman of Apollo Hospitals.
|Konidela Ram Charan Teja
|Actor, film producer, entrepreneur
|2007 – present
|Date of birth
|27 March 1985
|Place of birth
|Madras, Tamil Nadu, India
|St. Mary’s College, Hyderabad
|Upasana Kamineni (2012 – present)
|Surekha (mother) Chiranjeevi (father)
|Varun Tej, Allu Arjun
Ram Charan made his debut with the action film Chirutha in 2007. He earned a lot of praise for his performance in the movie and soon after the release of his second film Magadheera (2009), Charan established himself as one of the leading actors in Tollywood (Telugu cinema). In 2013, he made his debut in Hindi cinema with movie the Zanjeer (a remake of the 1973 film of the same name) alongside Bollywood star Priyanka Chopra. However, this movie was a major flop and Charan decided not to feature again in a Hindi film.
Also Check Kamal haasan Networth
Charan received numerous accolades including his second Filmfare Award for Best Actor – Telugu for his 2018 period action-drama film Rangasthalam. His most recent movie RRR released in 2022 revolutionized not only Telugu but Indian cinema with the praises it received from audiences all over the globe.
Best movies of Ram Charan
Let’s check out some of the must-watch movies in which Ram Charan has appeared.
|Year of release
|Govindudu Andari Vaadele
|Bruce Lee – The Fighter
Ram Charan & Success of RRR
RRR starring Ram Charan and N.T. Rama Rao Jr. is an epic action drama film directed by S.S. Rajamouli that was released in 2022. The movie got wide acclaim for its direction, writing, performances, soundtrack and visual effects among others. The most expensive Indian film to date, RRR set multiple box office records not only for Indian cinema but in international cinema as well. The immense success of RRR established Ram Charan’s name and fame in the international media.
Interesting facts about Ram Charan
- He is the grandson of legendary comedian Allu Ramalingaiah, son of Megastar Chiranjeevi, nephew of actor-politician Pawan Kalyan and cousin of actor Allu Arjun.
- He is popular among his fans and in the media as the “Mega Power Star”.
- Charan is the founder and owner of the polo team Ram Charan Hyderabad Polo Riding Club.
- An equestrian, he knows how to ride horses himself as well.
- In 2013, Ram Charan was ranked #69 on India’s Forbes list with earnings of INR 1.26 billion.
- In 2009, Charan became a spokesperson for Pepsi’s advertisement campaigns.
- Ram Charan is a major philanthropist and often organizes blood donation camps.
- He has been featured in GQ India’s Best Dressed Men list in 2016.
- in Times’ 50 Most Desirable Men Charan was ranked twelfth in 2012, twenty-third in 2013, thirtieth in 2014 and thirty-eighth in 2015.
- His movie RRR became the first Telugu film to receive nominations at the Golden Globe Awards.
Ram Charan on Social Media
Frequently Asked Questions
Rs. 1400 crores (approx.)
Good Morning America
Complete care has been taken to provide you with genuine details in this article. However, in case of any discrepancy, you can let us know in the comment section.