For the past few years, Bollywood has been struggling to deliver good movies. Those who love to watch great films are now focusing on regional cinema, especially south Indian movies. When we think of the most popular actors in South India, a few names may come to our minds. All of these actors are stars in their own right.
These top actors are the ones who always bring a crowd to theaters due to their amazing fan following. In this article, you will know about the top ten South Indian actors in 2023, who are the top ones in their field
List of Top 10 Richest South Indian Actors 2023
Gone are the days when the south Indian movie industry used to make masala movies only. Today, their movies usually address social issues and are more focused on the lives of the common man. Here is the list of the best South Indian Actors
|Rank||Name of the Actor||Net Worth|
|1||Rajinikanth||Rs. 470 Crore|
|2||Kamal Haasan||Rs. 410 Crore|
|3||Joseph Vijay||Rs. 210 Crore|
|4||Prabhas||Rs. 180 Crore|
|5||Allu Arjun||Rs. 170 Crore|
|6||Ram Charan||Rs. 160 Crore|
|7||Jr. NTR||Rs. 150 Crore|
|8||Ajith Kumar||Rs. 130 Crore|
|9||Chiranjeevi||Rs. 100 Crore|
|10||Mahesh Babu||Rs. 90 Crore|
Best Actors in South India List
Rajinikanth – Rs. 430 Crore
- Overview – If you are a fan of south Indian movies then you can probably write a novel on Rajinikanth and his life. He is the one who changed the face of Tamil cinema. He is known for his action, comedy, and for playing larger-than-life roles. His films have been a huge success worldwide and he has won several awards for his acting.
- Age – 72 Years
- Top Films – Padikkadavan, Mr. Bharath, Thalapathi, Annamalai, Chandramukhi, Enthiran, 2.0
Kamal Haasan – Rs. 410 Crore
- Overview – Kamal Haasan is a well-known Indian actor who has appeared in more than 150 films. He is best known for his work in the Tamil film industry but has also appeared in Hindi, Telugu, Malayalam, and Kannada language films. Apart from his acting, he is also appreciated for his social activism.
- Age – 68 Years
- Top Films – Swathi Muthyam, Nayakan, Dasavathaaram, Vishwaroopam, and Vikram
Joseph Vijay – Rs. 210 Crore
- Overview – Joseph Vijay is a Tamil film actor, who has worked in Tamil and other regional South Indian films. According to reports, Vijay charged Rs. 100s crore for his movie “Beast”. His fans call him “Thalapathy”. He has won several awards for his movies including a South Indian International Movie Award.
- Age – 49 Years
- Top Films – Vasantha Raagam, Nerrukku Ner, Thulladha Manamum Thullum, Thirumalai, Vettaikaaran
Check: Richest Indian Actors
Prabhas – Rs. 180 Crore
- Overview – If you have watched Baahubali then you might know Prabhas. Born to a Telugu family, Prabhas is one of the most sought-after actors in the South Indian film Industry. He has been known to be versatile and able to play a variety of characters with ease.
- Age – 43 Years
- Top Films – Darling, Mirchi, Baahubali: The Beginning, Baahubali 2: The Conclusion, Adipurush
Allu Arjun – Rs. 170 Crore
- Overview – Allu Arjun is best known for his works in Telugu cinema. He is one of the biggest stars in Tollywood. His notable films include Pushpa. This movie gave him recognition in north India as well. Arjun is also an amazing dancer.
- Age – 41 Years
- Top Films – Arya 2, Rudhramadevi, DJ: Duvvada Jagannadham, Ala Vaikunthapurramuloo, Pushpa: The Rise
Ram Charan – Rs. 160 Crore
- Overview – Ram Charan is one of the most celebrated actors in South India. He has won several awards for his acting and his recent performance in the film “RRR” was critically acclaimed. He is the son of actor Chiranjeevi. Ram Charan is the recipient of many awards including three Filmfare Awards and two Nandi Awards.
- Age – 38 Years
- Top Films – Racha, Naayak, Yevadu, Govindudu Andarivadele, Dhruva, and RRR
Jr. NTR – Rs. 150 Crore
- Overview – Nandamuri Taraka Rama Rao Jr. is one of the most famous names in the Telugu film Industry. Since 2012, he has been featured in Forbes India Celebrity 100 list. He is the son of popular film actor and politician Nandamuri Harikrishna. Rama Rao is also a trained Kuchipudi dancer. He has received two Filmfare Awards, two state Nandi Awards, and four CineMAA Awards.
- Age – 40 Years
- Top Films – Simhadri, Rakhi, Adhurs, Baadshah, Temper, Jai Lava Kusa, and RRR
Read: World’s Richest Actors
Ajith Kumar – Rs. 130 Crore
- Overview – Ajith Kumar is a South Indian actor who is widely recognised for his performance in the Tamil film industry. He has been nominated for several Filmfare Awards, the most prestigious award in Indian cinema. He is married to Shalini, a famous South Indian actress. Ajith Kumar has also garnered attention for his controversial comments on politics.
- Age – 52 Years
- Top Films – Kadhal Kottai, Aval Varuvala, Kaadhal Mannan, Amarkalam, Vaali, and Varalaru.
Chiranjeevi – Rs. 100 Crore
- Overview – Chiranjeevi has been a popular actor in South India for the past thirty years. He has starred in over 100 films and has also worked with many well-known directors in South India as well as in Bollywood. In 2006, he was awarded the Padma Bhushan by the Government of India for his contribution to the field of art.
- Age – 68 Years
- Top Films – Gharana Mogudu, Aapadbandhavudu, Swayamkrushi, Yamudiki Mogudu, etc.
Mahesh Babu – Rs. 90 Crore
- Overview – Mahesh Babu is one of the most successful actors in South Indian Cinema. He is the younger son of the popular Telugu actor Krishna. Born in the year 1975, Mahesh Babu worked as a child artist in the movie Needa in 1979. Today, he is one of the best actors in the industry with eight Nandi Awards, five Filmfare Telugu Awards, four SIIMA Awards, three CineMAA Awards, and one IIFA Utsavam Award.
- Age – 48 Years
- Top Films – Murari, Okkadu, Dookudu, Maharshi, Pokiri, Sarileru Neekevvaru, and Sarkaru Vaari Paata.
Frequently Asked Questions
Mani Ratnam. He has 4 filmfare awards and 6 filmfare south awards.