Reserve Bank of India conducts the RBI Security Guard Exam to recruit eligible candidates for the position of a security guard. Those who are looking to apply should know and understand RBI Security Guard salary. The starting basic pay for RBI Security Guard is Rs 10,940/- and it gradually increases over the years.
Apart from the salary, the RBI security guard salary package also includes various parks. Some of the major allowances and benefits are “Dearness Allowance, House Rent Allowance, Local Compensatory Allowance, Transport Allowance, Washing Allowance, etc.”
RBI Security Guard Recruitment 2023 Overview
|Name of the Department||Reserve Bank of India|
|Positions Offered||Security Guard|
|Number of Vacancies||241 (As per the previous notification)|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Location of the job||PAN India|
|Selection Process||Online Test, Physical Efficiency Test, Document Verification, and Biometric Verification|
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Language of Exam||English and Hindi|
|Marking Pattern||Each Question will carry one mark with no negative marking|
Also check: How to Become a Garud Commando
RBI Security Guard Salary Structure in 2023
The RBI Security Guard will draw a basic salary of Rs. 10940/- on a government pay scale of 10940-380 (4)-12460- 440(3) -13780 520(3)-15340-690 (2)-16720- 860(4)- 20160- 1180 (3)- 23700 (20 years).
Initially, the basic salary will be Rs. 10940/- and it will increase by Rs. 380/- per year for the first four years. Then, by Rs. 440/- per year for the next three years.
In simple words, we can say that all selected candidates for this post of Security Guard under RBI receive a basic salary range between Rs. 10,940 to Rs. 23,700.
Also check: UPPSC AE Salary
Here is the RBI Security Guard pay scale structure
|Years of Service||Increment||Salary|
|0||Initial Salary||Rs. 10,940/-|
|After 4 years||Rs. 380 x 4 + Basic Salary||Rs. 12,460/-|
|After 7 years||Rs. 440 x 3 + Salary after 4 years||Rs. 13780/-|
|After 10 years||Rs. 530 x 3 + Salary after 7 years||Rs. 15,340/-|
|After 12 Years||Rs. 690 x 2 + Salary after 10 years||Rs. 16,720/-|
|After 16 Years||Rs. 860 x 4 + Salary after 12 Years||Rs. 20,160/-|
|After 19 Years||Rs. 1180 x 3 + Salary after 16 Years||Rs. 23,700/-|
Benefits and Allowance Given to RBI Security Guards
There are many monthly allowances given to the security guards who work for the Reserve Bank of India. These allowances are provided in addition to the basic salary. All candidates who will get selected for the security guard position will get these allowances. Here is the list of allowances.
- Dearness Allowance – 21% of the basic salary
- Transportation Allowance
- House Rent Allowance – 10% of the basic salary
- Personal Fixed Allowance
- Local compensatory allowance – 3% to 5% of the basic salary based on the job location.
- Shift Allowance
- Special functional allowance
- Grade allowance
- Washing Allowance
Other Perk and Benefits
In addition to the allowances mentioned above, an RBI employee is also entitled to get the following benefits. Please note that most of these allowances are subject to availability.
- Accommodation (Subject To Availability)
- Reimbursement of educational expenses
- Interest-Free Loan
- Reimbursement of newspaper bills, cost of spectacles, house furnishing and book grant.
- Car insurance, GSLI, conveyance allowance etc. will be reimbursed based on the eligibility of the individual.
- Dispensary Facility
- Reimbursement of medical expenses for hospitalisation/ OPD treatment on the basis of eligibility
- Festival Bonus
- Leave Rent Concession (For self, spouse and other eligible dependents).
- Loans and advances at concessional interest rates for housing, education, cars, personal computers and consumer goods.
- RBI Security Guards are also covered under the ‘Defined Contribution New Pension Scheme (NPS)’.
Also check: how to join NSG Commando
In-hand salary is the amount of money that RBI Security Guards receive in their hand at the end of a month.This is the amount we get after deducting the taxes and adding allowances to the basic salary. You can check a dummy RBI Security Guard Salary Slip given below.
|Basic Salary||Rs. 10940/- to Rs. 23700/-|
|CCA||Rs. 328/- to Rs. 1185/-|
|DA||Rs. 2297/- to Rs. 4977/-|
|HRA||Rs. 1094/- to Rs. 2370/-|
|Grade Pay||Rs. 840/-|
|PF (10% of the Basic)||Rs. 1094/- to Rs. 2370/-|
|NPS (10% of Basic + DA)||Rs. 3391/- to Rs. 7347/-|
|Income Tax||As per the government tax slab|
|Total In Hand Salary After Deductions||Rs. 21500/- to Rs. 25600/- (Approx)|
RBI Security Guard Probation Period
The RBI Security Guard Probationary Period is a 2-year period during which the new guard will have to prove his or her worth. The probationary period is designed to make sure that new guards are up to the task of protecting the RBI.
During the probationary period, new guards will be required to complete certain tasks and have regular meetings with the head of security.
Please note that the 2 years probation period also includes 15 weeks of training at Reserve Bank Staff College.
Job Profile and Duties
- As an RBI Security Guard, you would be responsible to protect the person, building and properties associated with RBI.
- You would also need to monitor the alarms and surveillance systems of the premises.
- In case you find anything disputable then you should write and report it to the higher authorities.
- You will be the first point of contact in case of an emergency on the property.
- A security guard must be able to communicate with people in the local language.
- Watch for and prevent theft, vandalism, and other criminal activity.
- Serve as a first line of defence against intruders or hostile individuals.
- Help evacuate people from the building in case of emergency
- You may also need to provide CPR and First Aid.
Also check: IBPS PO Salary
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, this recruitment is for ex-servicemen only.
Yes, you can avail of the same. However, your in-hand salary will reduce because of this.
You can download the same through the RBI portal.
In such a case, you need to leave the job.