Tarunotsava Programme is a unique program initiated by the Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS). Under this program, the school tries to utilize the long gap after class 10th board exam in engaging students in various activities in studies and sports. The basic aim of this scheme is to develop an institutional mechanism to keep class X children connected with studies and school with avenues of pursuing hobbies by engaging coaches.
Indian educational system especially under the Central board of secondary education (CBSE) provides a long gap to the students after giving the class 10th exam. Many a time, it is observed that this gap disconnects the students from the school and studies. By launching the “Tarunotsava” program, Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS) tries to keep up the interest of students towards the school and academics.
Key points and objectives of Tarunotsava Programme
Given below are the primary objectives and features of the Tarunotsava program by the Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS).
- Tarunotsava is a month-long program including various activities to keep the students meaningfully engaged with the school.
- Students can enroll in this program by submitting a proper NOC undersigned by the parents.
- By parent’s permission, students who appeared for the class 10th exam will be able to engage themselves in activities such as language skill improvement, hobbies/ skills, focus, and personality development.
- The Tarunotsava program will give an idea to the students about what they will be studying in the Class 11th.
Activities under Tarunotsava by KVS
Broadly, the activities under the Tarunotsava are classified under the four parts as given below.
- Language Skills: These activities focus on improving the language skills of the students. This will not only help them in class 11th but also in the future in becoming a professional.
- Career Guidance and Counseling: To help the students decide and aim what they want to become in the future, KVS will also organize career guidance and counselling by trained professionals.
- Hobby/ Skill development: The students are also encouraged to participate in various hobbies and skill development activities including drama, film making, sports, etc. For sports enthusiasts, the school will also arrange special sports coaching.
- Foundation of Class XI: This module is to let students understand and strengthen the competencies that will be required in class 11th in subjects like mathematics, physics, etc. In these classes, the school will let the students know what they will be studying in the 11th