Today, no email service can match the popularity of Gmail. It has millions of active users increasing rapidly every single day. The reason why Gmail is popular is that it works smoothly most of the time with all kinds of devices. You can use it easily with devices like Windows PC, Android, iPhone, iPad, etc.
Despite all its benefits we still can’t say that Gmail is absolutely perfect. It is so because every now and then we can see users complaining about issues like Gmail not working on Windows/ Android/ iOS, etc.
There are numerous factors that can cause Gmail to malfunction. The good this is that you can rectify most of the issues with ease by following some general troubleshooting factors. Here, we will let you know about the steps that you may follow to resolve such a problem.
Common Gmail Errors and Problems
When we talk about Gmail not working, we talk about a collective term for a large number of issues. In fact, there are many technical and non-technical errors that can cause a lot of trouble for Gmail users. We have compiled a list of some of the most common Gmail problems as listed below.
- Gmail Not opening
- Gmail account stopped working
- Not able to receive emails in Gmail
- Not able to sign in to Gmail account
- Gmail not syncing
- Gmail unable to send email
- Can’t open Gmail on my iPad
- Not able to send attachments in Gmail
- Unable to reset Gmail password
- Not able to send emails from Gmail
- Unable to recover Gmail account
- Unable to access Gmail on iPhone
- Gmail IMAP/ POP settings not working
- Forgot Gmail password
We have provided the list of above just to give you some suitable examples of problems that you can face. The fact is that there are many more issues that you might have to deal with while using Gmail.
Fix Gmail not working on Windows PC
To start the proceeding, we will discuss solutions to fix the Gmail account that is not working on Windows PC.
- First and foremost, you need to make sure that your device has a smooth internet connection. To check the internet connectivity you may open a random website on your computer.
- Check and ensure that you are using a compatible browser to load Gmail. Fortunately, Gmail works well with popular browsers like Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari.
- Make sure that the version of the web browser you are using is updated. Those who are using obsolete browsers should update the same as soon as possible.
- Many add-ons and plugins installed on your browser can also cause problems for you. So, if Gmail is not opening then you should disable these add-ons/ plugins and try again.
- Clear cache and cookies of your browser and load Gmail once again to see if this resolves the problem.
- Sometimes, the antivirus installed on your computer can also stop Gmail from working problems. So, if the problem continues you may consider disabling your antivirus temporarily.
- Missing windows updates can also cause Gmail to malfunction. So, make sure the version of windows you are using is outdated.
Fix Gmail isn’t working on Android?
Just like on a Windows computer, Gmail can also cause many problems on Android devices. Here are some steps that you may follow in case Gmail isn’t working on Android.
- Firstly, you need to make sure that your android device has a wifi or mobile data connection.
- Your phone should not be on airplane mode. Turn off the airplane mode if it is active.
- If you are using the Gmail app then make sure that it is updated.
- Check and confirm that there is enough storage space available on your phone to run all applications smoothly.
- Make sure you are entering the correct password if you are unable to sign in.
- Reinstall the app and see if this resolves the problem.
How to fix Gmail isn’t working on an iPhone?
Given below are the steps that you should follow in case Gmail is not working on iOS devices like iPhone, iPad, etc.
- The first thing that you should check is the internet connectivity. Make sure your iPhone has a wifi or mobile data connection.
- Confirm that there is enough storage space on your device. If your device is running out of storage space then you may uninstall some rarely used applications.
- Ensure that your iPhone is not working on airplane mode. Turn off the airplane mode immediately.
- Those who are unable to sign in should ensure that they are entering the username and password.
- If you have configured Gmail on the mail app then you should confirm that you are using the correct IMAP/ POP settings.