The Staff Selection Commission is among the most important government agencies in charge of selecting applicants for national service.
The attractive SSC CHSL income, benefits, allowances, and job stability are the main reasons why lakhs of people apply to take the SSC’s Combined Higher Secondary Level (10+2) test every year. Because of the SSC CHSL Payscale, applicants hope to secure a good future by taking the CHSL test.
This article will include SSC CHSL Posts, Salary, Job Profile and it even informs about the details regarding the Promotion policy and additional benefits.
SSC CHSL Posts and Pay-scale
Applicants should be aware of the numerous positions available after passing the CHSL test before learning about the SSC CHSL pay scale.
The following are the different posts and their Pay Scales:
|Lower Divisional Clerk (LDC)||Rs. 19,900 – 63,200/-|
|Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA)||Rs. 19,900 – 63,200/-|
|Postal Assistant (PA)||Rs. 25,500 – 81,100/-|
|Sorting Assistant (SA)||Rs. 25,500 – 81,100/-|
|Data Entry Operator (DEO): Pay Level-4||Rs. 25,500 – 81,100/-|
|Data Entry Operator (DEO): Pay Level-5||Rs. 29,200 – 92,300/-|
|DEO (Grade A)||Rs. 25,500 – 81,100/-|
SSC CHSL Salary Structure 2023 (After 7th Pay Commission)
The following is the SSC CHSL Pay Structure for Various Positions after the 7th Pay Commission:
|Post Name||Basic Pay||City||HRA||TA||Gross||In-Hand Salary|
|LDC / JSA||19900||X||4776||3600||31659||29051|
|DEO / PA / SA||25500||X||6120||3600||39555||36,291|
The Following table shows the various deductions done from the salary for different groups of cities:
|Group X||Group Y||Group Z|
|NPS (10% of Basic + DA)||2328||2328||2328|
|Net Salary (Approx)||29,051||25,659||24,067|
The salary cap and grade pay for various positions vary, as does the city in which the person is stationed. The cities have been divided into three groups by the SSC. The Table below portrays the name of the group and the list of cities in those groups:
|Group X (Population more than 50 lakhs)||Mumbai, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Delhi,
Chennai, Bangalore, Ahmadabad.
Group Y (Population in between 5-50 lakhs)
|Bhopal, Kanpur, Jaipur, Nagpur, Lucknow, Patna, Pune, Surat, Visakhapatnam, Vijayawada, Kochi, Madurai, Coimbatore,Warangal, Trivandrum, Rajkot, Vadodra, Amritsar, Indore, Gorakhpur,
Ludhiana, Agra, Meerut, Nashik, Faridabad,Varanasi, Jabalpur, Jamshedpur, Allahabad, Belgaum, Guntur, Bhubaneshwar, Hubli – Dharwad, Bhavnagar, Raipur, Mysore,
Mangalore, Cuttack, Amravati, Aurangabad, Srinagar, Bhilai, Rajahmundry, Kakinada, Nellore, Solapur, Ranchi, Guwahati, Gwalior,
Chandigarh, Patiala, Jodhpur, Tiruchirapalli.
|Group Z (Population less than 5 lakhs)||Other Cities left.|
The following are the numerous allowances that are included in the pay scale:
- House Rent
House Rent Allowance
|Group||Before 7th Pay Commission||After 7th Pay Commission|
Following are the various duties performed in each post:
Lower Division Clerk’s (LDC)
- Everyday office activities such as maintaining the office’s data, files, and papers in a methodical way.
- In most government organizations, LDCs are the first level in clerks.
- Managing the whole clerical workload and ensuring that the office runs smoothly.
- Acquiring documentation and keeping track of them.
- Obtaining Critical Files and Documents for their Seniors.
- Simple Drafts and Statements Preparation.
- Creating Staff Salary Slips.
Data Entry Operator
- Preparing notes and reports, as well as Inputting and monitoring data.
- MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint are examples of software that may be used.
- Within time constraints, inputting client and account information from source documents.
- Obtaining, modifying, investigating, and validating data from diverse sources.
- Determining that the data collected is accurate and private.
- Using software such as Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Note-taking and report-writing.
- Data entry and management.
- Entering information and Obtaining Outcomes.
Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant
- Works in the area of distribution and database management.
- Disposing of e-mails and data maintenance.
- Assistance to clients, answering customer questions, and finding a workable answer.
- Keeping track of all of the work-related duties.
- If the recipient’s address cannot be found, the returning the mail to the person who sent it.
- Mail transmission across Mail & Post Offices inside a city.
- International articles are sent through the postal service.
Promotions are given out by the Staff Selection Commission on a regular basis. The promotion guideline differs from post to post:
Data Entry Operator
|a) Data Entry Operator Grade B
b) Data Entry Operator Grade
c) Data Entry Operator Grade F (System Analyst)
Lower Division Clerk
|a)Upper Division Clerk
c) Division Clerk
|a) Assistant Clerk
b) Head Clerk
c) Bench Clerk
|a) Supervisor (LSG)
b) Chief Supervisor (HSS)
c) Senior Supervisor
SSC CHSL Eligibility Criteria
All intending candidates for the SSC CHSL must meet all of the Commission’s Eligibility Requirements.
- 18-27 Years
- Certain age relaxations are provided by the government for various categories:
|Ex-Servicemen (Gen)||3 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (OBC)||6 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (SC/ST)||8 years|
Note: PH means “Physically Handicapped”.
SSC CHSL candidates must be Indian, Nepalese, or Bhutanese nationals. If an applicant is a Nepalese or Bhutanese national, the Indian government must provide a Certificate of Eligibility in his or her favor.
- The fundamental condition is to be 12th pass from a recognized board.
- Candidates for the position of Data Entry Operator at the Controller & Auditor General of India (C&AG) should have pursued math and science as their primary subjects in 12th Grade.
Note: Students who are currently enrolled in the 12th grade are eligible to apply if they can show proof of their academic qualifications as well as credible proof from the board.
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern & Syllabus
Applicants must qualify many levels in order to be considered for multiple roles in the SSC CHSL test:
- Computer Based: Multiple Choice Questions (60 minutes)
- Pen & Paper: Descriptive (60 minutes)
- Computer Proficiency Test
The Syllabus for the Exam has been mentioned in table below:
|Reasoning||English Language||G.K||Quantitative Aptitude|
|Logical Reasoning||Reading Comprehension||Current Affairs||Mensuration|
|Ranking/Alphabet||Vocabulary||Awards & Honors||Profit & Loss|
|Alphanumeric Series||Grammar||Books & Authors||Number Systems|
|Data Sufficiency||Verbal Ability||Sports||Work & Time|
|Critical Thinking||Antonyms||History||Time & Distance|
|Semantic Classification||Active & Passive||Geography||Simple & Compound Interest|
|Syllogism||Para Jumbles||Important Schemes||Permutation, Combination & Probability|
|Tabulation||Error Correction||Famous Personalities||Surds & Indices|
|Puzzle||Fill in the Blanks||Culture||Mixtures & Allegations|
|Coded Inequalities||One Word Substitution||Economic||Ratio & Proportion, Percentage|
|Seating Arrangement||Cloze Test||Data Interpretation|
SSC CHSL Application Fee
Only SBI should be used to pay the application fee, which may be done by challan, SBI Net Banking, or any other bank’s credit/debit card. Online, a challan form will be created. For SSC CHSL, applicants must pay a non-refundable application fee according to their categories mentioned:
- The application cost for General/OBC is Rs. 100/-.
- There are no fees for SC/ST/Ex-Serviceman/Female.
So, these were the SSC CHSL Posts, Salary, and Job Profile. In comparison to many other state government positions, SSC CHSL offers job stability and guaranteed career advancement. Furthermore, the attractive pay packages, as well as additional advantages such as dearness allowances, transfer allowances, and some other perks, makes it the perfect alternative for those seeking government jobs.