Established in the year 1823, St. Paul’s School, Darjeeling is one of the oldest schools in India. The school follows the curriculum prescribed by Indian Certificate of Secondary Education and offers classes from 1 to 12. It is an all boy’s school that enrolls students in all classes except 10 and 12. A combination of advanced infrastructure, outstanding facilities and knowledgeable staff is available at the school with the aim to impart high-quality education to its students. Get detailed information related to St. Paul’s School like admission process, facilities available, contact information, etc from this post.
St. Paul’s School Darjeeling
Some basic but important details related to St. Paul’s School, Darjeeling are provided in the table below:
|Year of establishment||1823|
|Founder||John William Ricketts|
|Type of school||Private, all boys school|
|Medium of instruction||English|
|Grades offered||Class 1 to 12|
|Number of students||More than 750|
|Beginning of admission process||In the month of August|
|Contact address||St. Paul’s School, P.O: Jalapahar, Darjeeling, Pin – 734 103, West Bengal, India|
|Email address||[email protected]|
|Phone number||(0354) 2252334|
Eligibility Criteria for St. Paul’s School Admission
For admission to a particular class, the students who have cleared their previous class exam successfully will be eligible. Detailed information about the eligibility criteria can be found by visiting the school’s office.
St. Paul’s School Admission Process
- The registration form for admission may be downloaded from the school website and submitted to the school’s office.
- In the application form, details like student’s name, date of birth, religion, address, father’s name, previous schools’ info, class in which admission is sought, etc will be asked.
- A passport sized photograph of the student should be affixed in the application form as well.
- Duly filled application form along with an attested copy of birth certificate should be submitted to the school’s office.
- After submission of the application form, the students will be intimated about the rest process of admission.
- Entrance tests or interviews, as applicable are usually held in August and sometimes in December.
- Selected candidates will then be invited for document verification round. Only after verification of documents, final admission will be granted.
Facilities Offered at the St. Paul’s School
Out of the many facilities available at the St. Paul’s School, certain ones are listed here. Check out these facilities below.
- Smart classrooms
- Computer laboratory
- Science laboratory
- Multipurpose hall
- Sports Ground- Cricket & athletics ground, two other playing fields, and courts for tennis, badminton, basketball, volleyball, squash and Eton fives
- Audio visual room
- Dining hall
- Clubs & activities
- Common room
- Infirmary with medical facilities
St. Paul’s School Fee Structure
Check out the fee structure for St. Paul’s School for new admissions below:
|Particulars||Class I to V||Class VI to VIII||Class IX||Class XI|
|Board & Tuition||300000||300000||300000||310000|
|Students’ Retention Fund*||20000||20000||20000||20000|
* Students’ Retention Fund is refundable and Imprest account is adjustable.
St. Paul’s School Contact Info
- Address: St. Paul’s School, P.O: Jalapahar, Darjeeling, Pin – 734 103, West Bengal, India
- Telephone number: (0354) 2252334
- Email id: [email protected]
- Official website: https://stpaulsdarjeeling.edu.in/
In this article, an overview of the St. Paul’s School has been provided for the interested parents. In case, any discrepancy is found in the data given here, please let us know via the comment section. Feel free to drop any query or suggestion as well.
Check: Ten oldest schools in India