Latest: The MP quota for KV admission has been scrapped.
Kendriya Vidyalaya application form for Class 1 admission will release on 27th March 2023 in online mode. Kendriya Vidyalayas are often considered some of the best schools in the Country. A large number of students/ parents apply for admission to these schools every year. All Kendriya Vidyalayas in the country have some reserved seats for the Member of Parliament (MP) Quota. In fact, every Member of Parliament can recommend up to 10 students for KV Admission Under MP Quota. Go through this post to know the complete details related to KV admission Under MP Quota.
KV Admission Under MP Quota – Overview and Latest Updates
- This year, the application process of Kendriya Vidyalaya will take place in online mode.
- The application form for class 1 admission will be available from 28th February.
- KVS is also providing facility to check application status by entering Login code, Date of birth, Mobile Number.
- Using one application form, you can apply for at most 2 Kendriya Vidyalayas.
- There is no provision for an admission test for class 1st admission.
Kendriya Vidyalaya (KV) Admission Eligibility Criteria Under MP Quota
No matter under which category you are applying, you must meet the following eligibility criteria for Kendriya Vidyalaya admission.
The age limit depends upon the class in which you are looking to get admission for your child.
- 1st Class – 6 years to 8 years
- 2nd Class – 7 years to 9 years
- 3rd Class – 7 years to 9 years
- 4th Class – 8 years to 10 years
- 5th Class – 9 years to 11 years
- 6th Class – 10 years to 12 years
- 7th Class – 11 years to 13 years
- 8th Class – 12 years to 14 years
- 9th Class -13 years to 15 years
- 10th Class – 14 years to 15 years
- 11th Class – There is no age restriction for admission to Class XI provided the student is seeking admission in the year of passing Class X examination
- Candidate must have passed the previous class from a recognized school.
KV Admission Application Form 2023
KV application form will release in offline as well as online mode only. Those interested parents who are looking to enrol their wards of Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission Under MP quota may check out the application process explained below.
- To begin the process of application form submission, Parents/ students need to visit the school.
- From the school, you need to collect the required application form.
- After getting the application form, you need to fill the same in neat and clean handwriting.
- The details that you will enter in the application form should be accurate. Otherwise, the form can get rejected.
- Entering the accurate details is important because the documents will be verified at the time of the admission.
- Apart from the details, you need to affix a passport size photograph of the student on the application form.
- Finally, submit the application form along with all the relevant documents.
- Please note that there is no application fee for submitting the application form for KV admission Under MP Quota or any other quota.
Rules for Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission Under Member of Parliament (MP) quota
The rules and regulations for admission to Kendriya Vidyalaya Under Member of Parliament (MP) quota are as follows.
- The children and dependent grandchildren of Hon’ble Members of Parliament would be admitted over and above the class strength except where stated otherwise in the provision itself.
- Each Hon’ble Member of Parliament can refer 10 students for admission under the scheme in an academic year but such recommendations shall be confined to children whose parents belong to his constituency either by domicile or on account of having been soon-before posted there or else on account of exigencies of service, migrate to his constituency.
- Please note that recommendations would be for admissions in Kendriya Vidyalaya(s) located in his constituency only.
- If there is no Kendriya Vidyalaya in the constituency of MP then he/ she can recommend students in the Kendriya Vidyalaya(s) located in any neighbouring contiguous constituency
- For Member of Parliament (Rajya Sabha) the State from which the member has been elected would be deemed to be his constituency for this purpose. Nominated members of the Rajya Sabha and Lok Sabha can recommend 10 students for admission in any one or more Kendriya Vidyalaya of the country.
- The KV Admission under MP quota will be over and above the class strength
- The admission under MP quota will be provided in class from 1st to 9th only.
- No admission is allowed after the prescribed cut-off date of the year. These admissions are offered at the beginning of the academic year
- The recommendation of admission is valid only if it is made in the prescribed format provided to each Member of Parliament by KVS (HQ).
Documents Required for KV Admission Under MP Quota
The documents required for Admission to Kendriya Vidyalaya Under MP Quota are as follows.
- For Class I, certificate of proof of age in the form of a birth certificate issued by the authority competent to register births.
- For grandchildren of Hon’ble Member of Parliament, a proof of relationship of either of the child’s parents with the Hon’ble Member of Parliament would be needed.
- Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/EWS/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)/BPL wherever applicable
- PwD Certificate (If applicable)
- Proof of Residence.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Fee Structure
As per the data of the previous year, the fee structure of Kendriya Vidyalaya is given below.
- Admission Fee – Rs. 25.00
- Re Admission Fee – Rs 100.00
- Tuition Fee
- Class IX & X (Boys) – Rs 200.00
- Class XI & XII Commerce & Humanities (Boys) – Rs 300.00
- Class XI & XII Science (Boys) – Rs.400.00
- Computer Fund
- Class III onwards wherever Computer Education is being imparted – Rs 100.00
- Computer Science Fee. (for elective subjects) + 2 stage – Rs 150.00
- Vidyalaya Vikas Nidhi (Classes I-XII) – Rs. 500.00
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: In which mode the application form for KV Admission under MP Quota will release?
Answer: The application form will release in offline mode only.
Question – 2: Can an MP from Rajya Sabha recommend students for admission?
Answer: Yes, students from Rajya Sabha can also recommend students for admission.
Question – 3: What if there is no Kendriya Vidyalaya in the constituency of an MP?
Answer: In such a situation, he/ she can recommend students in the Kendriya Vidyalaya(s) located in any neighbouring contiguous constituency
Question – 4: Is there any difference in the fee structure of candidates getting admission under MP Quota?
Answer: No, the fee structure will release the same for all candidates irrespective of their categories.
2 thoughts on “KV Admission Under MP Quota (Scrapped)”
Is there any separate form of application under MP quota? How can we differentiate an ordinary form with MP quota form? Is the date of submitting the form same for all?
Can a collector recommend a student for admission?