The West Bengal Board of Secondary Education released the Madhyamik Routine for the year 2024 on 19th May 2023. The date sheet for class 10th students has been made available on the official website of the board. Students can access the routine and start preparing for their exams accordingly.
The Madhyamik exams are scheduled to start on 2nd February 2024 and will end on 12th February 2024. The exams will be conducted in only one shift. Students are advised to check the routine carefully and ensure that they reach the examination centre on time.
Additionally, The West Bengal Board of Secondary Education has also provided guidelines for students appearing for the Madhyamik exams. It is important for students to follow these guidelines. With the release of the Madhyamik Routine, students can now plan their studies and prepare for the exams with a clear understanding of the exam dates.
West Bengal Madhyamik Routine 2024 Overview
|Name of the document
|West Bengal Madhyamik Routine 2024
|Document Releasing Authority
|West Bengal Board of Secondary Education (WBBSE)
|Starting of the exam
|2nd February 2024
|Last date of the exam
|12th February 2024
WBBSE Madhyamik Routine 2024
Students should start preparing for West Bengal Board Class 10th Exam 2024 because the timetable is now released by the board. All examinations will start at 11:45 AM in the morning and end at 3:00 PM. Check out the following table to see the West Bengal Madhyamik Time Table 2024.
|Madhyamik Pariksha 2024 Routine
|2nd February 2024
|3rd February 2024
|5th February 2024
|6th February 2024
|8th February 2024
|9th February 2024
|10th February 2024
|12th February 2024
|Optional Elective Subjects
Steps to download West Bengal Madhyamik Time Table 2024
The West Bengal Board of Secondary Education has released the Class 10th Time Table for the academic year 2023-24. Students can follow these simple steps to download the timetable.
- Firstly, visit the official website of the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education.
- Then, click on the ‘Examination’ tab and select ‘Schedule’.
- Finally, select the ‘Madhyamik Pariksha (Secondary Examination)’ option and the timetable will be displayed.
- You should take a printout of the date sheet and keep it safe for future reference.
Important Points Regarding West Bengal Madhyamik Routine 2024
The West Bengal Madhyamik Time Table 2024 has some important points that students should take note of.
- There will be an extra 15 minutes given for reading the question paper before the exam starts. This will give students more time to understand the questions and plan their answers accordingly.
- The Shorthand & Typewriting exam will only be held at Siliguri and Kolkata. Students from other regions will have to travel to these cities to take the exam. It is important for students to make the necessary arrangements in advance.
- The duration of the Sewing and Needlework exam has been extended to 4 hours and 15 minutes. This will give students more time to complete their projects and ensure that they are able to showcase their skills to the best of their abilities.
- Practical exams will be held at individual schools. This means that students will not have to travel to a central location to take the exam. It is important for students to check the dates and times of their practical exams and make sure that they are prepared for them.
- The duration of Vocational subjects (under the NSQF Project) is 1 hour and 45 minutes. Practical exams of these subjects will be organized by the individual schools or sector skill councils.
- The exam duration for the computer application theory exam is 2 hours and 45 minutes. Practical exams for the same will take place in the individual school.
West Bengal Madhyamik 2024 Passing Marks
|272 or above
|Marks required for securing 1st Division
|480 or above
|Marks required for securing 2nd Division
|360 or above
|Marks required for securing 3rd Division
|272 or above
Preparation tips for West Bengal Class 10th Examination 2024
Here are some tips to help students prepare for the upcoming West Bengal board examinations.
- Students should create a study schedule that allows them to cover all the subjects thoroughly. This will help them manage their time effectively and avoid last-minute cramming.
- It is also important to take breaks in between study sessions to avoid being overtired.
- Students should focus on practising the previous year’s question papers and sample papers. This will help them understand the exam pattern and the types of questions that are likely to be asked.
- Students should seek help from teachers or tutors to clarify any doubts they may have.
Examination Day Instructions
- It is advised that students reach the exam centre before 11:15 am to avoid any last-minute rush.
- Students are given an extra 15 minutes to read the question paper which should be utilized wisely.
- During the exam, it is important to not get stuck on a tough question for too long. Instead, attempt the easier questions first and come back to the tougher ones later. This will ensure that maximum marks are obtained.
- Finally, it is recommended that students revise their answer sheets before submitting them.
Frequently Asked Questions
The exam will start on 2nd February 2024.
The routine is released on the official website of the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education. Students can also obtain a physical copy from their school.
No, the use of calculators is not allowed during the exams.