World Consumer Rights Day 2023 is commemorated globally on March 15. This year, the theme of the day is “Clean Energy Transitions”. The day is celebrated to increase consumer knowledge of their rights and demands in order to empower them to combat societal issues.
Consumer rights refer to everyone’s right to know about the value, integrity, cost, and quality of different items, commodities, and services all over the globe. Furthermore, to raise awareness of a customer’s rights, this worldwide event is held every year.
World Consumer Rights Day 2023 Date
|Event||World Consumer Rights Day|
|2023 World Consumer Rights Day Date||March 15|
|Date in 2024||March 15, 2024|
|Date in 2025||March 15, 2025|
World Consumer Rights Day History
In 1966, Maharashtra became the epicenter of India’s consumer movement. Many states established consumer welfare organizations after Pune’s 1974 creation of the Grahak Panchayat, and the movement grew from there.
When Rajiv Gandhi, India’s former prime minister, proposed the Consumer Protection Bill on December 9th, 1986, it was approved and signed by President Reagan two days later. On July 20 of last year, a change was made to the legislation to provide consumers greater authority and competence.
There have been many significant revisions to the Consumer Protection Act by the national govt. As a result of the new consumer legislation, businesses and artists who promote for them are being held more accountable than ever before. The Consumer Protection Act of 2019 now covers e-commerce businesses as well.
World Consumer Rights Day Celebration
Find activities in local town that are attempting to raise consciousness about consumer rights or forms of public policies that will need to be addressed in order to commemorate the occasion.
The day is dedicated to organizing citizen activist groups throughout the globe, if every individual else participated in their local areas, they would be one step closer to achieving their objectives.
World Consumer Rights Day 2023: Rights of Consumer
The consumer rights movement in India began in Maharashtra in 1966. Pune’s Grahak Panchayat, founded in 1974, sparked the creation of slew similar consumer-focused organizations throughout the country. The Consumer Protection Act of 1986 was enacted by Parliament on December 9th, 1986, with the goal of giving customers more authority. According to this legislation, consumer committees, tribunals, and appeals court will all be established for the purpose of resolving complaints.
Customers have the following options under the new legislation:
- First and foremost, the right to be addressed in an acceptable forum.
- The right to pursue restitution in the event of unfair commercial practices.
- The right to receive education and awareness
- The right to get products and services at a reasonable price.
- Fifth, the right to be educated about the nature, effectiveness, quality, standards, and price of products and services.
- The right to be safeguarded from the improper marketing of products and services that are harmful to one’s life or property.
Check: Special days in March
World Consumer Rights Day 2023 Theme
World Consumer Rights Day 2023 Theme: “Clean Energy Transitions“
World Consumer Rights Day 2022 Theme: “Fair Digital Finance”
The 2021’s theme was “Tackle plastic pollution”. A major problem confronting our world is the over use of plastics. Plastic issue awareness among consumers is rising all around the globe. Director General of Consumers International, Helena Leurent, wrote in a recent statement on World Consumer Rights Day that customers have a vital role in influencing the economy and that we should help them organize companies and governments to guarantee sustainable solutions is available to everyone.
World Consumer Rights Day 2023 Quotes
- “Our personal consumer choices have ecological, social, and spiritual consequences. It is time to re-examine some of our deeply held notions that underlie our lifestyles.” (David Suzuki)
- “Consumption is the sole end and purpose of all production; and the interest of the producer ought to be attended to, only so far as it may be necessary for promoting that of the consumer.” (Adam Smith)
- “You are serving a customer not a life sentence; learn how to enjoy your work.” (Laurie McIntosh)
- “We see our customers as invited guests to a party, and we are the hosts, it’s our Job every day to make every important aspect of the customer experience a little bit better.” (Jeff Bezos)
- “Customers are the most important visitor on our premises, they are not dependent on us, and we are dependent on them. They are not an interruption in our work. They are the purpose of it. They are not outsiders in our business. They are part of it; we are not doing them a favor by serving them. They are doing us a favor by giving us an opportunity to do so.” (Mahatma Gandhi)
Frequently Asked Questions
|Question 1: When is World Consumer Rights Day 2023?||We celebrate World Consumer Rights Day on March 15. This year, it falls on Wednesday.|
|Question 2: What is the theme of World Consumer Rights Day in 2023?||“Clean Energy Transitions”|
|Question 3: Why do we celebrate on World Consumer Rights Day?||In order to increase awareness regarding the rights and needs of consumers.|
1 thought on “World Consumer Rights Day 2023: Date, Theme (Clean Energy Transitions), History, Celebration, Theme, Quotes”
sir kya kam h ye