On April 30, the country will commemorate Ayushman Bharat Diwas 2023, a day dedicated to the realization of the goal of universal health care. As a way to raise awareness of low-cost healthcare in rural regions, this day has been designated as “Socio-Economic Class Assessment Day.”
Furthermore, the day is devoted to promoting health and well-being, as well as ensuring insurance coverage for the poor and disadvantaged. The programme is also known as the National Health Insurance Program and Medicare. This plan covers a wide range of illnesses, including pediatric cancer.
Ayushman Bharat Diwas 2023 Date
|Event||Ayushman Bharat Diwas 2023|
|Ayushman Bharat Diwas 2023 Date||30th April 2023|
|Ayushman Bharat Diwas 2023 Theme
Ayushman Bharat Diwas Concept
Using a need-based strategy rather than a sectoral or segregated one, Ayushman Bharat is a cornerstone effort aimed at providing universal access to health care. With the goal of making healthcare available to everyone in the nation, the government has created this programme.
Affordability and accessibility are key criteria for determining the effectiveness of a healthcare system. It reduces illness impact by making providers responsible for efficiency and value. A two-pronged strategy is used by Ayushman Bharat:
- Create fitness & wellbeing facilities to deliver medical treatment into people’s homes initially.
- In the event of a major health event, a PMJAY would provide financial security for low-income and otherwise vulnerable households.
Ayushman Bharat Diwas 2023: Needs
- Healthcare system in India is in a state of crisis, according to the latest NSSO findings.
- As many as 86 percent of rural residents and 82 percent of urban residents do not have health insurance.
- In the United States, more than 17% of the populace invests at least of 10% of their household expenditures on healthcare.
- Families sometimes find themselves in debt due to unforeseen and catastrophic healthcare issues.
- Bank loans cover the costs of healthcare for over 19% of urban families with over 24% of rural population, accordingly.
Ayushman Bharat Diwas: Wellness Centres
- These clinics will offer CPHC, which includes maternity and child health care as well as non-communicable illnesses, as well as free necessary medications and treatment tests.
- Along with many other things, the Health and Wellbeing Centers will play a key role in raising public awareness of PMJAY, monitoring for non-communicable illnesses, and monitoring patients who have been hospitalized.
- Medical centres may play an important role in decreasing the need for costly treatments at higher levels of care by engaging in health and curative care services.
- It would be a major undertaking to upgrade wellness centers and increase the range of services they provide. Infrastructural issues, such as a lack of electricity or insufficient equipment, must be addressed first.
- Another key obstacle in implementing this component of the plan is the limited functioning of this infrastructures and its concentration in the city.
- This program’s financing has yet to be determined. Due to staff constraints, many centers have to make do with fewer than half the skilled staff they require.
Ayushman Bharat Diwas: PM-JAY
One of the goals of PM-JAY is to bring universal health coverage to fruition. There are several advantages to using it, which are outlined here.
- It will help numerous families save money on their medical bills, which are presently mostly out-of-pocket. Families that qualify for Medicaid may get high-quality medical care without incurring a financial burden.
- Coverage for things that are often prohibited from normal medi-claims is given under this programme.
- Hospitals are required to meet a minimal benchmark as part of the programme.
- New markets will open up for both insurers and third-party administration, who will benefit greatly from the programme.
- India’s medical system stands to benefit greatly from this initiative.
- Beneficiary households are estimated to have conserved more than Rs.13000 crores in the first year of the program’s implementation.
- Private hospitals performed more than 60% of the therapy. There has been a lot of involvement from the business sector in this plan, and they’ve also reaped the benefits. Private health care in several Tier II and Tier III towns have seen a surge in patients.
- Why People from economically disadvantaged backgrounds can get high-quality medical treatment without facing financial challenges.
- Since the plan was implemented, additional jobs have been created. More than 50,000 jobs were created as a result of 2018. The government intends to bring more jobs by 2023; therefore this figure is likely to rise.
Ayushman Bharat Diwas: Future Expectations
Goal one should be the development of a strategy for achieving universal health care by upgrading public sector facilities on a regular basis. The illness load may be avoided by implementing access to fresh water, cleanliness, trash disposal, waste disposal, nutrition security, nourishment, and mosquito control via inter-sectoral cooperation. Ayushman Bharat’s integration of the Swachh Bharat initiative might be a first step.
There are several benefits to converting district clinics to government healthcare schools and teaching hospitals. Involving network operators in the process of effective governance may ensure that they are held accountable for both cost and quality. The entire cost of healthcare may be reduced further if technology and innovation are used effectively. Elevated, low-cost, patient-centric, intelligent wellbeing remedies can be provided by AI-powered Smartphone platforms. The Ayushman Bharat’s IT framework, which is scalable and coherent, is a move in the right direction.
Frequently Asked Questions
We celebrate Ayushman Bharat Diwas on 30th April every year.
Pradhan Mantri Narendra Modi had launched Ayushman Bharat Scheme in April 2018.
To provide 5 lakh rupees of health cover to each family every year.