The 24th of April has been designated as National Panchayati Raj Day 2022 by the government. The yearly festival is held to remember the passing of the 73rd Amendment to the Constitution on June 17, 1992. On April 24th, 1993, the law went into force. On April 24, 2010, the PM Manmohan Singh designated the first National Panchayati Raj Day, which was observed for the first time. The beginning of decentralized authority is commemorated on National Panchayati Raj Day.
National Panchayati Raj Day 2022
|Event||National Panchayati Raj Day 2022|
|Date||24th April 2022|
National Panchayati Raj Day 2022: History
India is the world’s biggest democratic and one of the world’s most populous countries. Throughout many regions, the individual occupying the highest position (meaning the CM of the state) doesn’t even have a realistic picture of the challenges encountered by rural residents because of the huge population and big territory. As a result, it was determined to delegate democracy’s authority.
For this reason, a panel headed by Balwantrai Mehta was established in 1957 to meet the demand. The Board advocated for a more equitable distribution of authority. And for the first moment in decades, Panchayati Raj was established in India.
National Panchayati Raj Day 2022: Significance
This yearly event commemorates the momentous day in 1992 when the Constitution Act (73rd Amendment) was approved, and it’s held to this day. It was established on April 24th, 1993, a year afterwards. As a result, the creation of decentralized authority is acknowledged on National Panchayati Raj Day.
On April 24, 2010, then-Indian PM Manmohan Singh proclaimed the inaugural National Panchayati Raj Day. To tackle Communist insurgency, he said Panchayati Raj institutions and villagers participating in the planning process were important. The idea to decentralize authority to the rural areas was taken since it was impossible for a single CM to oversee a complete state and resolve all of its difficulties in the shortest amount of time feasible.
National Panchayati Raj Day 2022: SVAMITVA Scheme
State Revenue Departments, State Panchayati Raj Departments, and the Survey of India collaborated on the SVAMITVA plan.
To offer rural India with a comprehensive property verification solutions.
- It’s a plan to use surveillance drones as well as a Consistently Operating Reference Center to map rural parcels of land.
- Within next four years, during 2020 to 2024, the nation would be mapped in phases.
National Panchayati Raj Day 2022: Important Facts
- NPR 2021 had participation from around 74,000 Panchayats.
- This year’s engagement on National Panchayati Raj Day will be 28% more than previous year’s.
- As of now, the nation’s three-tiered government structure comprises over 2.6 lakh Panchayats (village, block, and zila) and a total of 2.6 lakh Block Samitis.
- The Panchayat administration, which consists of three levels, aims to help people at the grassroots level improve socially and economically.
- During 2010, Dr. Manmohan Singh, the then-Prime Minister, announced the inaugural National Panchayati Raj Day.
- Panchayati Raj was made official with the implementation of the 73rd Constitutional Amendment in 1993.
National Panchayati Raj Day 2022: Panchayats Responsibilities
Legislators in legislative bodies have the ability to provide Panchayats the power and responsibilities they need to operate as self-governing entities in their jurisdictions. They might well be tasked with formulating and implementing strategies for economic growth and social equity.
Tolls, levies, or other charges could be levied by a state or local government on a Panchayat if the state has the authority to do so. The Combined Funds of the State may provide grants-in-aid to the Panchayats for local development.
The Final thoughts are that starting the Panchayati Raj administration in the nation is a good move for the distribution of control in the hands of a large number of citizens and communities.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1: What is the date of National Panchayati Raj Day 2022?
Answer: We celebrate National Panchayati Raj Day on 24th April 2022.
Question 2: What is the theme of National Panchayati Raj Day 2022?
Answer: Not any specific theme declared for this year.
Question 3: When was the first National Panchayati Raj Day celebrated?
Answer: 24 April 2010