Search Engine Optimization (SEO) helps websites to rank higher in search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing etc.
However, do you know there are many free SEO tools that can actually help you while practicing best SEO tactics on your website?
Existence of SEO tools has made it easier for site owners to implement new methodologies so that their websites continue to stay on top.
Here is the list of 15 best and free SEO tools in 2023
List of 15 Best and Free SEO Tools in 2023
- Google Search Central (formerly Webmasters)
This is one of the free SEO tools offered by Google and help site owners to monitor, debug, and of course optimize their sites. You’ll have idea about pages which are performing well with details like number of impressions, number of clicks, CTR, position, and list of keywords people are using to access your website. You can further optimize your website with proper keywords and contents.
Google Search Central allows you to submit and check a sitemap.
You can check crawl rate, and view statistics regarding when Googlebot is accessing a specific site.
You can check robots.txt file for pages which are accidentally blocked.
Overview of internal and external pages of your websites.
Explore site speed reports.
This tool also owns a feature named URL Inspection Tool.
- Google Analytics
Google Analytics helps site owners and SEO professionals to get insight of the website traffic. It is a free SEO tool that can help you to track real-time user engagement on your site. The overall earning of a website depends upon CPC and the CPC depends upon the quality of your website search.
With Google Analytics, you can also track quality of your website traffic. You should also know the most expensive keywords in the world so that you could optimize your website accordingly.
- You can use both Google Analytics web and Google analytics mobile application for the same property.
- Experience an easy-to-navigate homepage.
- You can analyze your audience interests.
- You can also get overview of how a user is navigating your site.
- Yoast SEO Plugin
Yoast SEO is one of the widely used WordPress plugins that helps site owners to optimize their web pages internally. You can download and install Yoast SEO plugin on your WordPress site and perform on-page SEO activities.
You can insert focus keyphrase, SEO title, slug, and meta description. You can also track SEO performance on your site with Yoast SEO Plugin.
- When you optimize your site’s contents and keywords with Yoast SEO it improves ranking of your website.
- Yoast SEO is the most popular and free SEO tool for WordPress.
- Yoast SEO is available in both free and paid version. While, free version is sufficient to optimize your site, the paid version welcomes many new features that will ultimately improve visibility of your website.
Check best email clients for Windows 10
- Answer The Public
Answer The Public is your go-to tool if you are willing to get insight of what people are searching around your keyword.
The perfect keyword analysis by Answer The Public helps you to curate highly-optimized, and signature contents, products and services so that can you can serve your visitors and customers beyond their expectations.
- We have ranked Answer The Public at 4th in the list of 15 best and free SEO tools in 2023 because of its massive popularity and global reputation.
- You can reveal actual questions and queries relevant to your business.
- You can easily grow with the organic keywords.
- Bing Webmaster Tools
Getting your website’s performance data, benefits of free SEO tools and improving your web page ranking- Bing offers it all.
You can also activate personalized messages and alerts for your websites and get overview of what people are searching to access your site.
The in-built SEO tool helps you to explore your website, manage keyword, analyze Backlinks, and much more to rank your site higher in Search Engines.
- Google Trends
Do you know which keywords are trending in your country and worldwide today? It is important to know trending keywords so that you can optimize your site accordingly.
Google Trends gives you a quick overview of trending keywords worldwide.
The best thing about Google Trends is that you can access the tool in many languages including English, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, French, and more.
- Ahrefs Keyword Generator
With Ahrefs Keyword Generator, you can generate hundreds of keywords when you search a phrase or keyword. All you need to put up to ten words or phrases and the result is there on the screen.
With Ahrefs Keyword Generator, you have the best keywords that are searched across 243 countries.
- Track easy keywords you can rank for.
- It is also possible to detect long-tail keywords.
- You can easily track competition for top-ranking pages.
- It is also possible to create a list of your best keywords in few clicks.
- Robots.txt Generator
What does the robots.txt file mean? It mentions the pages you are allowing User-Agents to crawl.
You can either allow all web pages to get crawled or customize it based on your needs. You can also mention the page urls you don’t want User-Agents to crawl.
Semrush allows you to implement best SEO tactics, do competitor research, content marketing, social media marketing, and PPC all at just one platform. It gives you easy to use SEO tools to bring organic traffic to your website.
- Millions of local and global keywords are waiting to be explored.
- You can also run technical SEO audits.
- Tracking your SERP position on a daily basis is possible.
- Creating and tracking your PPC campaigns is also possible with Semrush.
- Animalz Revive
When we deal with a blog with huge number of pages it is possible that few pages are outdated or we forgot to update.
To stay on top for a particular keyword you have to keep your page updated with regular and new contents. When we do not update we usually see decline in the page ranking.
What will Animalz Revive do- it will forecast all your older pages with past traffic to it. Based on the popularity, you can update these pages one by one.
So, if you are suffering through a declined traffic to your website or blog then you must try Animalz Revive. There is a higher probability that you will get back on track.
Check list of best free email account
- Google’s Mobile-Friendly Test
Is your website mobile friendly? Today, if you are willing to have higher traffic to your blog or website, then you have to make your web pages mobile friendly.
Fortunately, Google’s Mobile-Friendly Test can help you to track your page score for mobile.
All you need to enter your page URL to check if it is mobile-friendly.
- Moz Link Explorer
Backlinks of your sites also play an outstanding role in putting your website higher on Search Engine ranking.
One of the best links to check Backlinks of your page is Moz Link Explorer.
All you need to enter the URL and you can easily get the free link data. It is one of the best and free SEO tools in 2023.
- Found Free SEO Audit Tool
Is your website losing traffic? Are you experiencing sudden fall in your website traffic? SEO audit could be the best option in this case.
One of such tools is Found Free SEO Audit tool. This tool can easily help you discover technical issues, content issues and external link issues with your site.
All you need to enter your website URL and an instant automated SEO audit of your site will be generated on your screen.
- SEO Spider
The Screaming Frog SEO Spider is a well-know SEO tool that assist you to perk up onsite SEO, by finding common SEO errors in your site.
It is a free tool for initial 500 URLs and later you can buy its license to move ahead with several advanced features.
- You can easily find broken links.
- Locate temporary and permanent redirects
- Explore Page Titles & Meta Data
- Find duplicate contents and many more.
Nightwatch is an amazing tool which is primarily a backlink and keyword checking tool with few added benefits. Additionally, it can easily fetch reports from Yahoo, Google, Bing, Google places, Duck Duck Go, and Youtube.
- Search a keyword you’d like to track for your blog or website.
- ‘Auto discover’ option gives you option to get quick insight of keywords relevant to your business.
- You do have option to track for mobile or desktop or both.
We have listed only 15 best and free SEO tools in 2023, however there are many other incredible SEO tools you may use. We’ll keep listing new SEO tools so that your website or blog will continue to stay on track.