Billabong High International School, Thane (BHIS, Thane) is relatively a newer school established by Goenka Global Education group in the year 2006. In a very short span of time, this school has gained a lot of reputation for itself. Backed by a team of well-qualified teachers and support staff, it is one of the best school in North Mumbai. What makes Billabong High International School so unique is its innovative and smart teaching methodology.
To offer world-class education and develop personalities of its students, Billabong High promotes activity-based learning. In addition to this, the infrastructure and facilities offered by this school are also top-notch. The Billabong High International School is managed by Mr. Sudhir Goenka who is a leading entrepreneur and philanthropist.
Billabong High International School Thane Admission Process
Being an international school, Billabong high has all the qualities that we expect from the best schools in North Mumbai. You should have a look at the table given below to check important information regarding the school and its admission process.
|Type of Institute||Private co-educational|
|Mode of Application||Offline|
|Application/ Admission Queries||For admission and application queries, Parents need to give a call to any of the following three numbers.+91 8496060000
|Managing Trustee||Mr. Sudhir Goenka|
|Name of Principal||Kalyani Chaudhuri|
|Contact Address||Billabong High International School Shree Nagar, Main Road No 27, Wagle Industrial Estate, Thane – W, Thane – 400604|
|Phone Number||+91 – 8496060000|
|General: [email protected]: [email protected]
Career: [email protected]
Sections of Billabong High International School
For better management, the Billabong High International School is divided into different sections as explained below.
Kangaroo Kids International Preschool
- It is the Preschool section of Billabong High International School (BHIS), Thane.
- Kangaroo Kids is rated by many agencies as No. 1 pre-school in India from the last five year consecutively.
ICSE – Primary Grade (1 to 5)
- Managed by Ms. Sanika Joshi, this section gives emphasis on activity-based learning for the students.
- In the primary grades (1 to 5), no formal examinations are conducted. Instead, the evaluation takes place through crosswords, quizzes, projects and other methods of assessments.
IGCSE Board Cambridge Primary Grade (1 to 5)
- The Cambridge primary education program follows a world-class curriculum and integrated assessment program.
- Subjects taught in this curriculum are Mathematics, English, English (as a 2nd language), and Science.
ICSE – Secondary Grade (6 to 10)
- In this section, students have to choose any one of the following three subject groups for their studies.
|Group – I||Group – II||Group – III|
|1st English Language and Literature (Compulsory)||Mathematics||Computer Application|
|2nd Language – Hindi or Marathi (Compulsory)||Science (Physics/Chemistry/Biology) or Economics or Commercial Studies||Commercial Application|
|History, Civics & Geography (Compulsory)||Economic Application|
|Art (Paper I and III)|
- This section is controlled by Ms. Yojana Suryarao who has immense experience in management and supervision.
IGCSE Board Cambridge Secondary Grade (6 to 10)
- Similarly to the IGCSE Board Primary Grade, the English, Mathematics, and Science subjects are taught on the basis of International curriculum in IGCSE secondary grade as well.
ISC – Grade XI and XII
- Billabong School offers only science and Commerce stream in grade XI and XII
- The specialty of this section is that students are expected to put in 50 hours of community service (mandatory requirement of Board) in a recognized NGO.
IGCSE Board Cambridge (As/ A Level)
- In this section, a broad and flexible study program is provided from various subjects in the field of Languages, Humanities, Social Sciences, Mathematics, Creative and Technical and Vocational.
- It is an internationally used curriculum helps students to get admission into various foreign universities.
What makes BHIS so special?
There are many reasons why Billabong High International School is considered one of the finest schools in Mumbai. Some of these reasons are as follows.
- Impressive Teacher Students Ratio of 18:1.
- Well qualified teachers who are experts in their subjects.
- Educomp system for communicating with parents and all stakeholders to keep them abreast with the latest developments of their ward.
- Extra-curricular activities including sports, and other cultural activities.
- Billablog to keep students and parent updated with the latest news and happenings in the school.
Feel free to share your review, concern or feedback in the comment box below.